Dumbass Questions While Working in Customer Servic

oh my.... hmmm..... i don't even know where to start. goddamn. well i work at a pet store. the following are all real:

Do you have a food that will make my cat die faster?

Do you sell coyote urine?

Where can I find mink oil?

I need a mouse trap. Where can I find a mouse trap? Oh you don't have them? What about the sticky paper? No? Not even poison?

Theres a dead animal on the road. Do you guys clean that up?

I found a litter of kittens under my deck. Can I ditch them here?

I got a boxing day email on xmas eve. I was eating dinner with my family. How DARE your company send me an email on xmas eve. It made my blackberry ding and it was completely inappropriate. I'm going to file a complaint to head office.

Do you offer training classes for cats?

My 3 month old maltese puppy is teething and chewing on everything. Should I muzzle him or put him on a zap collar?

AND MOST RECENTLY:

customer: i was wondering if you have time to spay or neuter my dog today.

me: no sir, thats surgery. you need to go to a vet for that.

customer: oh. well how long does it take? I have work in an hour.

me: you need to call your vet and book an appointment. its major surgery. your dog will be at the vet all day.

customer: but you groom dogs here....

me: surgery and haircuts are two very different things.

customer: what is better spaying or neutering? i can't decide which route to go.

me: ........ (walks away)

Good stuff Nicole

I work in TV at a Documentary Company. The number of cold calls we get is insane but my favorite was Drunk Johnny:

DJ: Hi, I want you to put me on TV.

Me: Well, if you have a concept you'd like me to review...

DJ: (Interrupting) No, that's your Job - I'm a great actor.

Me: Well, can you send me a link to your reel?

DJ: I don't have a reel.

Me: Have you been in anything I'd know?

DJ: No, I haven't been in anything yet.

Me: How do you know you're a great actor?

DJ: (Angry) I just know asshole. That's it. Are you going to put me on TV?

Me: Let me talk to my boss...

I thought it was a prank at first but he called back a few time, dude was just drunk all the time and found us via google somehow. I've saved some of his voicemails to share once in a while.

I also used to develop film in college - that brought out the crazies for sure.

I work in a local sandwich shop:

Customer: So do you guys sell anything but hamburgers here?

Me: Well we stopped selling hamburgers a month ago. We only do oil changes and tranny rebuilds? And on tuesdays we have a psychic do palm readings.

totally puzzled as shit customer then walks away.

Just for anyones info. the company i work for has been in business about 35 years in the Austin area. they have never once sold hamburgers. nor is there any hamburger listed on the 15'x5' menu above our heads. If you ask a stupid question you'll usually get a stupid answer from anyone working there.

Customer: I'll take a BMT (subway sandwich) on honey oat, toasted and a large coke.

Me: We don't sell BMT's. that's subway, nor do we toast our bread. And we do not serve Honey Oat.

Customer: Well you did last wed when i came in.

Me: No man, we don't do that, nor have we ever, and i worked last wed and i assure you we didn't have a toaster then nor before that, nor will we have one in the near future.

Customer: Then explain why you toasted my BMT, which you do sell because i bought it here, last week.

Me: Well, maam, to tell you the truth, we have a cookie (i called it a toaster) oven here, and i'll be more than happy to toast your bread for you if you'd like. I apologize for the misunderstanding.

Customer: Ok. then, i'll take a BMT toasted on Honey Oat.

Me: Ok, well first you will need to go get the honey oat bread from subway, and the pepperoni. we have never had pepperoni here in the 5 years i've worked. once you bring that in, i can make one for you, but since we only have a cookie oven, i can make it there, but it's gonna be about 35 minutes to bake and heat the meat since we don't have a high pressure baking oven like subway or quiznos.

She got pissed and walked out. The next day i was told by my manager that i threatened her with violence and that she's positive we baked our bread there, even after the owner of the company told her none of the stores are capable of 1. baking bread, 2. having pepperoni on stock to make a BMT 3. don't serve a BMT and that is strictly a SUBWAY sandwich 4.) have honey oat bread.

