THRICE-TAITA2xLP repress RED vinyl pics

hey has anyone else had issues with the middle hole being slightly smaller than the spindle on their player? It was a bit of a tight fit getting the record on the spindle when I played it, never had this issue before with other records.
you also only have 30 records, it just happens sometimes.

hey has anyone else had issues with the middle hole being slightly smaller than the spindle on their player? It was a bit of a tight fit getting the record on the spindle when I played it, never had this issue before with other records.

that's what she said?

I was waiting for this response. I wish there was a less innuendoish way to have phrased my issue.

Is anyone else having an issue with "Cold Cash And Colder Hearts" on Side A of the first disc? My copy skips right after Dustin starts singing. I thought it was just my record player being ghetto, but I tried it on my girlfriend's turntable and it does the same thing. It only skips at the very beginning of that first song and everything else plays fine. Wondering if I'm the only person who got this...

I had the exact same problem. I usually keep my counterweight set at 1.5 - I set it at 1.25 and Cold Cash and Colder Hearts started up without the skip.

Ok cool thanks man. My gf and I just have those cheap Crosley players that we bought at Target for like $100. Maybe it is time to invest in something a little better. lol

for those people saying the cover doesn't matter...it does

you ask anyone why they prefer vinyl over other formats, one of the reasons people say time and time again is the enlarged artwork

i bought this because i love thrice, i love the album, the color is gorgeous, i listened to the whole thing when i got home after buying it and it sounds great...but the fact that we got a subpar piece of artwork really bothers me! especially when it costs $20+

you ask anyone why they prefer vinyl over other formats, one of the reasons people say time and time again is the enlarged artwork

i bought this because i love thrice, i love the album, the color is gorgeous, i listened to the whole thing when i got home after buying it and it sounds great...but the fact that we got a subpar piece of artwork really bothers me! especially when it costs $20+

pretty much this. if it was only select people that ended up with pixelated artwork while others had correct artwork, they'd be singing a different tune (or perhaps making some $$$ on ebay).

I agree. Larger artwork is a big part of why I like vinyl over anything else.

Back up, yet again.

if so, it was a tiny batch that went fast (sold out now). i'm betting it was your browser cache though...

got mine today and the pixelated cover is way worse than i imagined when people said it. i guess i figured a big deal was being made over a smaller deal but this is crappy lookin

Don't understand why some people are still upset about the artwork. If you don't like it sell it for cost and wait for the repress. Problem solved.

I don't understand why people are accepting shoddy business practices with open arms...

Just to be clear, Travis, I'm not talking about you. I appreciate you getting this pressed. I'm talking about Hot Topic as a company.

Don't understand why some people are still upset about the artwork. If you don't like it sell it for cost and wait for the repress. Problem solved.

I don't understand why people are accepting shoddy business practices with open arms...

Just to be clear, Travis, I'm not talking about you. I appreciate you getting this pressed. I'm talking about Hot Topic as a company.

This is not Hot Topic's fault. They're just sent the product. This is the fault of someone at Universal.

This is not Hot Topic's fault. They're just sent the product. This is the fault of someone at Universal.

Yes, but they decided to go ahead and sell it anyway.

Yes, but they decided to go ahead and sell it anyway.

Obviously a corporation is going to sell a product they paid to license. They do not care if the product is crap or whatever, just as long as it sells.

HoT ToPiC STreET TeAm 4 LYfe DawG!! ;D

I think that too many of you perceive what HT does with this licensing to parallel how a label functions...and that is incorrect.

Travis will correct me if I'm wrong, but this artwork problem is not in any way HT's fault because it went down like this:

1.) Travis set up the details for the repress and left all of the work in the hands of the folks at Universal & the pressing plant.

2.) Artwork proofs (that probably aren't even sent to Travis/HT but who knows) are generally Lo-res for basic purposes involving email inbox limitations and uploading/downloading bandwith restrictions. However, unless the person viewing it has the slightest clue that it was set up at 72 dpi, the Lo-res proof will look acceptable. They don't print a few to send out with test presses or anything like that.

3.) Once the product is completed, the pressing plant ships them to the two HT distribution centers - NOT to Travis. At this point, they are 50% of the way to the stores (because that process happens LONG before orders go live online.)

4.) Travis plucks a copy from the California distribution center and gets bummed, but realizes that there is no way to recall hundreds of records back from each store that received them and proceeds to warn everybody BEFORE anyone could purchase it.

Nothing shady at all. I could see a revolt if HT had stuffed them all individually like some DIY label or something.

I think that too many of you perceive what HT does with this licensing to parallel how a label functions...and that is incorrect.

Travis will correct me if I'm wrong, but this artwork problem is not in any way HT's fault because it went down like this:

1.) Travis set up the details for the repress and left all of the work in the hands of the folks at Universal & the pressing plant.

2.) Artwork proofs (that probably aren't even sent to Travis/HT but who knows) are generally Lo-res for basic purposes involving email inbox limitations and uploading/downloading bandwith restrictions. However, unless the person viewing it has the slightest clue that it was set up at 72 dpi, the Lo-res proof will look acceptable. They don't print a few to send out with test presses or anything like that.

3.) Once the product is completed, the pressing plant ships them to the two HT distribution centers - NOT to Travis. At this point, they are 50% of the way to the stores (because that process happens LONG before orders go live online.)

4.) Travis plucks a copy from the California distribution center and gets bummed, but realizes that there is no way to recall hundreds of records back from each store that received them and proceeds to warn everybody BEFORE anyone could purchase it.

Nothing shady at all. I could see a revolt if HT had stuffed them all individually like some DIY label or something.

i don't think anyone at any point has blamed travis for any of this? he sets up awesome pressings of shit we want put out and gives us the heads up on it, to think that he is in the plant hand pressing them would be completely retarded

a proof of the actual jacket should absolutely be checked by someone whether it be at the printers or by the customer, before an entire run is created

are we supposed to accept that vinyl has gotten the point where its just another mass produced thing that no one cares about and there's no quality control? isn't the good thing about these limited pressings, that they are something that SOMEONE cares about?

a proof of the actual jacket should absolutely be checked by someone whether it be at the printers or by the customer, before an entire run is created

This is something that only happens if you're willing to pay extra. It's tough to meet those types of challenges while keeping the cost reasonable for everyone.

Universal wants a huge chunk for the exclusivity to HT, and then if you want bonus songs it's gonna cost extra. Want them mastered at half speed for extra clarity? That's more. Want a physical proof for the print work? Yeah, you get the point.

People were already sensitive about the $20 price tag, and sadly we can't have it all.