Smashing Pumpkins

The remastered Gish LP made me tear up a little. I expect weeping with Mellon Collie, considering I've never owned it on vinyl previously. Still curious what Billy will do about the vinyl track order. Also curious what he will do with the vinyl version of Adore. The original is mono.

there's also a preorder for the vinyl, to be released on december 3rd:

http://www.amazon.de...48605330&sr=8-7

just 115,99 €

'

Interesting in that they list it as a 4LP (Anzahl Disks/Tonträger: 4) which if that holds, would mean that we'd be getting some extra bonus tracks on vinyl, which have not come on the Gish, SD or PI releases thus far....let's hope that is true.

The remastered Gish LP made me tear up a little. I expect weeping with Mellon Collie, considering I've never owned it on vinyl previously. Still curious what Billy will do about the vinyl track order. Also curious what he will do with the vinyl version of Adore. The original is mono.

I have a boot copy (red) of mellon collie and the order is WAY different...but honestly brilliant in comparison to the original CD, Tape version....I guess its time to sell my boot copy!!! if any one is interested in it (doubtful) but PM me....I also found a copy of Mellon Collie on TAPE the other day for $3 and its sealed!!!! scored on that....

Id be happy if they stick with the vinyl setup for the tracklist ....its the best IMO

The OP is pretty cheap packaging IMO. Sleeve is thin.

I really like these tip on sleeves for the reissues. thats going to be difficult for a 4 LP 180g release. Thats why I wouldn't be surprised if they make the packaging a bit nicer. Plus it gives them more reason to jack the price. I'm not gonna be surprised if this thing does cost $100+. People want this so bad so they could charge a shit load and fans will pay it.

The OP is pretty cheap packaging IMO. Sleeve is thin.

I really like these tip on sleeves for the reissues. thats going to be difficult for a 4 LP 180g release. Thats why I wouldn't be surprised if they make the packaging a bit nicer. Plus it gives them more reason to jack the price. I'm not gonna be surprised if this thing does cost $100+. People want this so bad so they could charge a shit load and fans will pay it.

Yeah sadly I would.

Praying for no bonus tracks on the Mellon Collie reissue, unless they are the original vinyl bonuses. Vinyl is more of a canonical thing for me and I've really appreciated the lack of bonus tracks on the past vinyl reissues. I'm prepared to spend $100 plus on whatever is involved in this reissue, assuming that includes whatever they do for The Aeroplane singles.

Praying for no bonus tracks on the Mellon Collie reissue, unless they are the original vinyl bonuses. Vinyl is more of a canonical thing for me and I've really appreciated the lack of bonus tracks on the past vinyl reissues. I'm prepared to spend $100 plus on whatever is involved in this reissue, assuming that includes whatever they do for The Aeroplane singles.

i agree with this in the fact that i didn't want the extra gish or siamese dream cds that came in the boxsets on vinyl. way too much stuff i wasn't going to listen to in one setting but it's cool to have the tracks. i'd be more than happy if they just released the same track listing as the original vinyl, as i think that track order is far superior than the cds. though, seeing 4LP listing makes me think it's the CD track listing. (Each CD on two LP's, cause they album is that long). Though there's a lot of studio Mellon Collie songs that I wouldn't mind having on vinyl that haven't really seen the light of day. If they're good, standalone songs, I'm all for it. If they're demos and live versions, leave em off.

i agree with this in the fact that i didn't want the extra gish or siamese dream cds that came in the boxsets on vinyl. way too much stuff i wasn't going to listen to in one setting but it's cool to have the tracks. i'd be more than happy if they just released the same track listing as the original vinyl, as i think that track order is far superior than the cds. though, seeing 4LP listing makes me think it's the CD track listing. (Each CD on two LP's, cause they album is that long). Though there's a lot of studio Mellon Collie songs that I wouldn't mind having on vinyl that haven't really seen the light of day. If they're good, standalone songs, I'm all for it. If they're demos and live versions, leave em off.

Well said. I'd be down for a few of the great obscure studio Mellon Collie tracks as well.

This Twitter update from Billy could explain the potential shift from the original 3LP to the rumored 4LP:

https://twitter.com/Billy/status/249350691401900032

"@famannn some of the Pastichio medley songs do appear in full on upcoming MCIS boxset. Saw artwork/package 2 days ago, was blown away"

Sweet!

I would be very surprised if 'Mellon Collie' ends up being a 4xLP. 'Pisces Iscariot' was a bit long for a single LP and really benefitted from the expansion to 2xLP, - my black UK copy has always sounded kind of terrible, mostly due to it all being squashed on two sides - whereas 'Mellon Collie' fits perfectly on to 3 LPs. Given what the vinyl reissues have looked like so far and that these pre-orders are up before any official announcement have been made - 'Pisces' wasn't initially announced as a double on some sites, including the official site - I would bet on a triple LP with the original vinyl running order.

This Twitter update from Billy could explain the potential shift from the original 3LP to the rumored 4LP:

https://twitter.com/...350691401900032

"@famannn some of the Pastichio medley songs do appear in full on upcoming MCIS boxset. Saw artwork/package 2 days ago, was blown away"

Sweet!

i think he's referring to the cd boxset, not the LP reissue.