Smashing Pumpkins

It mean you missed it. The price went back up.

the item is completely missing from amazon.ca now. i've had this happen before where they sold an item ridiculously cheap, and it was worth it to them to delete it from the inventory, cancel everyone's orders, and not offer it under that item number. that way it gets them out of the "preorder price guarentee" since technically it's a different item. time will tell. my order still stands.

Got an email today on my phone from Amazon.ca. Subject was "Bought with Smashing Pumpkins..." and I for sure thought it was going to be a cancellation since I got the super cheap price. Turned out just an email trying upsell some other records. I almost did too.

I got the same email. I almost had a heart attack.

For those worried about receiving an email regarding a price error, the subject will be your order number and the body will be something like this:

"Hello from Amazon.ca.

I'm very sorry that your item "Adobe Premiere Elements 8" has been cancelled.

We sincerely regret the error that resulted in an incorrect price being displayed for the "Adobe Premiere Elements 8" & "Adobe Photoshop & Premiere Elements 8".

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We do, however, verify prices as part of our shipping procedures. If an item's correct price is lower than our stated price, we charge the lower amount and ship you the item."

This is the one and only time I've had this happen with amazon. This is from 2009. They listed the items at about 25% of MSRP and cancelled my order 5 days later.

It's been over a week since the price dropped to $26.99 for a day. Maybe we'll get lucky with this one...