Post a Picture of your Axe/Gear!

Hey guys! I'm looking to get a nice EQ pedal for my live rig. Right now it's a Peavey 6505+ through a Mesa 4x12 cab. I have a few pedals (Maxon OD808, Boss DD-6, Boss RV-5, Boss NS-2) and am looking to shape my tone a bit. I love the 6505+ but I play more alternative rock now and it's just got some muddiness to it that i'd like to clean up while keeping a reasonable amount of gain. Anyone have any EQ pedals that they love? I would like one that can do somewhat drastic changes in tone rather then subtle. Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

You could probably sell that peavey and get yourself a traynor bass master. That'll have all the grit you want while also not sounding muddy unless you try hard for it to. 

Hey guys! I'm looking to get a nice EQ pedal for my live rig. Right now it's a Peavey 6505+ through a Mesa 4x12 cab. I have a few pedals (Maxon OD808, Boss DD-6, Boss RV-5, Boss NS-2) and am looking to shape my tone a bit. I love the 6505+ but I play more alternative rock now and it's just got some muddiness to it that i'd like to clean up while keeping a reasonable amount of gain. Anyone have any EQ pedals that they love? I would like one that can do somewhat drastic changes in tone rather then subtle. Any advice is greatly appreciated! 

I use this as a clean boost, it works really well.

http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/mc401-boostline-driver

Not a huge fan of the Jag basses, but man, that one looks awesome...has a total vintage vibe to it. Could be the lighting or something, but whatever, killer score.

Not a huge fan of the Jag basses, but man, that one looks awesome...has a total vintage vibe to it. Could be the lighting or something, but whatever, killer score.

Thanks, ultimately I was looking for a Mustang bass for the short scale but this came up super cheap - couldn't pass it up. It's more cream coloured than white which definitely gives it a vintage look.

Thanks, ultimately I was looking for a Mustang bass for the short scale but this came up super cheap - couldn't pass it up. It's more cream coloured than white which definitely gives it a vintage look.

Man, those broncos are super rad basses. I would still look in to one and try it out.

• 3 weeks later...

So I was selling old import Guitars, Vinyl and working some overtime to save the $1500 for a Gibson Midtown Custom and this scratch and dent shows up online (no scratches nor dents found) for $950! Had to charge it because I only had $650 saved. What a great player, between a full hollow Les Paul and a ES335 size and sound wise. My Gibson family so far in the last pic.

20140819_123131.jpg

20140819_123123.jpg

20140819_123143.jpg

20140819_123208.jpg

20140819_123335.jpg

20140819_131326.jpg

Been a hot minute, some of this was in the recent purchases like last time I posted in here but here's some better pictures of the gear I grabbed over the summer.

JjHbzgE.jpg

Picked up an Ibanez RG8, GSR206 and a Fender Thinline Tele '72 Reissue (also a cello bow so I can pretend to be Sigur Ros sometimes).

blSW93O.jpg

Also finally got an ACTUAL pedaltrain instead of using as-is parts from Ikea as one along with filling it out with most of the stuff I've been wanting. Signal Chain for those curious: *WA Deep Six > Ernie Ball VP Jr > *EHX Micro POG > *WA Mayflower > Strymon Timeline > *Strymon Bigsky > *TC Corona > TC Arena > TC Flashback > EHX Holy Grail Nano. (*New Pedals)

Been a hot minute, some of this was in the recent purchases like last time I posted in here but here's some better pictures of the gear I grabbed over the summer.

JjHbzgE.jpg

Picked up an Ibanez RG8, GSR206 and a Fender Thinline Tele '72 Reissue (also a cello bow so I can pretend to be Sigur Ros sometimes).

blSW93O.jpg

Also finally got an ACTUAL pedaltrain instead of using as-is parts from Ikea as one along with filling it out with most of the stuff I've been wanting. Signal Chain for those curious: *WA Deep Six > Ernie Ball VP Jr > *EHX Micro POG > *WA Mayflower > Strymon Timeline > *Strymon Bigsky > *TC Corona > TC Arena > TC Flashback > EHX Holy Grail Nano. (*New Pedals)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I lust over that big sky.

Lovin' that thinline tele!

Same dude, the tone on it is so incredible. Hands down best sounding guitar I own. (may or may not have been persuaded by greg in moving mountains playing one, whooooo knows)

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck I lust over that big sky.

Worth every penny for sure, if you find yourself able to grab one go for it!

Anyone have any long term experience with the washburn hb series? My ES 355 Custom was stolen and I need another electric rather quickly but definitely don't have that kind of money. I played a washburn hb36 that sounded great through an ac15 (which is my main amp) and was very playable. I'm just wondering how they hold up once they break in a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

If anybody happens to be in the market for a Mustang, World Music Supply is closing out the Cobain Mustang for $600.  Excellent price for a Made in Japan Mustang with upgraded bridge and bridge pickup.  Probably won't last too long.

Coupon Code  Kurt400 

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/Fender-Kurt-Cobain-Mustang-Electric-Guitar-Fiesta-Red.html

If anybody happens to be in the market for a Mustang, World Music Supply is closing out the Cobain Mustang for $600.  Excellent price for a Made in Japan Mustang with upgraded bridge and bridge pickup.  Probably won't last too long.

Coupon Code  Kurt400 

http://www.worldmusicsupply.com/Fender-Kurt-Cobain-Mustang-Electric-Guitar-Fiesta-Red.html

Damn I wish I had that much disposable income right now!

Coupon Code  Kurt400 

I have this guitar but in sonic blue. If anyone on here ever thought about buying a mustang, this is your opportunity to get an amazing sounding guitar for that price. You probabaly couldnt even get one used for 600. Nice find.

If anyone wants to drop me a recommendation here for the next thing I add on my pedal board that'd be cool since I'm a little undecided. Specifically I'm looking to grab a dedicated looper so I don't have to sacrifice one of my delay pedals to sample with. Been trying to compare a few and I've looked at the Boomerang III, the new EHX 360, Boss RC-3 and Digitech JamMan. So far I've been leaning most towards the RC-3 just because it has a massive amount of memory and having 99 banks is pretty awesome but I'm not completely sold on it yet.

If anyone wants to drop me a recommendation here for the next thing I add on my pedal board that'd be cool since I'm a little undecided. Specifically I'm looking to grab a dedicated looper so I don't have to sacrifice one of my delay pedals to sample with. Been trying to compare a few and I've looked at the Boomerang III, the new EHX 360, Boss RC-3 and Digitech JamMan. So far I've been leaning most towards the RC-3 just because it has a massive amount of memory and having 99 banks is pretty awesome but I'm not completely sold on it yet.

Get the Boss. You won't regret it. No stupid gimmicks. Solid as a rock. Time tested. Tons of banks. Simple to use.