THRICE-TAITA2xLP repress RED vinyl pics

The artwork for this has been fixed and should look really good on the upcoming repress.

Any word or idea of what color variant that may be on?

Not yet.

Checking prices on clear w/ green splatter and green/white swirl and if the pricing works out Ill do one of those. If not Ill do another single opaque color. Most likely a redish-orange like the insert.

No, sorry.

so the initial pressing gets shipped out with what is essentially a defect, one that you were aware of on top of it, and to get a non fucked up copy hot topic will make people buy it all over again. awesome!

I believe I mentioned multiple times that this has a pixelated cover well before this went on sale anywhere and that if it was going to be an issue then to not waste your time or money getting a copy. I wasnt sure if Id be able to get Universal to fix this or not and I was so going forward the pixelation will be corrected. Im not running a label where I have extra jackets laying around that I can ship out to people.

No, sorry.

so the initial pressing gets shipped out with what is essentially a defect, one that you were aware of on top of it, and to get a non fucked up copy hot topic will make people buy it all over again. awesome!

read this thread first.

second dunk your head in a toilet

third contact universal about it

fourth cry in your corner and print your own sleeve from your non pixelated tears

so I did say way back when I could not believe this went out like it did and that someone along the lines had not changed it. that was the extent of my comments on the cover. note that once travis saw it was already printed and ready for the stores. other than getting it pressed and requesting it to be done it is not like he is pulling the strings on the whole thing.

regardless what he does everyone will never be pleased its just the way it is. he could give em all away for free and someone would protest they don't need no stinking charity. just be happy and content, it's one fucking record not anything life changing like a pacemaker or someone built your house wrong and out of legos.

it says at the top of that auction

"This listing has ended. The seller has relisted this item or one like this."

That just means it's the same product. It says this anytime a person sells a record and then lists another copy of the same title. If he pulled the auction without it selling, the price would be red instead of green and it wouldn't say sold.

I believe I mentioned multiple times that this has a pixelated cover well before this went on sale anywhere and that if it was going to be an issue then to not waste your time or money getting a copy. I wasnt sure if Id be able to get Universal to fix this or not and I was so going forward the pixelation will be corrected. Im not running a label where I have extra jackets laying around that I can ship out to people.

Plus you even said that if these sold quickly (which obviously they were going to) you said there would be another almost immediate repress. So no one on this board should be pissed at Travis for this. That's ridiculous.

I'm bummed/disappointed about the cover, but don't blame you one bit for that.

I for one, thank you for the effort you've put into this and am glad that I can even own my favorite Thrice album on vinyl now. And the fact that you've constantly posted updates from start to finish should be commended.

And finally, you didn't even have to mention the cover issues beforehand, but still did.

But haters gonna hate.

Only moderately bummed about having (more like wanting) to buy this again. I'll live.

Then don't

I was mostly making a comment about the 15 posts above me by others about how butt hurt they are. Moderately bummed, and I'll live. Meaning I don't mind that much and I'm not gonna complain and demand some sort of reconciliation from Travis/Hot Topic/Universal/whoever else. If I want the better sleeve (which I do), then I'll spend another measly 20 bucks to buy it.

Thanks for trying to be a dick though.

most businesses don't sell products that have defects, and if they do, they usually correct it at little to no additional cost to consumers. things would be different if the jackets were not getting fixed to get rid of the pixellation, but since they are customers should be able to get a replacement jacket from either Hot Topic or Universal/Island at no additional cost if they choose to. it also begs the question of how jackets with such bad pixellation managed to get approved and sent into mass production.

and just for the record i didn't buy this because i have a copy from the first pressing.

I forgot records were for framing. This defect sure fucks it up! Also didn't know there were music on these things!

Ok here's a list of stores that still had this in stock at end of day yesterday

MALL CITY STATE

Wiregrass Commons Mall Dothan AL

Irvine Spectrum Irvine CA

Vintage Faire Mall Modesto CA

Chula Vista Center Chula Vista CA

Plaza Camino Real Carlsbad CA

Chapel Hills Mall Colorado Springs CO

Connecticut Post Mall Milford CT

Danbury Fair Danbury CT

Regency Square Jacksonville FL

Orange Park Mall Orange Park FL