Drive Soundtrack?

This is awesome! I was in the process of buying singles/ eps of songs from the soundtrack thinking that it wouldnt be pressed. Ive got the College - A real hero single, and Kavinsky Nightcall.

I thought about doing this too. Glad I held out! (if I can get a copy)

Were you able to obtain the College - A Real Hero 7" at a decent price after it sold out?

I've been looking for it but can't seem to find it anywhere...

Any news on this?

It's not coming out until June so I'm guessing we'll see a little break between now and any actionable news.

This was probably posted by there is a new poster that will be released with the vinyl. It reads like a separate purchase but for those that missed out maybe you'll get another shot.

I thought about doing this too. Glad I held out! (if I can get a copy)

Were you able to obtain the College - A Real Hero 7" at a decent price after it sold out?

I've been looking for it but can't seem to find it anywhere...

I was actually fortunate enought to buy one while they were still in stock. It was maybe 10 bucks from the site I think? Are they being flipped for a lot now?

Comes with a Stout screen print too? Wow, this will be next to impossible to get. I might want to look into the Invada release again...

I am reading that they are doing a print in addition to the vinyl.

Not that it comes with one.

I've read the same. They will release a new (limited) edition print of a Tyler Stout Drive Poster.

At the same time they will ALSO release the vinyl with the Stout artwork for the cover. The vinyl will be less limited, or at least that is the assumption I'm making since they explicitly said the poster would be limited. I imagine they would have done the same for the vinyl if it were true.

Comes with a Stout screen print too? Wow, this will be next to impossible to get. I might want to look into the Invada release again...

from my understanding Stout is doing the art for the record itself, not a totally new print but we shall see

from Mondo's blog

Wow. So, looks like we haven’t updated the blog in a bit, but I couldn’t think of a better way to break the non posting streak than with this press release:

Mondo is very proud to announce the release of the Drive soundtrack on vinyl for the first time in America. Regarded as one of the best soundtracks of 2011, the album is propelled by Cliff Martinez’s original score, plus songs by Kavinsky, Desire, Chromatics, and more. Mondo will be utilizing the talents of Tyler Stout for cover and package design, and will also be releasing a limited edition screenprinted poster to celebrate the occasion.

The 2xLP will be released in the US in June of 2012. Follow @Mondonews on Twitter for more information.

Yep. You read that correctly. We’re releasing the DRIVE soundtrack with a double vinyl album and having Tyler Stout do the packaging. We are beyond excited for this. June cannot come soon enough.

-Justin

so yeah, just the packaging

llamason56, those posters look great. My buddy Tim was able to snag one of the "Lonesome Ghosts" prints and it looks amazing in person.

thanks man. i have 2 friends that have TONS of Mondo prints and one that works there so my 7 prints (Dawn of the Dead, 28 Days Later, and Last House of the Left not framed or received yet) look like nothing to theirs.

vinyl along with collecting prints which i only just got into not very long ago has been such a drain on my funds it's retarded. i thought vinyl could be expensive but damn these prints are so much worse

from my understanding Stout is doing the art for the record itself, not a totally new print but we shall see

from Mondo's blog

Wow. So, looks like we haven’t updated the blog in a bit, but I couldn’t think of a better way to break the non posting streak than with this press release:

Mondo is very proud to announce the release of the Drive soundtrack on vinyl for the first time in America. Regarded as one of the best soundtracks of 2011, the album is propelled by Cliff Martinez’s original score, plus songs by Kavinsky, Desire, Chromatics, and more. Mondo will be utilizing the talents of Tyler Stout for cover and package design, and will also be releasing a limited edition screenprinted poster to celebrate the occasion.

The 2xLP will be released in the US in June of 2012. Follow @Mondonews on Twitter for more information.

Yep. You read that correctly. We’re releasing the DRIVE soundtrack with a double vinyl album and having Tyler Stout do the packaging. We are beyond excited for this. June cannot come soon enough.

-Justin

says poster too

from Mondo's blog

says poster too

yeah but i'm assuming it will be separate from the vinyl but i see what you mean now. i think it would be cool if the vinyl jacket folded out into what the poster would look like. that would be pretty sweet