Searching For A Former Clarity

mclz

AM! doesn't really have an album I don't like. I like this album, I liked it a lot when it came out, not one of my favorites....can't put my finger on certain songs and it's certainly not the tempo, but this album feels waaaay longer than 47 minutes to me...maybe it's the tracklisting doesn't flow well for me or something, just always felt like to long of a musical statement for these guys.

Problems should have totally been the closing track on this record and that kind of bothers me a lot that even on the total clarity record they didn't realize that it should have been the closer.

The order makes so much sense though. Stick Problems at the end and the whole story is out of whack. SFAFC is the end of the story. It's perfect.

Love everything about this album.

New Wave and White Crosses doesn't exist.

I used to live in a community with a bunch of folks - one of them loved Against Me! but no one would really get into them until New Wave came out. Something about that record changed the opinions of several folks who were all of a sudden touting them as their 'favorite band'.

'Oh you like Against Me's new record?'

'It's great! I've loved that band for years!'

Seems a large portion of the rest of the listening public caught the same bug.

SFAFC is one of my favorite albums ever.

You White Crosses haterz probably hate Pleased to Meet Me, too, because it doesn't sound anything like Sorry Ma Forgot to Take Out the Trash. New Wave and White Crosses are great major label rock records.

I love Pleased To Meet Me (I'm a minor Westerberg junkie anyway), but Sorry Ma is a stone classic that I've loved since I was 19. That record has been with me through a lot of stuff.

And now, back to AM!

To me this is their last album. I like it. New Wave and White Crosses doesn't exist.

man then you fucked up. White Crosses is fucking killer. seriously 100% jams.

Nay. Not interested in anything he has to sing about. A band with their politics sell out to a major label? Even had a DVD bout it! True story.