The NEW Dead Format

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a huge improvement already, I haven't updated my tradelist on there for months because it's so annoying to do.

What did you dislike about it? Prior to DF, I was using Record Nerd where each individual album had to be loaded in one at a time whereas on DF you can put in as many as you want at one time.

I have an Excel spreadsheet I keep up to date, and whenever I'd go on DF to update my list there I would copy and paste the entire thing into the "Add to tradelist" window. Then I'd publish it and realize that it would literally just add the entire spreadsheet to my already existing list - so I'd have doubles of every album. Obviously this was 100% my error... but it still drove/drives me nuts.

This is gonna make me sound super anal and OCD, but I wish there was a way to alphabetize your list, mine is all over the place and I'd like to be able to move it around within my list so I can make it alphabetized

it alphabetizes my list by artist, but not album.

i like my albums chronological.

This is gonna make me sound super anal and OCD, but I wish there was a way to alphabetize your list, mine is all over the place and I'd like to be able to move it around within my list so I can make it alphabetized

If you look at mine it like splits in half making it basically two separate segments and it drives me nuts, I wish we had an option as to how to sort, by a-z by artist, a-z by album, or year

This happened to me with a few items before. For whatever reason, whenever you go in to edit an item on your list, Deadformat adds in several spaces in front of the entry. To fix it, just go to the end of the first set of items in alphabetical order, and delete the spaces in front of everything after.

Let me know if that helps at all; it's kind of hard to explain without using examples.

This happened to me with a few items before. For whatever reason, whenever you go in to edit an item on your list, Deadformat adds in several spaces in front of the entry. To fix it, just go to the end of the first set of items in alphabetical order, and delete the spaces in front of everything after.

Let me know if that helps at all; it's kind of hard to explain without using examples.

Dude you rule, that has been bugging the shit out of me every time I look at my list, Thanks!

This used to drive me nuts, but it's one of the things they fixed on the new (beta) site. Now you can edit any item without it jumping to the top of the list.

Oh, and to put albums in chronological order, in theory, you could put the album year before the name of the album, and that should work. It would be kind of pain to do as well as look pretty weird, but if it bothers you that much, you could give it a try.

This used to drive me nuts, but it's one of the things they fixed on the new (beta) site. Now you can edit any item without it jumping to the top of the list.

Awesome!

Looks like I had it backwards and the items with the space in front of them go to the top of the list, not the bottom.

This is a huge improvement already, I haven't updated my tradelist on there for months because it's so annoying to do.

What did you dislike about it? Prior to DF, I was using Record Nerd where each individual album had to be loaded in one at a time whereas on DF you can put in as many as you want at one time.

I first started cataloging my collection with record nerd. i thought you could upload an excel spreadsheet and select something like "replace list" so it wouldn't keep adding duplicates. That was helpful. I also liked that it separated "for trade/sale" from "not for trade." A tradelist is a bit different from one's full collection. I have tried to do that with my DF list. The one annoying this with record nerd was the lack of any naming convention. Sometimes things were all caps or all lower case or a mix. To do a search you had to type in all the variants you could think of.

Need some help with my tradelist...I'm doing a total overhaul

I've set my categories (7", 10" 12" etc) but I can't seem to update the individual categories...any help would be amazing!

Adam

I don't think there's an easier way around that other than copying and pasting.

There's a "move" button when you go to edit a category, but it's never actually done anything at all for me (hopefully something they fix with the update).

What all is new? I tried looking at a few recently updated trade lists to see what is different, and they all look exactly the same.

I've kept my list locally for a few years now, and wouldn't mind uploading it somewhere, but never really was a fan of the "old" DF.

it's in beta. Not sure if it's invite only. Beta.deadformat.net

What all is new? I tried looking at a few recently updated trade lists to see what is different, and they all look exactly the same.

I've kept my list locally for a few years now, and wouldn't mind uploading it somewhere, but never really was a fan of the "old" DF.

it's in beta. Not sure if it's invite only. Beta.deadformat.net

Alright, then to rephrase my question, what all is new about the beta?