Smashing Pumpkins

Hmm.... I'm like 90% sure I remember Travis saying it was coming out during summer. I don't remember what thread it was but it was like 6 months ago he said it. Unless I'm wrong. Only Travis can confirm that I guess.

got a reply back from topspin after 1 day with all the necessarys. awesome!

if anyone else has lost their receipt, send Topspin a message with all the deets you have and they'll sort u out.

"The album is the Pumpkins' first major work with new drummer Mike Byrne, guitarist Jeff Schroeder and bassist Nicole Fiorentino, who all joined the group in the time since the Pumpkins' previous album, Zeitgeist, came out in 2007."

is BC the only remaining original member? I don't think i knew all that.

"The album is the Pumpkins' first major work with new drummer Mike Byrne, guitarist Jeff Schroeder and bassist Nicole Fiorentino, who all joined the group in the time since the Pumpkins' previous album, Zeitgeist, came out in 2007."

is BC the only remaining original member? I don't think i knew all that.

yeah, they have had an all new lineup since 2009, after jimmy quit.

(actually there guitar player now was with them for zeitgeist as well, so TECHNICALLY only nicole and mike are "new", but you get the idea)

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':rmjgpbu5]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':rmjgpbu5]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

James and Darcy never really brought anything unique to the band. Sure they were in the classic lineup, but this band has always been a Billy project, it doesn't matter who is behind him (other than Jimmy). Coincidentally, his song writing started to suck after James and Darcy weren't doing projects with him. But its all on Billy. Fuck James and Darcy.

as a gigantic smashing pumpkins fan, i don't understand why anyone is very excited about this, it will probably suck. james and d'arcy forever.

i can kind of understand why someone would think this way, but the live bootlegs i've heard are really good, so i'm pretty excited either way. Jimmy Chamberlin was a huge loss, but the new drummer is no slouch, not at all.

James and Darcy never really brought anything unique to the band. Sure they were in the classic lineup, but this band has always been a Billy project, it doesn't matter who is behind him (other than Jimmy). Coincidentally, his song writing started to suck after James and Darcy weren't doing projects with him. But its all on Billy. Fuck James and Darcy.

oh yeah and this too.

oh yeah and this too.

if you watch the "if all goes wrong" dvd, theres an interview with billy about how important james was to the song writing process of early material.

james wrote a lot of awesome riffs, like soma and mayonaise.

for a long time billy wouldn't play these songs live with the new line up because he felt they were "james' songs".

I always thought James brought a lot to the table though minor enough to never get much credit. Jimmy is an amazing drummer weird that he is not part of the band anymore just look at the change of direction from melon collie to adore I always felt it was due to him being in prison more keyboards and string arrangements and a loss of the classic rock and rythm base.

james was great but his leads weren't always so hot (as evidenced in a lot of the lead work on mellon collie - great album, but when corgan stepped back and let iha handle the lead work, you could really tell). jimmy is irreplaceable but i thought matt walker (filter) did a great job during his stint with them in the mellon collie touring days. i saw them acoustic at a mall during the adore days with jimmy back behind drums but with the chick from hole replacing d'arcy and all at once realized that the greatest contribution d'arcy ever made to the band was probably leaving. she was about as musical as my foot.

excited but apprehensive about new pumpkins stuff. never got super into machina and the ep after was worse. we'll see what corgan does.

i saw them acoustic at a mall during the adore days with jimmy back behind drums but with the chick from hole replacing d'arcy and all at once realized that the greatest contribution d'arcy ever made to the band was probably leaving. she was about as musical as my foot.

this was after machina came out.

adore was just billy, james and darcy. and (at first) matt, and then some bald guy who's name i can't remember.

jimmy didn't rejoin until the arising! tour in late 1999 which consisted of mostly early renditions of machina material.

jimmy, darcy and james went on to record machina, but darcy left before the tour, and was replaced by melissa.

i'm definitely in for P.I, Melon Collie, and Machina.

The new stuff is awful IMO. He never should've revived the Pumpkins

I think he only did it so they can play old Pumpkins stuff.

I liked Zwan, but there were probably creative differences (SURPRISE SURPRISE).

Semi-interested in the new stuff, definitely ineterested in Pisces.