Body cleansing recommendations?

Ok so I'm a point where my scale and my body is really not so nice to me. I'm a weight milestone I thought I'd never reach so I'm not proud of that. >:( I'm planning on start with a body cleanse/detox to start some initial weight loss....particularly Angela Stokes' "A Juice Feasters Handbook." Thoughts or suggestions?

This shit sounds crazy but I gotta start somewhere. I will start going to the gym again too. I already paid for a year back in July.

Guest mellietronx

Just make sure to take the proper supplements, but that goes without saying.

Kriss Stress and I have been doing sparkpeople.com He has lost about 10 pounds in the last 6 weeks or so :)

This is my basic Lean Muscle Cut Phase I created my Freshman Year. It helped me put on 90lbs then cut 30lbs.

Started the year in August at 6'6" 175lbs then by March I was 265lbs. Cut back before summer to about 235lbs.

My routine of cutting phase consist of lightweight sets in correct form and shit tons of Crew or row machine. Biking/Running whatever you want.

Morning - Gym around 6am to 7:30am (Depending on how busy it is). I start the day off w/ Glutamine/Creatine/Nitric Oxide shake (water) **Be sure to not overkill it with water, you will gag while pumping iron bro.**

Bring a Giant 1 gal. jug of water. **Pref a refillable one**

After workout I would consume a serving of Muscle Milk Lean w/ another serving of Creatine in 8oz of Soy Milk. **I recommend Strawberry Creme Muscle Milk w/ Vanilla Silk**

After a intense workout I tend to eat lighter for the time being then take a nice refreshing shower and have a side of cottage cheese w/ fruit or maybe a yogurt parfait. Whatever peels your bananas bro :D

As for my meal plan goes:

morning:Eggs w/ wheat bread

snack:yogurt w/ strawbs and blubs

lunch:veggie burger on wheat or avocado rolls w/ brown rice. Side of fruit and something decent

snack:Power Bar/Cliff Bar/Anything but greasy shit foods

Dinner:Normally will grab some w/ out bread aka evil carbs and something light.

Normally with all the supplements I pumped in my body I'm full. Metabolism is optimized w/ eating small portions in 2 hr intervals.

Hope this helps, put about 20mins of thought into this :P

i lost about 75lbs last year. for the first 30 days i eliminated all carbs, sugar, and very minimal fat... lots of protein shakes with skim milk or water, greek yogurt, and non starchy veggies. along with vitamin supplements... after that i tried to keep carbs and sugar to a minimum... a big thing is try to drink nothing but water... fake sweeteners in drinks are almost just as bad as sugar because they fuck with your insulin levels or something like that.... im working ion dropping another 50 this year... after slacking a bit at the end of last year..

I've heard good things and "seen" great results from the Paleo diet.

Personally I eat horrible. Just ate a 2 pound burger/fries 3 slices of cheesecake 6 hot dogs and a foot long sub saturday and freaked out a bunch of friends. I love to eat but I guess the fact that I cut Caffeine and 80% of sugars out of my life like 10 years ago keeps me thin no matter what I eat. I do eat cakes and pies alot but that is pretty much my only sugars, I ONLY drink water. After so long of no soda a sip of it just disgust me now.

This is my basic Lean Muscle Cut Phase I created my Freshman Year. It helped me put on 90lbs then cut 30lbs.

Started the year in August at 6'6" 175lbs then by March I was 265lbs. Cut back before summer to about 235lbs.

My routine of cutting phase consist of lightweight sets in correct form and shit tons of Crew or row machine. Biking/Running whatever you want.

Morning - Gym around 6am to 7:30am (Depending on how busy it is). I start the day off w/ Glutamine/Creatine/Nitric Oxide shake (water) **Be sure to not overkill it with water, you will gag while pumping iron bro.**

Bring a Giant 1 gal. jug of water. **Pref a refillable one**

After workout I would consume a serving of Muscle Milk Lean w/ another serving of Creatine in 8oz of Soy Milk. **I recommend Strawberry Creme Muscle Milk w/ Vanilla Silk**

After a intense workout I tend to eat lighter for the time being then take a nice refreshing shower and have a side of cottage cheese w/ fruit or maybe a yogurt parfait. Whatever peels your bananas bro :D

As for my meal plan goes:

morning:Eggs w/ wheat bread

snack:yogurt w/ strawbs and blubs

lunch:veggie burger on wheat or avocado rolls w/ brown rice. Side of fruit and something decent

snack:Power Bar/Cliff Bar/Anything but greasy shit foods

Dinner:Normally will grab some w/ out bread aka evil carbs and something light.

Normally with all the supplements I pumped in my body I'm full. Metabolism is optimized w/ eating small portions in 2 hr intervals.

Hope this helps, put about 20mins of thought into this :P

This is pretty close to what I do. I'm not as rigorous on the diet.

For the OP, there is a supplement called NO-Xplode (and a bunch of other brands that have the same product) that I recommend. It will get you pumped to exercise. Also, you know how people say "you have to eat if you want to lose weight, otherwise your body starts to shut down and conserve calories?" This stuff keeps you from going into that low blood sugar coma if you don't eat (not suggesting starvation, just saying you can skip a meal or eat a very small one without going into the no food coma).

