Black Friday 2011 Releases

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go here:

http://vvinyl.com/s/black_friday/

They have a few items not on the "official" list from the RSD folks, which makes things like this really confusing.

311 Grassroots on Green Vinyl (1000 copies)

Umphrey McGee 2LP Live Album

Craig Finn 7" is listed

Just wonder how much more stuff will be added after the fact.

Also, here is the PJ20 Black Friday listing from Diskunion.net, which has all the other BF items, lending more creedence that PJ20 is going to be announced tomorrow for the UK Black Friday releases:

http://diskunion.net/rock/ct/detail/04IA28251 (PJ20)

http://diskunion.net/rock/ct/news/article/9/25589 (all other releases)

Hey Scott on the offchance that you can actually see me, are those prices MSRP or what the stores have to pay to get it in stock? 2.99 sounds prettty low for a Ryan Adams 7"

It says SLP, or Suggested List Price, which is more or less the same as MSRP. Doesn't mean stores won't jack it up.

Was really going to consider the Nirvana box set and the Syd Barrett 7" until I saw the ridiculous prices. Fuck this nonsense.

This along with the Miles Davis 10". Knowing my store too, both box sets will be at least ten more dollars than they say in this thread

Seriously. I have a local store that gouges as well. If they charge more than retail, email someone on the RSD site as that kind of shit is frowned upon.

This along with the Miles Davis 10". Knowing my store too, both box sets will be at least ten more dollars than they say in this thread

Seriously. I have a local store that gouges as well. If they charge more than retail, email someone on the RSD site as that kind of shit is frowned upon.

I will do this if they do.

report stores that sell things online before the specified date too. whether it's a pre-order type thing or they call it something different. everything is suppose to be 1 per customer and first come first serve at the store starting on the specified date. I already see a few stores taking pre-orders online.

it's worth a shot reporting fucked up stores to the RSD people, because they do listen and take it seriously rather than just brushing it off. but ultimately all i think it does is get the stores removed from the "official" RSD list, as i doubt a supplier/distro will be willing to lose business and cut off a particular store from getting certain releases.

report stores that sell things online before the specified date too. whether it's a pre-order type thing or they call it something different. everything is suppose to be 1 per customer and first come first serve at the store starting on the specified date. I already see a few stores taking pre-orders online.

it's worth a shot reporting fucked up stores to the RSD people, because they do listen and take it seriously rather than just brushing it off. but ultimately all i think it does is get the stores removed from the "official" RSD list, as i doubt a supplier/distro will be willing to lose business and cut off a particular store from getting certain releases.

For sure dude, I hear you on all this. A shop in my area (and a few in the surrounding area) sold things on eBay at inflated prices rather than selling the stuff in the store (he even listed on eBay before RSD).

RSD is a huge, annoying cluster fuck as well as a cash grab but most of us already know this.