Smashing Pumpkins

519DAs7bo5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

eaf8e240.jpg?e=1341416688&authkey=1341416688_4770efdaaa6a01136f3839dec3eefefb

Preorders are up for July 17 delivery. Once again, Amazon is the cheapest way to go with free shipping.

Current prices:

2CD/DVD/Cassette Boxset $43.99 http://www.amazon.com/Pisces-Iscariot-Smashing-Pumpkins/dp/B0089LT97M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1341333719&sr=8-1&keywords=smashing+pumpkins+pisces

2LP $24.47 http://www.amazon.com/Pisces-Iscariot-Smashing-Pumpkins/dp/B00856NOJK/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1341333719&sr=8-6&keywords=smashing+pumpkins+pisces

A bit more expensive on SP's site. You can add an ugly shirt that looks like the demo cassette to your order, and all orders come with a digital download of the cassette, other than that there's no incentive.

So perhaps foolishly, I pre-ordered direct from the band this time - I had went the Amazon route for the last batch but figured they couldn't possibly have that massive a screw up a second time, right? And with shipping to get it here for release date, it actually worked out the cheaper route.

Anyways, I just got an e-mail that both the CD/DVD set and vinyl shipped today. Score! Still can't download the demo tracks until Tuesday, but that's not anything I haven't heard before.

(For the record, today was the last day they could guarantee arrival for release date delivery.)

My sister picked pisces up today as a nice suprise. Yeah, I'm a little disappointed that the cover isn't foil like the other two reissues, but the jackets are made from the same super heavy stock. They come with unused printed inner sleeves like the other reissues, and the sound quality is top notch. Can't wait for the reissue of mellon collie.

just like the other two, i ordered the CD box instead of the vinyl.

it came in today and i'm a giddy little fan fuck.

i'm watching the dvd right now.

it's awesome to finally see the basement show in it's entirety.

i have a feeling i'll be playing with this box a lot today.

sean - you're missing out. the vinyl sounds amazing. if you have the originals, sell those and buy these.

the only reason i have the originals is specifically to have the originals.

i've considered investing in the new represses but a little extra sound doesn't seem worth the cost.

i still hear the difference of the remasters on the new cds, plus i get all these other goodies.

True story: Last month I went to this fancy Smashing Pumpkins record release party on a boat. It sailed around the lake while the new album played and after the album was done Billy performed 5 SP songs solo. It was pretty damn cool I have to say. It was a perk of working for his pro-wrestling company.

it's awesome to finally see the basement show in it's entirety.

i have a feeling i'll be playing with this box a lot today.

For me, the basement show is the highlight of the whole set.

It is nice finally having the album on double LP, though. My original UK copy has never sounded great and the reissue is a *huge* step up, as far as I'm concerned.