VC Official Pro Wrestling Thread

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/628670-behind-the-ropes-wrestling-stories-and-backstage-fights-in-wrestling/page/2

I love the behind the scenes stories of wrestling. I was thinking back to the Arn Anderson vs Sid story in the "Broken Leg" thread and figured I'd post this. Great read. I was a huge Arn Anderson fan. The Four Horsemen in general were among my favorites. The Sid story is so damn baffling it's hard to get your head around how he was never in jail. Bruiser Brody is Legend. The Dynamite Kid vs Rougeau is one I grew up eating every second of. 

On a side note how insane is the image of the Dynamite Kid these days? I suppose it common sense should have told us all that flying headbutts were bad for your spine but Jesus. 

Enjoy the read. Share your favorites from today or the past. Love a good locker room feud. 

This is why i love the Bleacher Report: "Legends in their own right however both men would go onto have one of the most deadliest confrontations in the history of Wrestling (key word one of!) as both me tried to impale one another with a pair of scissors."

"Source Wikipedia."

I think I'm going to skip the EC PPV. It doesnt look too promising

If they don't put Sheamus/Cena/Ryback v. the Shield in the Chamber, they are missing a big opportunity. i would like to see Punk/Rock again, but it's disappointing knowing the outcome before the match even happens. i'm thinking that the Smackdown Chamber match will be good, but i am a mark for the match type, so i'm certainly biased. 

If they don't put Sheamus/Cena/Ryback v. the Shield in the Chamber, they are missing a big opportunity. i would like to see Punk/Rock again, but it's disappointing knowing the outcome before the match even happens. i'm thinking that the Smackdown Chamber match will be good, but i am a mark for the match type, so i'm certainly biased. 

I think they eluded to this happening on some after show WWE.com/tout/WWE app vignette. 

I think they eluded to this happening on some after show WWE.com/tout/WWE app vignette. 

Yeah, they confirmed that the match was happening, but as of right now, it's just a 6-man tag, not a Chamber match.

Just realized this page exists haha, and I'm not reading 146 pages.

Anyone going to Mania? I just pulled the trigger on upper level tickets. More than I wanted to spend, but come'on....its Mania

i'm going.. section 126, facing the entrance. can. not. wait.

also have tickets for the ROH show in nyc that friday night. and we certainly plan on attending some axxess festivities.

i forget who else said they're going, but scott is also.

i'm going.. section 126, facing the entrance. can. not. wait.

also have tickets for the ROH show in nyc that friday night. and we certainly plan on attending some axxess festivities.

i forget who else said they're going, but scott is also.

Thats awesome. The day preorder went up I had tickets in my cart for that section but at that point I didnt want to pay $200 a ticket. Figured more would go up when the regular sale started. 

Long story short ended up paying like $160 a tic up in section 318. Not bad price when compared to what most are going for now. But obviously I would rather be in your spot.

I wouldn't be so quick to write off the sheild.  If they keep it a straight up 6 man tag, then they can have a member of the shield pin ryback or sahaemus.  That way moving forward the shield look strong and they protect Cena.  Although I highly doubt they'll do this, and they'll probably go with a Super Cena ending, but even still, it could happen.

But there is space on the card for a heel win.  You've got faces retaining their titles, so there is a window that The Shield win (with Cena still looking strong because he is not the one who is pinned).  Just like how in The Shields match at TLC they won without pinning Ryback (pinned Bryan), making The Shield look strong and protecting Ryback as an unbeatable beast.

The Shield are a hot commodity right now, so you'd believe they'd want to keep them that way going into Mania.  Also remember that most people did not think Ziggler would retain his MiTB briefcase at TLC and he did.  So again, I wouldn't mail in the Cean victory just yet.  There are options to keep Cena looking strong.

Yeah, i agree with Crime. i think that they will keep the Shield strong and continue the "Cena's year of struggle" thread they've been following. Of course, he won the Rumble, but before that, he hasn't won on PPV in awhile. i think it would be more compelling if Cena goes into his match against Rock with a year of mediocrity on his shoulders, which, combined with the fact that he lost to the Rock last year, should make for a more satisfying victory when he finally does win the title at Mania.