VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

My predictions:

-Roman Reigns (after realizing the Shield has crossed him and joined sides with Real Estate Kane) via the My Superman Punch is greater than the recent Superman remake

-Usos retain via the "my girl is on Total Divas" slam while Zeb makes WM30 worth watching

-Ziggler because I never vote against him... He's gonna win via the Andre the Giant Ass Shake... the 28 others will dismantle Big Show. And then Ziggler will leave with EVERYONE's Girlfriend/

-Bray Wyatt via the My Hawaiian Shirt doesn't have Neon Colors Exorcist Walk into a Sister Abigail. If Cena wins, we complain online.

-Undertaker because Undertaker. Hopefully this becomes a no DQ.

-Daniel Brian via DQ, causing Trips to justify putting himself into the last match of the night... Leading to

-CM PUNK... because WM XXX (straight edge!).... but in reality, it has to be D Bry with the Yes chant of a lifetime. Trips, Bootista and Orton will all measure each others egos long enought for a running knee on all three, leading to a yeslock for the victory.

But seriously, how badass would it be if Punk came in and pipe bombed mania???

i agree, Taker/Lesnar would work well as a no DQ. i mean, even if it's not billed as such, i'm sure someone is going through a table/barricade/etc. either with a ref bump or a "let them fight" type of attitude.

And yes, i am hoping CM Punk returns at 'Mania. i can see the main event being an overbooked match like the old Attitude Era main events. Kane, NAO, the Shield, CM Punk, the Rhodes Brothers, Big Show? All could get involved at some point and it would make sense.

i agree, Taker/Lesnar would work well as a no DQ. i mean, even if it's not billed as such, i'm sure someone is going through a table/barricade/etc. either with a ref bump or a "let them fight" type of attitude.

And yes, i am hoping CM Punk returns at 'Mania. i can see the main event being an overbooked match like the old Attitude Era main events. Kane, NAO, the Shield, CM Punk, the Rhodes Brothers, Big Show? All could get involved at some point and it would make sense.

That's what's best for business!

I'm not going to be disappointed when CM Punk doesn't return at Wrestlemania, albeit it would be awesome. I see D-Bry beating Triple H in their fight and when Bryan is juuuust about to win the title, Triple H interferes and forces the ref to count 1-2-3 as he's pinning Bryan for the title

Even though i'd hate for Triple H to have another title reign, the inner troll in me wants to see the reaction that would get.

i finally signed up for the Network last night. It rules.

I'm gonna have a stream on deck in case the network flops during mania.

Same here. Someone mentioned that they should have done a "stress test" of the Network before Mania, and I totally agree. I hope it doesn't flop because I'd love to watch Mania in HD, but there's going to be A LOT of people on there waiting for it.

Same here. Someone mentioned that they should have done a "stress test" of the Network before Mania, and I totally agree. I hope it doesn't flop because I'd love to watch Mania in HD, but there's going to be A LOT of people on there waiting for it.

Yeah, i'm not sure why they didn't try to launch it before Elimination Chamber or tried to run a special Saturday Night's Main Event or other one-off PPV-type show. Pretty gutsy to have the first live PPV be 'Mania, but Vince McMahon has grapefruits, as we've been reminded many times over the years.

Hopefully someone here can help me out. i tried watching the Network on a laptop last night (i have been using the Kindle to watch and it works great) and every video said "Media not available" in Firefox. Anyone else have this issue? What did you do to fix it?

Hopefully someone here can help me out. i tried watching the Network on a laptop last night (i have been using the Kindle to watch and it works great) and every video said "Media not available" in Firefox. Anyone else have this issue? What did you do to fix it?

I couldn't ever get it to work in Firefox either. Chrome or Safari seems to work fine though.

I couldn't ever get it to work in Firefox either. Chrome or Safari seems to work fine though.

I hadn't tried Firefox, but was having an issue with Chrome.

Using Safari worked fine for me.

I posted previously I got a real good ticket for Mania. I'm debating about doing everything in the city this weekend. It's just so damn pricey. General admission tickets to Axxess are $50. I got tickets to Raw already comped because I'm taking participants from my work. Hall of Fame is something I want to do, but it seems like only $100 tickets are left. I might have to go by the arena and see if there's any cheaper ones available. 

Jim Ross did a one-man talk tonight at the HOB here. It was my girl's birthday dinner so I couldn't go but that would've been cool.

Truthfully, there are so many non-WWE events happening this weekend in NOLA, it's a little crazy:

ROH show
Jim Ross one-man-show
Wrestlecon
Mid South Legends Fanfest
Kevin Nash is hosting a dinner Q&A with a bunch of old codgers. 
ETC

I hear next year WWE might try to limit the amount of activities that can be booked around the time of WM. But, still, NOLA is a poor city. We're tourist/service industry driven and the cost of living doesn't compensate for the low salaries of professionals. So the reason Wrestlemania hasn't sold out isn't the card. Tickets went on sale last November before anybody knew anything. No WWE event sells out here before the day of. I'm a little surprised this hasn't. But I got my Row A tickets, seat 1 in 102R a week ago. 

All that to say: I'm excited about seeing Hogan in person and seeing Undertaker beat Lesnar, even at his old age. 

A.) There is no way Usos are losing their titles already.

B.) Punk's not coming back

C.) There are two certainties with the WWE. And they're both to not look into house show match ups and don't read into PPV posters.

To counter all that negativity I'm actually really excited for Mania!

Okay guys, I'm stuck at work and just signed up for the Network. Give me some suggestions of what to watch. 

i watched last night's NXT (the women's match and the main event are decent), Backlash 2000's main event (that pop for Austin when he finally shows), Judgment Day 2000's main event (Undertaker debuts as Bikertaker), and Judgment Day 2004 (JBL/Eddie Guerrero in a bloodbath). Other than that, Wrestlewar 1992 (i think?) for the war games match with Sting, Austin, Steamboat, Arn Anderson etc., Wrestlemania X-7, or ECW One Night Stand are all good choices.

Okay guys, I'm stuck at work and just signed up for the Network. Give me some suggestions of what to watch. 

Definitely get into NXT. They have some fantastic matches each week. If you haven't seen the Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro matches, then you need to watch those ASAP. You won't regret it.

Yeah? Good call. I'll try that out after I finish Elimination chamber. Also, i saw you're looking for 45 rpm club 7". They just put both up for sale on the 45 rpm club site. You a member? 

Definitely get into NXT. They have some fantastic matches each week. If you haven't seen the Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro matches, then you need to watch those ASAP. You won't regret it.

Absolutely watch the zayne cesaro matches.. Three times over.

Best thing about the network is that recommendations really aren't necessary.

Do you guys think Austin is actually going to have an important role this weekend, or is he just going to pop in and say something like, "Austin 3:16 says Yes! Yes! Yes!"? It would be incredible if he reffed the Triple H/Bryan match. Also, does anyone think there is any chance of the battle royal coming down to Goldust and Cody? I'd be interested to see how that played out.