Fuck Bugs!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're are more bugs during summer, but they move indoors for the fall.

thats my problem.

spiders, and right now, fucking fruit flies!

i keep my sink clean, we don't keep food out, and i've even been bleaching my drains since they showed up but they won't go away!!

i always hate fall, cos there's always bugs in my apartment!

Guest errolwest
at least there are fewer....mosquitos! they are my arch enemy.

normally we get tons of mosquitoes every summer, but this year we released a bunch of dragonflies in the city, and i didnt see a mosquito all summer. it ruled.

i mean, there were a lot of dragonflies, but they just hangout, so it was all good.

i guess my point is, fuck-a-bug.

at least there are fewer....mosquitos! they are my arch enemy.

normally we get tons of mosquitoes every summer, but this year we released a bunch of dragonflies in the city, and i didnt see a mosquito all summer. it ruled.

i mean, there were a lot of dragonflies, but they just hangout, so it was all good.

i guess my point is, fuck-a-bug.

i wish PA would learn some bug control lessons from our northern brethren!

they usually spray some form of pesticides here (which is mildly disturbing in and of itself), but didn't this year because it wasn't in the budget. i couldn't go outside in the evenings because i would get so many bites. very unfortunate.

My city sprays too, but this year also opted out for budget reasons. I hate being outside when they do spray, that truck sounds weird, and the haze of pesticide is probably not very safe to be around. It leaks into the house too, even if your windows are closed and smells like straight chemicals. This year was really bad for mosquitoes, since it rained so damn much in the spring. I know there was not an area of town where they did not find West Nile either, and I think an elderly man died from the virus not too long ago. They really need to do something to combat them, that is not spraying toxic fumes into the air.

we get a yearly plague of crickets in waco. fun for my cat, but not so much for us.

we have a screened in (but not winterized) back porch we spend a lot of time in during the warmer months, and we always seem to have a cricket somewhere on the porch chirping away for days that we can never find. it drives me bonkers.

I really don't mind spiders, except poison ones of course. Someone my buddy works with got bite by a brown recluse a few weeks ago, and they pretty much took his whole ass check off from the necrosis. Bad luck, since they are sort of rare around here. I have on idea how you Southerns or Australians can sleep at night with so many poisonous things in your area.

Here in FloriDUH!...most specifically south part...we get more lizards indoors than anything else. Rarely do we see a spider...although my brother claims to have found and killed a brown recluse. I think he may be wrong b/c they're super rare this far south. Roaches every so often maybe. In the cooler months...all two of them maybe...we see plenty of snails and earthworms outside, especially after it has rained.

Oh yeah...during the summer we see a lot of small toads. On any given night our front porch is a hangout for 4 or 5 of those suckers. They're not poisonous and scatter as soon as we walk by them. But they do leave their little turds behind which is worse than dealing with dog and cat shit.

they're are more bugs during summer, but they move indoors for the fall.

thats my problem.

spiders, and right now, fucking fruit flies!

i keep my sink clean, we don't keep food out, and i've even been bleaching my drains since they showed up but they won't go away!!

i always hate fall, cos there's always bugs in my apartment!

we moved into our new apartment in july....it was completely cleaned and completely renovated before we moved in, first people to walk on the carpet use the new cabinets, use the new toilets, ect. ect. ect. and have had an unstoppable fruit fly problem since we moved in....we're clean as shit too, nothing stays out, garbage can has a full lid, recyclables stay outside, the whole nine and can't get rid of these fuckers. Also, the roach problem is absolutely nuts, tons of baits, pest control sprays once a month, we have done everything....I hate that bug problems in apartment complexes have to do with neighbors just as much as you...

fuck some bugs.

and as for poisonous bugs in the south....it ain't that bad, not nearly as fucked as Australia.

I mean, i see a brown recluse every now and then....but they live up to their name, they don't come out often, so unless you're root around in dark places that don't get disturbed often without checking first, you usually don't have a problem with them. seen 2 black widows in my life, also easy to avoid, I've yet to see a rattlesnake out in the wild....but was informed by my former landlord a few weeks ago, that the last house we lived in (in Tuscaloosa, that was nearly destroyed by the tornado) had a 6-foot rattlesnake living in the backyard and saw at least 4 more smaller once in the wooded thicket at the end of the backyard...which we frequented often, to walk to target or work, or to hangout in. We lived there for 2 years without ever even hearing a rattle.

seen 3 cotton mouths in my entire life, all three swam away from me immediately. and have seen maybe 3 or 4 copperheads, all of which were easy to avoid as well.

ticks are to get rid of.

honestly, I'm far more bothered by the insane amount of mosquitoes in the south. I've known 1 person in my like that was bitten by a brown recluse...and 1 person that has died from Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever caused/spread by mosquito bites, unfortunately that kid lived 1 block away...which caused our neighborhood to freak out about mosquitoes a bit

again, Fuck Bugs, most definitely Fuck Mosquitoes

Living in a garden apartment, we're susceptible to all sorts of bugs which in the summer is usually the height of when we see them. When I lived in the South, the roaches were seriously ridiculous (and those are *my* arch nemesis). Thankfully I've not seen one in a really long time and I'd like it to be that way. I can deal with most bugs but those? I can't deal.

The most invasive bugs we get in vegas are roaches, crickets, and ants. We do have the occasional black widow and scorpion which fucking sucks!

My friends girl friend was getting ready for bed when she was stung by a scorpion and when she jumped out of bed to look for it she couldn't find it... until she looked down on her thigh and it was hanging on with its pinchers. Fuck. That.

The only thing that would be worse than a scorpion would be a scorpion mixed with a roach... Some kind of... Scorproach.