Protein shake after working out is also a must. Muscle builds fat, and in order to build muscle, you need protein. Most of the muscle rebuilding happens within an hour of working out (which is why you take the shake right after you finish).

Another benefit of supplements is that they help you stay in a rhythm. Helps prevent you from doing the thing a lot of people do where they go through cycles of working out followed by weight gain.

As for shakes/cleanse diets, go ahead and try it but I wouldn't consider them a long term option. The idea that is propagated by those 2 am infomercials that "the average american is carrying 20 pounds of impacted fecal matter that needs to be cleansed out" is bunk. Your intestines absorb nutrients through their walls. If our insides were all gummed up, the intestines couldn't function. Someone who eats a lot will have a lot in their system, so when they try these diets (which are basically laxatives) they do lose weight as they clean out their systems. After that, you gotta eat right and exercise.

As Flood said, stay away from things like Diet pop. They may not have calories, but sugar substitutes make you want more sweet things. Try and drink only water.

I could keep going but last thing -- just accept that (for the most part) the better food tastes, the worse it is for you. Just accept that you gotta choke down some broccoli (without cheese or ranch or anything). Be strong at the supermarket when you buy your food and load up on plain tasting food (veggies, bran cereal, unbreaded chicken breast). The better it tastes, the worse it probably is for you (I don't want to get in an argument with anyone about whether broccoli tastes good or not. If you don't believe me, agree to disagree. Just my opinion.)

Good luck!

I have no clue how many calories I consume on an average day, but it's probably close to 3000. I'm a restless dude, though, so I still weigh 158lbs when I'm fat and 152lbs when I'm not. I'm on the ice in some form every single day for hockey, though, which is a big part of it.

I don't know how much physical activity you do, but that's more than the food in my lazy non-trying opinion. If you're static, find something to do. If you work at a desk, walk around the office every hour. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk to work whenever you can. Get a dog just so you have to walk it.

I don't think you need to count calories and be strict about what you eat, just eat regularly and don't cram late at night. As long as you aren't eating shit for every meal, it's not as hard as it seems to drop weight.

i'm cleaning myself out now that the holidays are over in the sense that i'm cutting booze out M-Th (oftentimes F, too), cutting sugar back (no desserts) and cutting back on dairy and meat so i can detox and drop the holiday weight i gained. happens every year. i always go up about 5-7 lbs, but i'm 5'4" so it makes my clothes snugger than i like.

i usually have an apple, banana or yogurt with coffee for breakfast. skip lunch. then for dinner, i'll cut back on meat to just half the week instead of 5-7 days/wk. i might still have dessert, but it definitely won't be pie or a christmas cake with milk. it'd probably be more like one piece of dark chocolate or one scoop of ice cream with chamomile tea. so i'm probably going from 2000 calories back down to my normal 1300/day.

i walk my dog and chase my kid around every day also to stay active.

If you want to feel cleansed cut diary, booze and refined sugars for a bit. I'm sure you'll lose weight but the cleanest I ever felt was when I went vegan. You'll never realize how shitty dairy products make you feel until you quit.

You could also try the unbelievably indulgent under 550 calorie menu from Applebees I keep hearing about.

If you want to feel cleansed cut diary, booze and refined sugars for a bit. I'm sure you'll lose weight but the cleanest I ever felt was when I went vegan. You'll never realize how shitty dairy products make you feel until you quit.

You could also try the unbelievably indulgent under 550 calorie menu from Applebees I keep hearing about.

i don't think i'd consider anything from applebees 'unbelievably indulgent' ahaha.

I have no clue how many calories I consume on an average day, but it's probably close to 3000. I'm a restless dude, though, so I still weigh 158lbs when I'm fat and 152lbs when I'm not. I'm on the ice in some form every single day for hockey, though, which is a big part of it.

I don't know how much physical activity you do, but that's more than the food in my lazy non-trying opinion. If you're static, find something to do. If you work at a desk, walk around the office every hour. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Walk to work whenever you can. Get a dog just so you have to walk it.

I don't think you need to count calories and be strict about what you eat, just eat regularly and don't cram late at night. As long as you aren't eating shit for every meal, it's not as hard as it seems to drop weight.

This is part of my scale problem. Got a desk job last year at an office wih no stairs :( Used to have to run up 5 flights of stairs every hour. Used to also live in a 3rd floor walk-up. Heres to ground level apartments and jobs.....

People might knock it but if you enjoy a lot of vegetables, cheese, and meats you should check out the atkins diet. I've been on it since June and I've lost close to 60lbs or 10lbs a month on it. Its bizarre how it works but what it comes down to is you're on a low carb diet where most all your carbs are from vegetables. Its a pretty big lifestyle change if you really think about all the other carbs you put into your body. Its also pretty much a sugar-free diet as well. I started out by reading this book just the first section: http://www.amazon.com/New-Atkins-You-Ultimate-Shedding/dp/1439190275/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1325786934&sr=8-1

It also helped that I had a friend have great success on this diet, but either way my wife and i have been doing it and it works. She hasn't really grabbed on to exercising but I try to do the elliptical machine around 3 times a week for close to an hour each time. Just saying its another option, which is difficult but it works and I'm never hungry because i eat when I'm hungry.