anyone ever work for Victory recs? how was it??

What about when Abby from Action Heights got framed (and subsequently fired) for street team stuff that was borderline racist and clearly Tony's idea? I believe it involved getting Hawthorne Heights at the top of the billboard charts and hiding NeYo CDs in stores so that "our music" would be taken back or something.

I loved action heights because they put on a lot of shows at Knights of Columbus.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about when Abby from Action Heights got framed (and subsequently fired) for street team stuff that was borderline racist and clearly Tony's idea? I believe it involved getting Hawthorne Heights at the top of the billboard charts and hiding NeYo CDs in stores so that "our music" would be taken back or something.

I loved action heights because they put on a lot of shows at Knights of Columbus.

Action Heights, the record label that signed bands based on the number of purevolume play counts for their songs....

Action Heights, the record label that signed bands based on the number of purevolume play counts for their songs....

Could be the case. I couldn't tell you any albums they released. I just had a couple samplers from them and went to the shows they booked.

Did anyone else read this story that came out a few years ago? it's another first-hand account from someone who worked at Victory: http://thetrc.net/victory.html

Man, i just read through this whole thing. It corroborates what other people were saying earlier and is terrifying and fascinating. Thanks for posting.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':18u642ap]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':18u642ap]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

This can't be real. Or maybe it could be. Sounds just crazy enough to be reality.

these are all things that happened.

my old roommate regularly got in trouble for the music he listened to at his desk, the Century Media backpack he carried, told me about the weekly screaming match phone calls Tony would have with bands and the internet company.

My friend Katrina was fired for the spyware tracking

I know at least 15 ex employees and they all can tell you similar stories. Go to a Terror show and ask Scott Vogel how many times Tony's threatened to kill him over the phone.

I wouldn't allow anyone at Deathwish to carry a Century Media backpack either, that's not THAT crazy.

these are all things that happened.

my old roommate regularly got in trouble for the music he listened to at his desk, the Century Media backpack he carried, told me about the weekly screaming match phone calls Tony would have with bands and the internet company.

My friend Katrina was fired for the spyware tracking

I know at least 15 ex employees and they all can tell you similar stories. Go to a Terror show and ask Scott Vogel how many times Tony's threatened to kill him over the phone.

I wouldn't allow anyone at Deathwish to carry a Century Media backpack either,

Why?

My friends wife worked there for two years and she said the exact same thing.

Can you imagine listening to Victory Records music for 8 hours a day 5 days a week? I'd hate that more than Christmas music.

so is I Hate Punk Rock hiring?

Encapsulated Studios will be hiring unpaid interns hopefully in eary January. ;D

I haven't even heard of any of those. I'm guessing they're punk. I'm not too into punk so I probably wouldn't enjoy them

you fail. Never trust a hardcore kid who doesn't like punk rock.

I'm not a hardcore kid either.

http://www.last.fm/user/EyeWin8

Looked the bands up, and I was right. They're all hardcore punk. The only hardcore punk that I've enjoyed isn't even tr00 hardcore.

Encapsulated Studios will be hiring unpaid interns hopefully in eary January. ;D

if this is a recording studio i'd be willing to help in exchange for recording time, or practice space, or both.

=)

Rehearsal spaces, recording studio, screen printing shop and the label will run out of there. It's in Maplewood right by Schlafly Bottleworks. We are shooting for an opening date of January 2nd.

Gabe Usery from The Disappeared and Matt Amelung (recorded Story of the Year, Greek Fire, Sink the Bismark) are the two engineers/producers running the actual recording studio part.

I highly doubt that, seeing as how they put out the Faultlines record and virtually no one (besides me) liked that band.

has there been any good bands on Victory since the days of Snapcase, Strife and Cast Iron Hike? I can't think of a single band. well, besides Taproot, Ill Niño and Otep!

Thieves and Villains is an excellent band on Victory that not too many people know about. Also, Jungle Rot is incredible.