best buy decreasing vinyl selection?

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn they have Incubus's latest record available for $1.99, but only for pick up at one of the few stores it's actually available in. AKA, nowhere near me.

I would have seriously bought that 50 cent Slipknot record if there were any left. Just to say I bought a 50 cent Slipknot record. But alas, they are sold out.

less then 10 albums left in the depford nj store. kinna sad.
yeah i went to the vinyl "section" at the only best buy near me that has one and it was one shelf with a bunch of pink floyd box sets and one copy of in utero.

That Pink Floyd box set is filled with CDs and DVDs, as are most of the box sets sold in that section. I work in a BBY and they have fooled me on a number of occasions as I walked past them since they are LP-sized. The really funny thing (if you're referring to the Wish You Were Here box set sold in most stores) is that the dude on the front of it is pictured holding an LP in his hand, yet the sticker on it clearly states it's filled with CDs.

Out of the 5 or 6 different box sets in that area in our store, only 1 has LPs, I think it's either The Who or a U2 collection.

yeah i went to the vinyl "section" at the only best buy near me that has one and it was one shelf with a bunch of pink floyd box sets and one copy of in utero.

That Pink Floyd box set is filled with CDs and DVDs, as are most of the box sets sold in that section. I work in a BBY and they have fooled me on a number of occasions as I walked past them since they are LP-sized. The really funny thing (if you're referring to the Wish You Were Here box set sold in most stores) is that the dude on the front of it is pictured holding an LP in his hand, yet the sticker on it clearly states it's filled with CDs.

Out of the 5 or 6 different box sets in that area in our store, only 1 has LPs, I think it's either The Who or a U2 collection.

ha. i went in there because i was curious about what they actually had...whenever i'd check "store pickup" on ANY album it'd say "not available." and i can see why that is now.

was looking for wrecking ball and noticed that they had WOAD for only 11.99 shipped, but for some reason Magic was 79.99. As far as I know there was never a deluxe/special edition release of it.

they have set a lot of the vinyl at crazy high prices now. no clue why.

Yup some if the vinyl I bought at 4.99 to 6.99 are now priced at over 30 bucks. Crazy