Drive Soundtrack?

Also, just go on ebay and search Tyler Stout and check out some of the prices for his posters. This guy is probably the hottest name right now in the movie/concert poster print business. Ill bet people who dont even own a turntable will buy this album strictly for the fact that its most likely going to be a limited piece of Stout artwork.

well fuck....

Yeah, but if they do a run of 1000, im sure youll be able to get a copy as long as youre online as soon as the onsale hits.

I think they will press enough of these that if i miss out on the Stout version, i can still get this one. I'll wait.

Im willing to bet there are plenty of Americans like myself waiting for the Mondo release instead. Plus when youre not willing to release pressing numbers, it leaves the doors open for a re-press if stock gets low.

My concern is that Mondo doesn't seem to give a fuck if people who want their products are able to get them. I have no reason to expect they will press "enough" of these. So I'm with you guys in hoping that I can get their press, but I really doubt I'll be able to get it. I went to the Mondo website one minute after they tweeted their most recent poster had gone up, and I was still unable to get it. Yet thirty of them went up on ebay that day.

What I'm really hoping is that if (when) I strike out with the Mondo pressing, the other pressing is still available. I'd hate to miss out completely because these guys press 300 or whatever.

My concern is that Mondo doesn't seem to give a fuck if people who want their products are able to get them. I have no reason to expect they will press "enough" of these. So I'm with you guys in hoping that I can get their press, but I really doubt I'll be able to get it. I went to the Mondo website one minute after they tweeted their most recent poster had gone up, and I was still unable to get it. Yet thirty of them went up on ebay that day.

What I'm really hoping is that if (when) I strike out with the Mondo pressing, the other pressing is still available. I'd hate to miss out completely because these guys press 300 or whatever.

FYI, I hear the loyal Mondo poster freaks get to the posters before they post the onsale via their twitter. Just gotta learn the tricks of the trade. If your really nervous, just buy one now from Invada. Personally, Ill risk going after the Mondo release instead then just pony up the cash on discogs or ebay for the invada release if I strike out.

Click the link to the article posted here a couple of days ago. The reason Mondo is so fashionable these days is because of the limited nature of their items. If they just flooded the market with movie posters, they wouldnt have the same success that they have.

Click the link to the article posted here a couple of days ago. The reason Mondo is so fashionable these days is because of the limited nature of their items. If they just flooded the market with movie posters, they wouldnt have the same success that they have.

I've read the article. I get that their trendiness and selling out of small runs of posters is viewed by many as success. But I just don't see it that way. Cool, your posters get flipped for tons of money. But lots of people who want your stuff get left out in the cold.

I understand that the limited amounts drive up demand, but as a record collector I mean, this is a perfect parallel. It would be like selling only 500 copies of the new Hot Water Music record. "Oh man, they're so successful!" Yeah, but how many fans wouldn't get the record if they did that?

This should all be taken with a grain of salt as it is coming from someone who would kill for the Olly Moss Star Wars posters they dropped a while back.

I've read the article. I get that their trendiness and selling out of small runs of posters is viewed by many as success. But I just don't see it that way. Cool, your posters get flipped for tons of money. But lots of people who want your stuff get left out in the cold.

I understand that the limited amounts drive up demand, but as a record collector I mean, this is a perfect parallel. It would be like selling only 500 copies of the new Hot Water Music record. "Oh man, they're so successful!" Yeah, but how many fans wouldn't get the record if they did that?

This should all be taken with a grain of salt as it is coming from someone who would kill for the Olly Moss Star Wars posters they dropped a while back.

yeah someone on eBay unloaded the set of those Moss prints for over 3 grand. bidding started at .99 too. they won't start mass printing things for awhile if ever.

Point is if they did big enough runs to satisfy all of their fans, their success wouldnt last because people like to collect things of limited numbers.

they only press limited amounts of posters because that's what the movie studios allow them to print in terms of licensing. That is why some poster have a low count and some high (like the tyler stout star trek II posters; they printed 640 i think?)

Do I wish there was a better way to purchase them? Yes. I'm just hoping with the vinyl it will be different. I have a feeling they'll press a good number.

they only press limited amounts of posters because that's what the movie studios allow them to print in terms of licensing. That is why some poster have a low count and some high (like the tyler stout star trek II posters; they printed 640 i think?)

Do I wish there was a better way to purchase them? Yes. I'm just hoping with the vinyl it will be different. I have a feeling they'll press a good number.

Their first vinyl release, they pressed 500. Ive got to figure it will be at least that amount. Im guessing 1000. If thats the case, anyone whos on the site the minute they go onsale will get one.

Has Mondo said around the time they are gonna put this out?

nope for Beyond or Drive, keep checking twitter, theyll let people know a day before. but with a may22 amd june 2012 release, it will most likely be a month from now. They dont finance themselves through preorders, they sell what they got.

and to those wondering about colors or the rarest variant, just expect no choice and the fancy ones randomly inserted.

Has Mondo said around the time they are gonna put this out?

nope for Beyond or Drive, keep checking twitter, theyll let people know a day before. but with a may22 amd june 2012 release, it will most likely be a month from now. They dont finance themselves through preorders, they sell what they got.

and to those wondering about colors or the rarest variant, just expect no choice and the fancy ones randomly inserted.

Thats how it was for their first vinyl release. Who knows what they will decide to do for the Beyond OST. IMO if they want the most sales, they will ship out the most limited variant first come first serve but not put a separate buying option for the variant. That way people will purchase on a gamble that they were one of the first 500 people or so to order. At least thats what I would do...