What's your best find?

I found an original pressing of Propagandhi's How to clean everything in an old record store on my road about 8 years ago.

A freind of mine found the Strung Out/Jugheads revenge 7"split on Blue in a beat up bargain bin out side a record store in London for £3.00. He gave it to me for free :-)

The Lillingtons "Death By Television" at a local Charleston record store for 6 or 7$. At the time, didn't know the band, how rare it was, and what it was worth, I just saw what record label it was on, knowing it was a punk label, and decided to pick it up because it was cheap. Finding this record sparked my love for both the Lillingtons and Teenage Bottlerocket. Definately best find so far. 2nd best was two dutch pressings of Beatles 45's for 1$ a piece at an estate sale. It turned out that the family had moved to the area from Germany, so they had a bunch of stuff from Europe.

A record store near my highschool went out of business when I was a freshman and the guy sold every record for a max of $1 a piece. Unfortunately I wasn't into music much at the time and probably missed out on so many good finds. I wish I could go back in time and give myself a couple thousand bucks and clear that place out haha. Still got a few Who, Deep Purple, and Queen records for cheap.

Most recent score that could very well be my best: The Mercury Program - A Data Learn The Language. Everywhere you look it runs between $75-$100. I had just scored a $32 SEALED copy of From The Vapor of Gasoline on discogs only to on a whim google ADLTL and find it for 19ppd on Amazon marketplace. It showed up well packed and only showing very minimal discoloration/dirt on the jacket sides (white jacket, go fig') and a minor manufacturing defect which causes a pretty pronounced single pop (no skip though!) on one portion of the whole album which is otherwise NEARLY as noiseless as the CD.

Those two combined in a matter of 4 days. Pretty fuckin' score-worthy!

Now if anyone here has a S/T or Confines of Heat Maserati split they want to part with, shit would get pretty real.

I bought Rise Against "Revolutions Per Minute" on red vinyl at Ebay with buy it now for $25 a couple years ago. Couldn't believe it but I got it!

As far as in a record store I found a used copy of Primus Frizzle Fry on yellow vinyl for $5.

Nice find on that Primus Frizzle Fry for $5, i got a black 180 gram of that record for $15, love primus!

Not sure if the internet counts as a find, but hey.

Common- Like Water For Chocolate -DJ Promo copy

Buy it now for 13 bucks.. NM condition. I've seen this bitch go for over a hundo. Great album.

In terms of record stores.. pageninetynine's doc #8 1st press yellow for 5 bucks, Freewheelin Bob Dylan- Mono 1st press and Beatles- Rubber Soul Mono 1st Press for 10 bucks each (holy shitballs happy about that), Hot Cross- A New Set Of Lungs EP for 4 bucks (not too rare but you never see it in shops..)

All of these, plus a shitty USB TT that I gave away for $60 on my local Craigslist

Anti-Flag - Mobilize

Anti-Flag - Underground Network

Anti-Flag - The Terror State - grey marble - /220

Anti-Flag - For Blood And Empire - pic disc

Black Flag - The First Four Years

Choking Victim - No Gods / No Managers

Dr. Dre - The Chronic

Dropkick Murphys - Blackout

Electric Eel Shock - Go U.S.A. - clear blue

Electric Eel Shock - Beat Me - red marble

Every Time I Die - 3 LP Box Set

Fall Out Boy - Infinity on High - pic disc

Gorillaz - Demon Days

Hot Hot Heat - Make Up The Breakdown

Iron Maiden - Killers - pic disc

Iron Maiden - Number Of The Beast -

Lars Frederiksen & The Bastards - S/T

Leftover Crack - Mediocre Generica

Leftover Crack / Citizen Fish - Deadline

Modest Mouse -King Rat

Panic! At The Disco – A Fever you can’t sweat out

Rancid - And Out Come The Wolves

Rancid - Radio, Radio, Radio

Sepultura - Arise - 2X LP

She Wants Revenge - S/T

The Casualties - Under Attack - white

The Misfits - Static Age

The Offspring -Ixnay On The Hombre

Tiger Army - III: Ghost Tigers Rise

This will probably mean nothing to people here, but me and a buddy were at a swapmeet and came upon a collection of rare soul and jazz. When I pulled out a sealed copy of a Mike James Kirkland record I nearly crapped myself. Sold it for $200 later. We talked to the old couple and they said they had more at their house. We went to their house and went nuts. Original and sealed copies of Blue Note and Prestige records by Jackie McClean, Miles Davis, Grant Green, Lou Donaldson, etc... One of those once in a lifetime scores. Still have most of it.

Yesterday i found a Sealed copy of Jack's Mannequin - Everything In Transit (First Press) for $25 at Amoeba, i think this is the greatest Gem ive found yet, this put me at just one 7" away from completing my JM collection, if anyones got Holiday for Real 7" (Picture Disc) hit me up! im just so glad i found this at such a great fucking price. :)

2071e8j.jpg

2r5xjkg.jpg