Are we over the whole "Daisy Sucks" thing?

I get that Devil and God is a better album, but Daisy is no slouch. Is it because it was pressed in a large quantity and only on boring black vinyl? Or are you over Brand New because "they were cool in high school, but now that I'm older they are lame."

Do you still have beef with Daisy?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"they were cool in high school, but now that I'm older they are lame."

My opinion: Deja Entendu definitely struck me at a good time and will be an album that's timeless in my opinion, likely because I have some nice nostalgia when I listen to the album. My first listen through TDAG I didn't overly like it but it did grow on me after a few listens, similarly for daisy but I think it's still got some growing to do... Not a huge fan but I wouldn't say anything Brand New has put out "sucks", I just might not "prefer it as much" if that makes sense? :)

With that though maybe it's not being able to identify as much since we are getting older and deja entendu is going on... 10 years old now? (wow)

It's not my favorite album of theirs...but I don't hate it either. I dig the music...it's a bit more aggressive and angrier to an extent. I still rather enjoy it very much.

This to an extent. I liked the music but a lot of the lyrics just do not do anything for me.

i almost have to listen to it from start to finish.. other than Sink, it doesnt really have any tracks that hold up well on their own.

but as a whole, ive never not liked the album. i get why people dont, but im still gonna jam to it. i also dont consider my liking of it to fall under "brand new can do no wrong".