The Bluths are back.

Lost was REALLY bad. It honestly infuriates me that now people can just immediately see the next episode.

Arrested Development season 3 was really painful. There was only a week between episodes and I think they were airing two at a time at one point. But there was some new rumor or glimmer of hope for a 4th season like every single day. Shit, I bought the DVDs back when TV shows were like $50 a season. Now that shits just all up on netflix and the DVDs are dirt cheap. All of which reminds me that there was a point in time where if you missed an episode of TV or forgot to set your VCR you were shit out of luck.

Lost was REALLY bad. It honestly infuriates me that now people can just immediately see the next episode.

Arrested Development season 3 was really painful. There was only a week between episodes and I think they were airing two at a time at one point. But there was some new rumor or glimmer of hope for a 4th season like every single day. Shit, I bought the DVDs back when TV shows were like $50 a season. Now that shits just all up on netflix and the DVDs are dirt cheap. All of which reminds me that there was a point in time where if you missed an episode of TV or forgot to set your VCR you were shit out of luck.

If I remember right, they burned off the last four episodes of AD all in one night.  But, it had been off the air for a month or two prior to that.

If you watch Big Bang Theory (and most sitcoms) you can almost predict the joke because the set ups are so clear. Everyone is sooooo funny and clever. It's awful.

Funny that South Park and Always Sunny were brought up, because those along with AD are the 3 best comedies of the last 15 years.

Also, if anyone hasn't seen it, watch the Sunny episode "The Gang Tries Desperately to Win an Award" because it completely takes the piss out of mainstream comedies. It's a top 3 episode for me, despite being from the most recent season.

My whole thing with this show is that my older brother watched it all the time, and I ended up watching through it on Netflix when I heard the about season 4. I stopped somewhere in the middle of season 2 'cause of life, but I'm picking it up again. Once I start writing songs, one of them's definitely gonna be called 'There's Always Money in the Banana Stand'.

The three things that immediately come to mind when I think about moments that made me laugh until I was out of breath in AD:

"Here he comes, here comes John Wayne..."

"Get rid of the Seaward" "I'm not going anywhere..."

"Maybe I'll stick it in her brownie..."

Edit: I have to add one:

"Who'd want to go into that musty old claptrap?"

My point was just that you can't say something along the lines of "arrested development was cancelled because it was too smart and people just want dumb comedy like BBT" because there are way too many counterexamples to the point. Plenty of smart shows that have a full run and plenty of dumb shows are cancelled quickly, so that clearly does not paint the full picture for AD.