Fall Television

kriss

So what's everyone tuning into this season?

For me, it's the usual stuff like 30 Rock. My lady got me hooked onto New Girl (which is somewhat cornball but still a fairly fun way of wasting 22 minutes) and we've also been really enjoying Ringer (admittedly being complete Whedonites, we're part of the carry over audience from Buffy).

What about you guys?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we've also been really enjoying Ringer (admittedly being complete Whedonites, we're part of the carry over audience from Buffy).

YES. that show is pretty cheesy, though. ahaha. much love for SMG despite that!

i watched terra nova cuz who doesn't love dinosaurs? it was better than expected, but nothing great.

i watched person of interest cuz FUCK YEAH BEN LINUS and i was pretty meh about that. hopefully it will pick up.

i need to catch up on a lot of shows before i can start watching new seasons, which is quite annoying.

I keep hearing from folks how much I'd love both Dexter and Fringe but I just can't find the time to go back and watch several seasons worth to catch up - are these worth that exception?

When I was going through culinary school and I thought I knew everything (i.e. overblown arrogance albeit completely unearned and unnecessary), I used to watch Kitchen Nightmares quite alot. Nowadays for some reason, I can't watch food related shows because they stress me out too much - for me I can't separate the entertainment of it because it makes me think of how I need to start cracking on next week's menues for my clients.

oh and also - Walking Dead. Geeeeez am I excited for it. Alot of folks had issues with the first season, but I really enjoyed it (also a huge fan of the comics) - I'm a sucker for zombies in most any cinematic form, so having an ongoing weekly show (even with the unnecessary breaks this season will be taking with it for winter programming) with them as part of the premise is great.

I definitely agree on Ringer - it has that Italian Giallo feel to it. Really pulpy, dramatic and overwrought - but it has enough twists (some more predictable than others) that it's still really fun to watch. Of course, it'll probably get cancelled by the end of the season so the writers and show runner will have to re-tool the story arcs to make them fit. I hope I'm wrong.

Community, New Girl, 30 Rock, The Office, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Archer, The League, edit: Workaholics

missed all of last week's NBC stuff...a friend had an extra ticket to a David Bazan house show here in town, so I opted to see Bazan for free with 20 other people...are they up on like Hulu for free? I don't know how to do the torrents like the kids to steal the shows for free, but would like to watch 'em before tomorrow night

Community, New Girl, 30 Rock, The Office, It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, Archer, The League

missed all of last week's NBC stuff...a friend had an extra ticket to a David Bazan house show here in town, so I opted to see Bazan for free with 20 other people...are they up on like Hulu for free? I don't know how to do the torrents like the kids to steal the shows for free, but would like to watch 'em before tomorrow night

do yourself a favor and don't watch the office. if i watch another one it will ruin the entire series for me. it was that bad.

parks and rec was great though!

New Girl, Ringer, Hart of Dixie is OK so far. Sucks New Girl is on when Ringer is. I only catch the last half of Ringer and have new clue WTF is going on.

Apparently Ringer isn't doing as well the CW projected it could have due in part to it competing directly with New Girl (does anyone else keep wanting to put a The in front of the title?) and due to the heavy serial nature of the story arc even three episodes in, it's going to take alot of pull from a consistent base of viewers to keep it going as most first time viewers will tune out on account of not having a clue themselves as to what's going on.

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia (One of the best episodes last week)

Workaholics (LOL the whole time)

Boardwalk Empire (Only non-comedy I watch. So good first season and solid start to this season)

Parks And Recreation (Tom and Ron keep the show fresh, penis stuff last episode was great)

South Park (I think it starts October 5th)

The Office (Might give up on this show)

I keep hearing from folks how much I'd love both Dexter and Fringe but I just can't find the time to go back and watch several seasons worth to catch up - are these worth that exception?

ABSOLUTELY, YES. What do you prefer: psychological thrillers or sci-fi action? Watch Dexter first if you prefer the former and Fringe if you prefer the latter. At this point they'd both probably take the same amount of time to go back and watch all the previous episodes.

Pretty much the only things I'll be watching this fall are:

Fringe, Dexter and The Walking Dead. Nothing else has garnered my interest...

I've seen clips of Dexter and I've enjoyed them and certainly, Julie Benz (who played the vampire Darla on Buffy and Angel) acts as a big pull for me to watch since she's in the first several seasons right? I can go either way on sci-fi. I enjoy the newer seasons of Doctor Who but I'm not the hugest on stuff like Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica - does Fringe just have non stop action or is it more character driven? I like shows with longer running arcs and I'm not all that keen on monster of the week type of stuff - where would Fringe fall between these two?

I've seen clips of Dexter and I've enjoyed them and certainly, Julie Benz (who played the vampire Darla on Buffy and Angel) acts as a big pull for me to watch since she's in the first several seasons right? I can go either way on sci-fi. I enjoy the newer seasons of Doctor Who but I'm not the hugest on stuff like Star Trek and Battlestar Galactica - does Fringe just have non stop action or is it more character driven? I like shows with longer running arcs and I'm not all that keen on monster of the week type of stuff - where would Fringe fall between these two?

fringe is really, really character driven. moreso because of insane backstory and the like.

Sunny, Workaholics, Community, Parks and Rec, New Girl, and How I meet your Mother are awesome.

Terra Nova, CSI, and Revenge are my hour longs jams.

Can't wait till mid season for Alcatraz, Hurley I feel you bro.

oh yeah, Pan Am is a great way to end the weekend. It makes me remember back to a time when I could go to the gate to pick people up. Also the ladies are pretty.

How I Met Your Mother, Modern Family, New Girl. Thats about it.

The best fall television, however, is Alabama Football.

RMFT!!!

Hell yeah! Roll Tide, man. I am coming down in November and I'm going to the Georgia Southern game. (Cupcake game, i know) but i'm pretty excited to get out of here in the winter for a while.

fringe is really, really character driven. moreso because of insane backstory and the like.

Sold. I'll put it in the Netflix queue for sure.

RMFT!!!

Hell yeah! Roll Tide, man. I am coming down in November and I'm going to the Georgia Southern game. (Cupcake game, i know) but i'm pretty excited to get out of here in the winter for a while.

Fuck Yes, Killer show happening the night before the Tennessee game in T-Town...if by chance you stroll into town for that one

back on topic....Hulu just gave me the "You've been watching this non-stop for over 3 hours, do you want a break?" and I immediately burst out laughing....probably waking my girlfriend up...

For me, it's pretty much Archer, It's Always Sunny, and NBC Thursday nights, although it sucks that 30 Rock is midseason this year. That show in its place, Whitney, is fucking teeeeerrrrrrriiiibbblllllleeee

Also, the first few episodes of Up All Night have been pretty good. It's good to see Will Arnett in a non-jackass role.

shit, just realized i'm actually further behind on all the NBC shows than I thought, I didn't have power and then didn't have cable for the last 4 or 5 episodes of last season thanks to the Tornado

good to know that I didn't miss anything on the Office

The Office stayed strong through the end of last season and I'd recommend tracking it down, but I'm worried this season might turn into a "final season of Scrubs"-type show without Michael Scott.