I was not reprimanded in any way.

People are generally stupid, but some of you guys fail at customer service.

For example, instead of using sarcasm and making her feel stupid, why didn't you take the more gentle approach?

Something like, I'm sorry ma'am we don't have this sandwich here, but let me recommend something somewhat similar or an item that our customers generally enjoy.

I agree that stupid people are frustrating but you're not doing the business you work for any good by arguing with her. Seriously, had I been your manager, even though that bitch was being thick headed and moronic, I would've reprimanded you for your poor customer service.

The customer's always right. If you don't like it, go work in the back at McDonald's putting meat between two buns.

People are generally stupid, but some of you guys fail at customer service.

For example, instead of using sarcasm and making her feel stupid, why didn't you take the more gentle approach?

Something like, I'm sorry ma'am we don't have this sandwich here, but let me recommend something somewhat similar or an item that our customers generally enjoy.

I agree that stupid people are frustrating but you're not doing the business you work for any good by arguing with her. Seriously, had I been your manager, even though that bitch was being thick headed and moronic, I would've reprimanded you for your poor customer service.

The customer's always right. If you don't like it, go work in the back at McDonald's putting meat between two buns.

we're awesome at customer service, which is probably why for a sandwich shop worker we average $9 an hour in tips on top of our regular pay.

i correct people all the time. i usually do it in a polite manner as well. but when you're completely ignorant and fail to comprehend that we do not do what you just said, and insist we do, i will not hesitate to play along with you. i say stupid shit all the time, and i will totally apologize if someone corrects me and that usually eases the situation.

i am a total asshole to customers. i tell them to hurry up because i don't have all day, or i call them lady or jr. i whine about the lines being too long, or tell them it's gonna be an hour before i can help them. it's all done in a humorous manner, and that's why customers come back, we may be total jerks, but we do it with a humorous attitude. we bs with them in line, ask them how their day is and thank them. most know we aren't being serious with our overthetop rudeness. but some are completely oblivious to stuff and we play on that. we are more than happy to help or suggest stuff in most cases. but that lady was completely adamant (and rude) about us doing what we didn't do even after i told her repeatedly. Not to mention the owner corrected her as well. he did not offer to give her coupons, nor did he offer anything. especially since i apparently threatened her. you can't take those people seriously for any reason whatsoever.

if you walk in to a best buy and insist they sold you 8 track player 2 weeks ago, and you are unyielding and show no signs of aging or dementia, you're gonna get made fun of in a polite manner.

the customer is not always right. who ever follows that mentality is a fool. anyone who's worked in retail or customer service knows that.

also this is austin. we don't have a gentle approach. this city is full of educated people who can comprehend the difference between going to a subway and our sandwich shop. even the customers who witnessed the whole thing were shaking their heads at that lady and laughing at her when she left. not to mention one customer said "come again!". but he was a regular and is always awesome.

"Oh you work for Progressive?"

"Nah...I just stole the truck I drive around in all day long..."

Juan, do you work with anyone with the last name Fink? My cousin works for Progressive in south florida also.

Also, had a blond girl come into the sub shop this weekend. Has a full sub club card good for a giant sub or 2 regulars so she says do I have to use the whole card or can I just use half of it? So I said you can get one regular now and get another one another time. She says "I'll take a giant #7."

Also, had a blond girl come into the sub shop this weekend. Has a full sub club card good for a giant sub or 2 regulars so she says do I have to use the whole card or can I just use half of it? So I said you can get one regular now and get another one another time. She says "I'll take a giant #7."

Jersey Mikes?

i work at lowes but not really in a specific department.

well i was working in a paint aisle and a lady asked if i work in the paint department.

me:no i don't but maybe i can answer your question.

lady: i need help with paint.

me: how can i help you.

lady: i need help with paint.

me: what's your question....maybe i can help you

lady: (she is angry for some reason and says) i need help in the paint department.