Drive Soundtrack?

Is anyone holding out for the mondo version?

Me. $50 is a little steep for my tastes. I'm clinging to hope that Mondo presses a good amount. They like making money, right?

Eh. They like the idea that their shit is rare/collectible more. They intentionally do low print runs to create an insane demand to supply ratio. In the end eBay flippers make 10x more off their releases than they do.

Read this article about them.

http://www.slashfilm.com/mystique-mondo-changing-face-movie-posters/

Hopefully they decide to press a decent amount of the Drive soundtrack, but I wouldn't necessarily expect to get a copy of it very easily.

Hopefully they decide to press a decent amount of the Drive soundtrack, but I wouldn't necessarily expect to get a copy of it very easily.

How hard are we talking, slim to no chance? or will keeping a daily watchful eye be sufficient to snag a pre order you think?

I believe their first vinyl release was available for an entire day if that gives any indication. I don't think the demand is necessarily as high as their posters but since Stout is doing the artwork for it, who knows?

its $40 shipped to the UK. thats pretty ridiculous alone.

And Canada (strange that it's same as the UK/cheaper than US).

I'll wait for the Mondo press, if I miss out, oh well.

I honestly mostly want this for the first track, the score is kinda cool too, but I don't like any of the other songs.

If I miss out on this one I'll just shell out for the Kavinsky picture disc of track that's floating around.

Oh my goodness. I really want the Mondo version, but I've had zero luck when I've tried to order from them in the past. I think I might just pull the trigger on this one...

Do I want pink or the picture disc?! Hmm...tough call! I only have a couple 10" pic discs that I listen to on occasion. Is the sound quality really that bad? I love the artwork for this release and don't mind sacrificing a bit of quality, but not if it's unbearable.

Oh my goodness. I really want the Mondo version, but I've had zero luck when I've tried to order from them in the past. I think I might just pull the trigger on this one...

Do I want pink or the picture disc?! Hmm...tough call! I only have a couple 10" pic discs that I listen to on occasion. Is the sound quality really that bad? I love the artwork for this release and don't mind sacrificing a bit of quality, but not if it's unbearable.

Just make sure you're on Mondo's website right at the scheduled release time (assuming that time isn't random), and I have to think you'll get a copy. Def wouldn't snooze on this though.

Picked this up.

So what is the difference between the two pressings? Sorry im a bit confused.

Mondo's pressing is going to have artwork by Tyler Stout and that's kind of all anyone knows besides the obvious 2xLP and more than likely gatefold jacket. no word yet on color or weight. it will also be much more limited i would guess

Picked this up.

So what is the difference between the two pressings? Sorry im a bit confused.

2 different record companies. We dont know too much about the Mondo release but we do know that Tyler Stout is doing the album artwork so I can pretty much guarantee that the Mondo artwork will kick the Invada artwork's ASS. As far as the record sounds? Ive got no idea since Mondo has only released 1 other vinyl, so theres not much to judge with.

The big thing with the Mondo release is its from an American company and some of us living in the USA dont care to pay the high overseas shipping charges for the Invada UK release which puts the cost near $50.

The Mondo release will also be much harder to get because theyve already got a HUGE following for their movie posters. Im willing to bet that tons of poster people will go after the Mondo release strictly for its perceived aftermarket value as an ebay flip.

Also, just go on ebay and search Tyler Stout and check out some of the prices for his posters. This guy is probably the hottest name right now in the movie/concert poster print business. Ill bet people who dont even own a turntable will buy this album strictly for the fact that its most likely going to be a limited piece of Stout artwork.

Also, just go on ebay and search Tyler Stout and check out some of the prices for his posters. This guy is probably the hottest name right now in the movie/concert poster print business. Ill bet people who dont even own a turntable will buy this album strictly for the fact that its most likely going to be a limited piece of Stout artwork.

well fuck....