THRICE-TAITA2xLP repress RED vinyl pics

so they lost the artwork files for the CD version but still have the artwork files for the vinyl version of the album? it seems odd that they would still have the vinyl artwork and not the CD art. since i'm assuming the CD is still production, someone somewhere should have the files for that artwork.

Yup, I thought so too.

Thanks a bunch!

Also this reminded me about posts on the i am the avalance repress thread recently, people kept reading IATA as AITA and the guy who was repressing IATA said he tried to get thrice but was told they were already in the works but didnt know any more info, didnt expect it to be the truth this soon :P

Im picking this up regardless, but im not gonna lie its a bit of a bummer about it not being with the CD art. Itd be cool if you spoke to thrice/the label and kind of re imagined the cover. especially since they're breaking up and all.

Id definitely pay like 25-30 bucks for something like that

They arent breaking up per se, more of a hiatus/time to spend with family but who knows it could end in a break up.

It's been the same four dudes making music for 10+ years. They said in their hiatus-announcement that if they haven't broken up yet, it's likely that they never will. Hiatuses are a bummer, but it doesn't rule out future work entirely. Cave In came back last year with one of the best albums they've ever done (in my opinion); ATDI is finally going back at it. There is hope.

Bummer about the artwork. I think it would have looked really great. You can always have anyone blow up an original cd cover and enhance on computer. I'm sure it's not that difficult.

Please do 180 gram if you can or have a choice.

It sucks that these great albums are coming out and get damaged so easily. I think 180 gram helps with that issue. Just my thoughts.

I'll buy regardless.

Anyone else have fingers crossed for a Thrice Box Set?

I wish The Alchemy Index would come out on 12". The 10" I never seem to play. I think I've only played it twice.