Everything about Fest is awesome except...

if you can't handle smoke for a few hours you probably shouldn't go.

No. Why am I supposed to lock myself away in my apartment because other people wish to affect the health of those around them? That's completely ass-backwards. I need to alter MY behavior because someone else wants to do something that is utterly repulsive and vile and over time will kill them and those around them? Fuck that.

Proud whiner who prefers to not inhale poison.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i smoke and i don't even know why you would want to smoke anywhere indoors. it's not even that i give a shit about other people inhaling second hand smoke. i am a big fan of 21+ reentry, get some fresh air and smoke then.

This.

I didn't create the thread to whine. Created the thread to just gauge if other people feel the same way I do. People shouldn't have to get physically sick when they go to shows. Its not just a fact of life either. I feel like its also contributing factor to this "Fest AIDS" business.

By the way car fumes while harmful are spread outdoors. I think people who smoke should go relax and do it outside. Its not too much to ask.

And another thing: it should be up to an establishment's proprietor to decide whether he/she wants to allow smoking or not. It should not be up to the state to mandate something that people are legally and freely allow to choose. Then, people can decide what business they want to patronize. If enough non-smokers decide to not go to a club/bar/venue, perhaps it will change the establishments policy.

I've never seen a smoker blow smoke directly into your face, in fact, I see most smokers blow their smoke either up or down. I really have no idea what this "in your face" business is.

I don't even smoke and I think this is being blown way out of proportion. Wear a respirator if you're that picky.

if you can't handle smoke for a few hours you probably shouldn't go.

No. Why am I supposed to lock myself away in my apartment because other people wish to affect the health of those around them? That's completely ass-backwards. I need to alter MY behavior because someone else wants to do something that is utterly repulsive and vile and over time will kill them and those around them? Fuck that.

Proud whiner who prefers to not inhale poison.

you shouldn't have to lock yourself away, just as someone who prefers to smoke indoors where it's ok to do so shouldn't have to walk outside to smoke. if someone is smoking in a place where it's perfectly ok to smoke indoors, then you have no say in the matter. you can either deal with it or not go to said club/bar. you can have your opinions about it but it's not gonna make a difference depending on the law. and this is coming from someone who prefers non-smoking clubs.

your also making assumptions about killing themselves or others smoking. not everyone who smokes or is around smoke dies from it. just like people who drink a lot don't always die from it. it's all genetics when it comes down to it. it's never absolute. you can smoke till your 98 and without any hint of breathing problems or you can be 24 with lung cancer and never smoked a cigarette in your life. its all in the cards you're dealt.

I've never seen a smoker blow smoke directly into your face, in fact, I see most smokers blow their smoke either up or down. I really have no idea what this "in your face" business is.

I don't even smoke and I think this is being blown way out of proportion. Wear a respirator if you're that picky.

I don't think anyone is saying a smoker will stand in someone's face and blow smoke. However in a crowded venue and even outside on line for a show people smoke inadvertently gets in me and my wife's face. No one said it's intentional, but it happens all the time. It's not about being picky.

your also making assumptions about killing themselves or others smoking. not everyone who smokes or is around smoke dies from it. just like people who drink a lot don't always die from it. it's all genetics when it comes down to it. it's never absolute. you can smoke till your 98 and without any hint of breathing problems or you can be 24 with lung cancer and never smoked a cigarette in your life. its all in the cards you're dealt.

It's medically proven a smoker is most likely going to get lung cancer and/or live a shorter life. Just like drinking kills your liver and eating like shit leads to a multitude of health issues. Sure it doesn't happen to everyone but most people are negatively affected by these poor choices. Let's not dispute the obvious people.

I don't think anyone is saying a smoker will stand in someone's face and blow smoke. However in a crowded venue and even outside on line for a show people smoke inadvertently gets in me and my wife's face. No one said it's intentional, but it happens all the time. It's not about being picky.

It's medically proven a smoker is most likely going to get lung cancer and/or live a shorter life. Just like drinking kills your liver and eating like shit leads to a multitude of health issues. Sure it doesn't happen to everyone but most people are negatively affected by these poor choices. Let's not dispute the obvious people.

did you know blowing smoke in a persons face means you want to have sex? well if it's the opposite sex at least..

the key word is most likely. of course there is risk. and it's probable, but its not absolute. that's all i was trying to say. if you say something will lead to death you're assuming . if you say "something may lead to death, thats a probability. just going on words here.

did you know blowing smoke in a persons face means you want to have sex? well if it's the opposite sex at least..

the key word is most likely. of course there is risk. and it's probable, but its not absolute. that's all i was trying to say. if you say something will lead to death you're assuming . if you say "something may lead to death, thats a probability. just going on words here.

Hey man if smoke in my face means sex I've been missing out! Why didn't you tell me? ;)

Nah I know what you're saying man. People survive a car flipping at 120 mph so you're right its not always absolute. Don't worry I wasn't getting all twisted about what you said.

I am saying I like the way it is in NYC. People hardly complain about the ban. I don't like smoke though, that I'm firm about. It's the only thing I appreciate from Mayor Bloomturd :P

See was can haz civil conversation? ;D

I live in Ontario Canada and the government banned smoking indoors about 10 years ago. Even when I did smoke, and we could smoke inside, I usually preferred to go outside. I can't say I miss the mornings after a show/going out to a bar when you take a shower and all you can smell is the smoke washing out of your hair and off of your skin.

yankees

ha. Even though Florida is where most people from Jew Jersey *[edit] go to die, it's still the south. Whiney yankees probably want thorough car inspections or an effective department of child services too. Be sure to take a bag of oranges for the trip back to Canuckistan, comrade.

I work in biomedical research. Specifically studying the affects of cigarette smoke on lung tissue (cancer, COPD). I can tell you dudes that smoking will be banned indoors across the country sooner than you think. We know second hand smoke is bad, but now we know that one cigarette starts the chain reactions of lung degradation. It's real scary.