Olive Garden's neverending pasta bowl

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think the better question is why are you eating at golden corral ?

its a self intervention. i watch some of those people eat and it disgusts me to no end, then i go home and eat a salad because i don't want to be morbidly obese from eating on countless "all you can eat" buffets.

last time i went there i saw some 5 year old kid go grab spaghetti with his bare hands and eat it on the way to the table. But not before grabbing a slice of pizza before he got to his destination.

Allison, you need to go to a Golden Corral on a thanksgiving in Corpus Christi, TX and document shit like that via photos. i'ts disgustingly intriguing. you'd have a 200p coffee book filled within a matter of minutes.

last time i ate there i was harassed by a woman with no teeth about the location of the freedom fries (which makes complete sense considering i had rolls, steak and mac and cheese on my plate), saw a grown woMAN/child/thing/not really sure wearing spandex covered in urine(from a few moments before as our server told us) waiting in line for another plate, an old man with a camo leg cast up to his balls who refused help because he doesnt believe in welfare and lastly an obese child much like the ones on maury wearing whitey tighties and covered in some sort of red sauce.

BEST. RESTURAUNT. EVER!

You know that "chocolate" "ice cream" that comes out of that filthy looking machine you only see at buffets? I like it and I don't know why. It doesn't taste like chocolate or ice cream. It's like frozen government-issued-milk-like-beverage flavored with chocolate water.

It disturbs me how much I like it.

its a self intervention. i watch some of those people eat and it disgusts me to no end, then i go home and eat a salad because i don't want to be morbidly obese from eating on countless "all you can eat" buffets.

last time i went there i saw some 5 year old kid go grab spaghetti with his bare hands and eat it on the way to the table. But not before grabbing a slice of pizza before he got to his destination.

Allison, you need to go to a Golden Corral on a thanksgiving in Corpus Christi, TX and document shit like that via photos. i'ts disgustingly intriguing. you'd have a 200p coffee book filled within a matter of minutes.

last time i ate there i was harassed by a woman with no teeth about the location of the freedom fries (which makes complete sense considering i had rolls, steak and mac and cheese on my plate), saw a grown woMAN/child/thing/not really sure wearing spandex covered in urine(from a few moments before as our server told us) waiting in line for another plate, an old man with a camo leg cast up to his balls who refused help because he doesnt believe in welfare and lastly an obese child much like the ones on maury wearing whitey tighties and covered in some sort of red sauce.

BEST. RESTURAUNT. EVER!

dude, if we both went once a week it could be a tumblr in the making. now if i could only figure out a way to take inconspicuous pictures. the laughs it would bring.

BEST. RESTURAUNT. EVER!

dude, if we both went once a week it could be a tumblr in the making. now if i could only figure out a way to take inconspicuous pictures. the laughs it would bring.

shit dude, if i went once a week i would turn to one of these assholes. i have thought about making a blog for it. there are enough ryans and golden corrals spread out in the suburbs around atlanta to do this for sure. i swear the woman who pissed herself had my girlfriend and i in complete awe. she was just going along, business as usual, ready for that third or fourth helping. you know, the more i think about this it needs to be done. if the iphone 5 drops next month, consider it done(better camera).

i'm a fat guy and i always see the Olive Garden commercial and say "oh yeah, the endless pasta bowl is back!" and think i'm going to go there. i have yet to ever have it. it's still Olive Garden.

the thing i would normally go there for is definitely the endless salad bowl. my family loves Olive Garden, but i almost always pass on it because their actual food is so average.

actually, the best part of any buffet to me is the salad bar. Sizzler, fuck yes. i wish we had them in MN.

One of my hugest memories from childhood came from a visit to Pizza Hut and seeing an extremely large family wrapping up their meal right as we were sitting down. I'm not sure what they had consumed but as they were preparing to leave, I eyed the table which was covered (every single inch) with crumbs, parmesan cheese, remnants of toppings and half melted ice cubes. When they left, a waitress came over to the table and let out a very audible sigh before disappearing again. She returned with two other folks who all proceeded to rehabilitate this table with all the precision of a clean up crew after a nuclear fall out.

Buffets have always terrified me.

I dont' understand what it is about food that makes fat people think they're entitled to be completely fucking vile and leave a path of destruction at every table they eat at when they go out.

I'm fairly big, and unless something terrible happens, I clean up after myself, try to make it easier for the server, and tip average to well, depending on service. (Not going to lie, though, I've stiffed a few times, but that's only been when it was a tremendously shitty server. As in trainees at other places were better.)

Food's undercooked? I ask to send it back for more time on the grill. If I don't hear from the manager, that's okay, so long as a get my food. There was the time one Valentine's Day where i took my then girlfriend, now wife to OG, and her steak bits on the steak gorgonzola were still purple and cold as ice.

