THRICE-TAITA2xLP repress RED vinyl pics

Overall I think everything Thrice has put out has been enjoyable in one way or another, old/new, Thrice is still Thrice. I'm glad that any time they have played live they've covered a few songs off just about every album.. So, anyone think they're really coming back in spring for their last tour of the foreseeable future?

iirc theyre doing one last spring tour before their 'hiatus"

1.Beggars

2.Vheissu

3. Major/Minor

4. The Artist In The Ambulance

5. Alchemy Index I-II

6. The Illusion Of Safety

7. Alchemy Index III-IV

8. Identity Crisis

best to "worst"

i almost completely agree except i'd move artist to 6, & AI I/II to 5 & III/IV to 4. i just really like Thrice's quieter stuff and was never really all that keen on crisis or safety

the problem with thrice is they've changed completely over the years. Myself, I prefer the first two, maybe three albums and even being a huge post rock fan, cannot get into any of the new shit. And then there are the people who aren't into the early stuff. Meh, I have my identity crisis LP, I'm good!

I love it all. I could care less whether or not someone else likes/dislikes any of their releases. What bugs the shit out of me are the douchebags at the shows who complain that Thrice isn't playing enough of their old stuff. STFU and realize that as musicians they take advantage of their ability to be creative and try new things. They try new things and do it well. You can't ask for much more than that.

I love it all. I could care less whether or not someone else likes/dislikes any of their releases. What bugs the shit out of me are the douchebags at the shows who complain that Thrice isn't playing enough of their old stuff. STFU and realize that as musicians they take advantage of their ability to be creative and try new things. They try new things and do it well. You can't ask for much more than that.

Yes, this.

And as Thrice's musical style has changed, so has my taste in music. I am not limited to liking one genre; punk, hardcore, post-rock, etc. so I can appreciate every release they've put out. For what they have accomplished, they are a very dynamic band.

Edit: 666th post. Hail Satan \m/

Yes, this.

And as Thrice's musical style has changed, so has my taste in music. I am not limited to liking one genre; punk, hardcore, post-rock, etc. so I can appreciate every release they've put out. For what they have accomplished, they are a very dynamic band.

Edit: 666th post. Hail Satan \m/

couldn't have happened at a better point, lol

They play new material at their live shows because that's the music they're writing now. They wouldn't make an album like Major/Minor if they wanted to play stuff like Identity Crisis live.

Here's my list. It seems like a lot of people aren't huge on Alchemy. I love it. I love it's complexity, it's density, the concepts, the little things hidden within, and the journey it sort of provides. The vinyl set is incredible, too. I always count it as one because it's a cohesive project that's meant to go together. The label wanted it released seperately, but it was all recorded at the same time. I love every record thrice puts out, and often times i fell like listening to illusion more than the other records, but this is where I'm at right now.

Alchemy

Vheissu

Beggars

Major/Minor

Artist

Illusion

Identity Crisis

1.Beggars

2.Vheissu

3. Major/Minor

4. The Artist In The Ambulance

5. Alchemy Index I-II

6. The Illusion Of Safety

7. Alchemy Index III-IV

8. Identity Crisis

best to "worst"

i almost completely agree except i'd move artist to 6, & AI I/II to 5 & III/IV to 4. i just really like Thrice's quieter stuff and was never really all that keen on crisis or safety

there are some really solid songs on the alchemy index but as a whole the 2nd one was imo of lesser quality. I really like the newer stuff although Illusion of Safety was the first album of theirs I heard. I'd actually put Alchemy II and III before Illusion of Safety

This might be getting a little too far ahead, but is there going to be any way the HT stores will know ahead of time if they are getting copies and how many or will it be like RSD where stores won't know how many they are getting until stuff shows up?

Ill have a list of which HT stores will be getting it but not until like a week before its out. Ill post a list in this thread when I have it. There will also be many many copies available on HT.com