mewithoutYou - Ten Stories

same here. I REALLY wish that Floating World got pressed.

I don't know how we got on to a Anathallo tangent on a MWOU post, BUT I agree Floating World is in my opinion one of the most unheard, unknown, under-rated albums of the last 10 years. Remembering and looking at my CD package of this album I think if someone replicated that, they could have a pretty sweet package that I think enough of us would buy. Who do we bug to get this pressed?!

Akissforjersey is another that would fit in that category

Man, that is quite the throwback. Haven't listened to/heard about this band in many years.

I would love to see FLoating World, but even more I wish they would press Anathallogy(Sparrows and Luminous). My floating world cd is nearly destroyed. All of the cool artwork started coming apart and fraying after just a few weeks.

Also, any "Good Christian Band" thread shouldnt rest without mentioning Beloved, even though it shouldnt be necessary

I'd love to own some Anathallo LPs. Shame that only their weakest album was pressed. Maybe they'd still sell because of the Andrew Dost/fun. connection?

I know the guys pretty well. A label in Chicago was going to press Floating World - but it turned out they (the label) didn't really have their stuff together and so it never happened.

If there was enough interest, I could check into it. I wanted to press Holiday at the Sea a few years ago, but we were just worried about lack of sales and recouping enough to actually make it worth it.

I would buy one million copies of Holiday at the Sea.

Every time Floating World is brought up there seems to be a surprising amount of interest. I'm sure a run of 500 or so would be able to break even, I know I'd pay a lot of money for a copy.

i think floating world would do fine, but i think it should've been pressed years ago.

also, its weird that anathallo decided to just disappear.

Saw them in Baltimore a couple of weeks ago. They played three new songs, all more along the lines of "foxes" and "brother/sister". Can't wait to hear the rest of this album, especially if they get back to their old sound a little bit. Even though I'm one of the few who liked "It's All Crazy" all the way through.

As far as i know, they aren't on a label currently. Their contract with T&N ended with the last album. Stoked for the pre-order, but i'm going to wait until they officially announce details.

Dates:

5/17 – Washington, DC @ Black Cat

5/18 – Charlotte, NC @ Amos’ Southend

5/19 – Columbia, SC @ New Brookland Tavern

5/21 – Birmingham, AL @ WorkPlay Theatre

5/22 – Nashville, TN @ Rocketown

5/24 – Oklahoma City, OK @ ACM@UCO

5/25 – San Antonio, TX @ White Rabbit

5/26 – Dallas, TX @ The Door

5/28 – Little Rock, AR @ Downtown Music Hall

5/29 – Springfield, MO @ Outland Ballroom

5/30 – Omaha, NE @ The Waiting Room