I didn't ask to see the manager, but she came out anyway because it was that bad when it came back. EMily's meal was comped and they gave us dessert on the house. I tipped the server handsomely for her service and told her to not worry about our table too much, 'cause it's not her fault the kitchen wasn't doing their damn job. (and for fuck's sake, I just spent a third of what we would've if all that wasn't comped, so why the shit not? the server was great!)

Then I hear stories of fat people being absolute goddamn stereotypes and it just mades me seethe.

I don't know. Felt like hearing my keyboard make noise.

Ever have people that you're only friends with because you work with them? Fake friends really. I worked with these two fat girls and we became fake friends. I soon loathed going out to eat with them as it was just unbearable. The worst part was their attitude of "fuck it I'm not tipping because I don't technically have to." It was so bad that they would double-team argue with me about how foolish it was that I was giving away money that I didn't have to.

So yeah, imagine having 550 pounds of retard calling you an idiot for leaving a tip.

i have a 'friend' i went to high school with who would throw a shit fit about this thread.

she goes on these 'fat is ok, there's nothing wrong with being fat, how dare you make fun of someone or call them gross for being fat! fat is just as healthy as skinny!'

one time i posted on twitter that the sad/disturbing thing of the day was seeing morbidly obese parents let their morbidly obese children load up their cart with frozen TGIFridays mozarella sticks at the grocery store.

she informed me that i was sad and disturbing for thinking that that was sad and disturbing. oh, ok crazy person.

Ever have people that you're only friends with because you work with them? Fake friends really. I worked with these two fat girls and we became fake friends. I soon loathed going out to eat with them as it was just unbearable. The worst part was their attitude of "fuck it I'm not tipping because I don't technically have to." It was so bad that they would double-team argue with me about how foolish it was that I was giving away money that I didn't have to.

So yeah, imagine having 550 pounds of retard calling you an idiot for leaving a tip.

i use to go to this 24 hour kerbey lane here in austin. the waitress was always awesome so this time i tipped her like 10 bucks on a 10 dollar meal. told the two i was with that i was going to the restroom and then would wait outside for them so i could smoke. when they came out i asked how much they tipped. dude said he didn't, that i had tipped enough for all 3 of us. their meal came out to maybe $12 total and they decided not to tip at all. i never ate with the guy or his ugly ass girlfriend again. dude still lives off his parents at 30 years old.

i have a 'friend' i went to high school with who would throw a shit fit about this thread.

she goes on these 'fat is ok, there's nothing wrong with being fat, how dare you make fun of someone or call them gross for being fat! fat is just as healthy as skinny!'

one time i posted on twitter that the sad/disturbing thing of the day was seeing morbidly obese parents let their morbidly obese children load up their cart with frozen TGIFridays mozarella sticks at the grocery store.

she informed me that i was sad and disturbing for thinking that that was sad and disturbing. oh, ok crazy person.

Honestly, I agree with her to an extent. I wouldn't say it's "as healthy" as anything, but in actuality, it's not a terrible thing to be bigger. We're not so much calling them gross because they're fat. We're (or at least *I* am) calling people gross because they're fucking slobs without the sense of decency to know they can't treat a public restaurant like it's their own goddamn kitchen.

However, things such as acting like a goddamn caricature of fat people, and being a fucking slob is never okay, no matter how big or small you are.

Honestly, I agree with her to an extent. I wouldn't say it's "as healthy" as anything, but in actuality, it's not a terrible thing to be bigger. We're not so much calling them gross because they're fat. We're (or at least *I* am) calling people gross because they're fucking slobs without the sense of decency to know they can't treat a public restaurant like it's their own goddamn kitchen.

However, things such as acting like a goddamn caricature of fat people, and being a fucking slob is never okay, no matter how big or small you are.

exactly. i have friends who are obese and i don't really give a crap whether you're fat or skinny. a skinny person who eats horribly can be just as unhealthy as a fat person. food gluttony like in this thread is just disgusting, though.

also, it's not ok to allow your kids to fill your shopping cart with awful, pre-made frozen foods regardless of how fat/skinny they are, in my opinion.

i use to go to this 24 hour kerbey lane here in austin. the waitress was always awesome so this time i tipped her like 10 bucks on a 10 dollar meal. told the two i was with that i was going to the restroom and then would wait outside for them so i could smoke. when they came out i asked how much they tipped. dude said he didn't, that i had tipped enough for all 3 of us. their meal came out to maybe $12 total and they decided not to tip at all. i never ate with the guy or his ugly ass girlfriend again. dude still lives off his parents at 30 years old.

just wanted to add that kerbey lane is amazing