Smashing Pumpkins

For me, the basement show is the highlight of the whole set.

It is nice finally having the album on double LP, though. My original UK copy has never sounded great and the reissue is a *huge* step up, as far as I'm concerned.

i'm really happy to have the tape, too.

i played it once today just for the novelty of it, but i doubt i'll ever play it again.

i have several copies of that EP lying around in other formats.

i actually have a 2xLP bootleg that has the whole demo tape on it a long with tons of other stuff.

me and the fam listened to the disc of bonus songs during dinner.

the old stuff has been remastered so well!

the old stuff has been remastered so well!

They did a really good job cleaning up the demo tape - I heard things in some of the tracks (like tamborine in "Sun"!) that I'd never heard before. The glitches in the provided digital files from the official site are a bit annoying, but I'm overall pleased with the tape.

The bonus disc sound is all over the place, though - "Purr Snickety" should NOT be so loud! A nice mix of stuff but not as overall impressive as the first two.

Popped the remaster back in today and gave it a listen. Noticed the vocal take on plume is not only completely different, but inferior to the origional. Anyone else point this out already? Sounds very lackluster and the "what a waste" line is gone.

Did they lose that track and make billy redo it for the release? Or is it from the original tapes? Either way I dont like it.

i do like the original, but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much. it does seem like less care went into the pisces reissue than the other two. there was such a drastic positive change in gish, and i expected something similar here, though it does sound good. the second disc sounds totally brickwalled though. i'm much more into these for the vinyl and the dvd though. i'm expecting the rest of the records to really have good second discs.

i do like the original, but for some reason it doesn't bother me as much. it does seem like less care went into the pisces reissue than the other two. there was such a drastic positive change in gish, and i expected something similar here, though it does sound good. the second disc sounds totally brickwalled though. i'm much more into these for the vinyl and the dvd though. i'm expecting the rest of the records to really have good second discs.

I'm really interested in what the bonus stuff for MCIS will be, considering most of it went on TAFH

hopefully some full versions of stuff from pastichio medley, considering theres like 30 or 40 songs there?

I'm really interested in what the bonus stuff for MCIS will be, considering most of it went on TAFH

hopefully some full versions of stuff from pastichio medley, considering theres like 30 or 40 songs there?

Yeah can't wait to see what they do. Billy mentioned wanting TAFH to be a vinyl box set originally like the Siamese Singles set, so perhaps that will happen this time around? I shudder to think about what that would do to my wallet.

Yeah can't wait to see what they do. Billy mentioned wanting TAFH to be a vinyl box set originally like the Siamese Singles set, so perhaps that will happen this time around? I shudder to think about what that would do to my wallet.

yeah, if it were to happen it would have to be a 12" box, instead of 7" like SS, unless he really wants to trim the fat, which would be a horrible idea.

i can imagine it being more of a 3xLP thing, one EP on each side if they want it to be affordable.

• 1 month later...