recordhound1002 ripping us off

lovedones

I always found his compulsive complete collection thing weird. Like, I'm gonna spend hundreds to complete a collection and as soon as I'm done, I'm going to sell off records from that collection to complete this other collection, etc... I spoke with him via PM several times about a few records, but when it came down to it, never wanted to close the deal on records

^ I think we all do that to a certain extent though. I'm not playing Devil's advocate for him but I know that personally I'll focus on a particular band or genre for a period of time and then move onto something else to obsess over while returning to the first thing from time to time because I genuinely still like it. Adam may have just gone through that a bit quicker than some. It also has to be taken into consideration - and I think we can all understand this - that half the fun of collecting records comes in the chase. I'm not saying any of this to discount his seemingly ripping you guys off because that's totally not cool - just making an observation on the collecting thing.

i figure he will read all this. so like others have said, this is forgivable and we just want our stuff we bought. the way i see it there are two options.

1) let all the claims get filed and whatnot and lose them. he loses all the money and is seen as a dick here forever. but he does not have to send anything out. granted he seemingly wanted to get rid of this stuff anyways...

2) post and let us know what is up. ship everything out. let the claims fall through. have a chance at being cool with people here again.

Are we sure he didn't just get offed by a psycho ex-girlfriend or something? People die or go into comas all the time. Maybe something just happened to him to the point where he is physically incapable of following through on these deals that certain parties are complaining about.

Just doesn't seem to add up but for all we know, he could merely be scamming. I'm just speculating here.

He gave a dude I know on here the run around. After he was threatened with a paypal claim he finally shipped the records.

Said it got lost in the mail or something, and when the paypal claim was threatened he said he found the shipping confirmation. He shipped it the day he said he found the confirmation.

That had been going on between the two for about a month.

Are we sure he didn't just get offed by a psycho ex-girlfriend or something? People die or go into comas all the time. Maybe something just happened to him to the point where he is physically incapable of following through on these deals that certain parties are complaining about.

Just doesn't seem to add up but for all we know, he could merely be scamming. I'm just speculating here.

he has been logging in every day since this has been out in the open. if he can log in he can refund people and/or find a way to send people their stuff.

yeah why would you log in when you can just troll around and check out what people are saying without signing in.

to the people who pm'ed him, is he reading them?

i actually told my wife if i ever die to log in here and let everyone know and sell my records on here. figure she can make some money after i die.....well after my life insurance check clears.

I figured it all out! Wasn't this the dude that was looking for all The Loved Ones/Dave Hause stuff? And wasn't the person who started all these threads called Lovedones? And didn't that person register today? Is this just a ploy for him to check in to see how much shit he is in and what destruction he has caused and seem all on our side at the same time???

I figured it all out! Wasn't this the dude that was looking for all The Loved Ones/Dave Hause stuff? And wasn't the person who started all these threads called Lovedones? And didn't that person register today? Is this just a ploy for him to check in to see how much shit he is in and what destruction he has caused and seem all on our side at the same time???

Haha, that's a good theory, but the OP doesn't have enough unnecessarily capitalized words for that to be the case. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
This dude is Nips? his facebook photo is the same as the one in Nips sig. Explains why Nips dissapeared around the same time.

I don't think so. Nips had that picture in his signature to make fun of recordhound1002...hence the "IT'S COOL TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOURSELF DRINKING WHEN YOU'RE OVER 21."

At least that's what I always thought.

This dude is Nips? his facebook photo is the same as the one in Nips sig. Explains why Nips dissapeared around the same time.

I don't think so. Nips had that picture in his signature to make fun of recordhound1002...hence the "IT'S COOL TO TAKE PICTURES OF YOURSELF DRINKING WHEN YOU'RE OVER 21."

At least that's what I always thought.

that's how you throw folks off the scent of yr alias!

have you never heard of Batman!? ;)