Discogs hagglers

Whats up with this new trend. especially people outside of the US

I have all my discogs listings with make offers. They will offer you 5 dollars for a record set at 20 and then berate you when you decline it. They also want shipping for like 5 bucks.

If I accepted most of these offers after fees and true shipping costs I would break even.

Honestly, this hasn't happened to me on Discogs, but happens quite often when i try to sell things on here. i usually just sell things for what i bought them for, though.

Don't allow offers and ask what you really want for it

I have all my discogs listings with make offers. They will offer you 5 dollars for a record set at 20 and then berate you when you decline it. They also want shipping for like 5 bucks.

If I accepted most of these offers after fees and true shipping costs I would break even.

So why don't you just bump the prices a bit? Not that $5 is a fair offer, but if you are listing at $20 and probably looking for 15-20, you'd be better off listing at 25 or 30 so you've got more room to play with.

Or like others said just price it at what you'll accept and leave it at that.

i dont think its allowed unless you change the listing. i thought it was a one time only offer

You are right. You can't make another offer once yours has been declined unless the seller changes the price. I agree though if someone list something for $30 and wants $27 for it then why bother even giving the option for best offer.

My best story on Discogs was a guy who sent an offer of $1 on a record I had listed for almost $200, he then proceeded to berate me via email about my price and how no one will buy this record from me at that price in the most disrespectful way possible. I sent him a message back saying that's fine they don't have to get it at that price they can just make a reasonable offer and I would consider it, but I also mentioned I didn't really want to sell it anyway because it holds too much sentimental value to me, and I'd be fine if no one ever made an offer on it.

This was his response: "ha its all good. I'm just jealous cause i totally want it and I'm also totally throwing stones in a glass house. just some innocent internet badgering after a few drinks. don't mind me."

What a tool. I just can't understand jokers like this, probably because I'm not some elitist dick throwing out ridiculous offers and insinuations when I know they'll be immediately rejected. And all because I think I "deserve" a record at a certain price.

I'm in agreement with the OP, If you want a record that bad make a legit offer on it or GTFO and stop wasting everyone's time

aren't you as much a joker when listing items you don't really want to sell?

not really. everything has its price.

Exactly. I mean, I really really love this album and I know I'll never be able to get it again if I sell it... but it's like if someone offers that number you just can't turn down, especially because my family has just fallen on some pretty hard times and I've had to sell some treasured vinyl to make extra $$ on the side ... It's like when someone offered me $165 for FOT doppelganger first press, I just couldn't turn it down, and I didn't really intend to sell that when I listed it. I don't know, random thinking. I'm taking the item in question down soon anyway.

I've never really even had to sell my beloveds like this before so admittedly I'm not very good at parting with the gems. I guess that might make me a joker :-/

This happened to me. Seller was away so apparently couldn't accept the offer, though was able to log on to tell me this ???

Eh, what do I care as long as I get my record.

So, ask them for their e-mail address and send a request for money through PayPal? Skips the Discogs fees, you still have 'protection' from PayPal, you get your money, they get their record....

not really. everything has its price.

Exactly. I mean, I really really love this album and I know I'll never be able to get it again if I sell it... but it's like if someone offers that number you just can't turn down, especially because my family has just fallen on some pretty hard times and I've had to sell some treasured vinyl to make extra $$ on the side ... It's like when someone offered me $165 for FOT doppelganger first press, I just couldn't turn it down, and I didn't really intend to sell that when I listed it. I don't know, random thinking. I'm taking the item in question down soon anyway.

I've never really even had to sell my beloveds like this before so admittedly I'm not very good at parting with the gems. I guess that might make me a joker :-/

You can't blaim people for that.

You list items at $200 you don't really want to sell except you have a good offer.

Some dudes make low offer cause they don't really need it except they have a really good deal.

Plus if someone buy it from you, you would probably be the 1st to post in thread like "things I regret" in a few weeks.

Just keep or sell, don't play.