VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

"Told ya so" says the guy that took one of two possible sides.

We probably won't know until some behind-the-scenes dvd comes out, and who cares, but I think they wanted Batista to be a face (why else would he have cut a "i like you and your local sports team" promo during a commercial break?), but they underestimated how much the crowd would be behind Bryan. The rumble finish fucked the plans up.  Since then we've seen a decent build to what we now know as the Mania event.

who knows/cares what happened? If Bryan had won in the Rumble match, then we wouldn't have gotten the Occupy Raw segment. That segment may have started off cheesy, but that will probably go down as his Beer Truck moment. HHH and Stephanie played fucking super-heels and it was awesome. 

on that note, it's a funny thing to think about how much things have changed from the Attitude Era:

A moment that will go down in history: Stone Cold spraying his boss with beer from a truck he drove down to the ring.

A moment that will go down in history: Daniel Bryan having a non-violent protest with a bunch of happy fans in the middle of the ring.

The "fans" were crew members and members of the WWE staff,lame. Almost as lame as the L.E.D lantern that Wyatt uses.

You do know that Vince knew Austin was going to drive  truck down and spray him with beer through the hose right? Why does one segment get shit on for not being real, when the other is just as fake?  No shit they wont put 200 random fans over the barrier and into the ring like that, they wouldnt be able to make sure they would clear out after the segment was over.

You do know that Vince knew Austin was going to drive truck down and spray him with beer through the hose right? Why does one segment get shit on for not being real, when the other is just as fake? No shit they wont put 200 random fans over the barrier and into the ring like that, they wouldnt be able to make sure they would clear out after the segment was over.

Thank you for having common sense

Have you recently suffered a horrifying defeat by getting stuffed into a casket and suffocating at the hands of your own kin?

Have you been locked in a freezer and left to die?

Buried alive in concrete?

Thrown off a second story balcony while in a wheelchair??

As your situation changes, so do your insurance needs!

Im sure he offers dental insurance.

Tried watching TUNA last night. I very rarely do this. Is it catching on? Small crowd and terrible bits but they do have some excellent wrestlers in the stable. Curious to hear an assessment from someone who is more in the know.

You pretty much nailed it. Good athletes, terrible booking, storylines, crowds, etc. i feel bad for guys like Samoa Joe, Bobby Roode, Christopher Daniels, and Kaz who probably won't get a chance to shine on the bigger stage of WWE.

TNA has done a lot of dumb things, but getting rid of the 6 sided ring has got to be up there. That was the reason I started watching it years ago. And, it is definitely a shame that most of those guys won't get to WWE. AJ Styles is another guy that I really enjoy watching. Did you guys see that they let Jeff Hardy debut one of his old OMEGA gimmicks on TNA programming? Didn't see the match, but the promo was really goofy.

Yeah, i can't believe TNA didn't re-sign AJ. It'd be like WWE letting Cena or Orton walk. Obviously, AJ isn't as big a star, but he was TNA to many people.

i did see the Hardy/Willow character. i'm all for changing up a stale older character, but it seems pretty extreme. And his costume is really cheap looking.

And i miss the six-sided ring, too.