Any Mad Men fans on here?

I haven't gotten shipping confirm yet and ordered 45 minutes after this was posted here. What I find odd is if this really sold that fast, why did Insound include them as available in their Tuesday news letter? If this one doesn't work out I doubt I'll cry. This was a novelty at best, an intersection of vinyl and Mad Men that covered two of my current pop-culture passions. C'est La Vie.

I haven't gotten shipping confirm yet and ordered 45 minutes after this was posted here. What I find odd is if this really sold that fast, why did Insound include them as available in their Tuesday news letter? If this one doesn't work out I doubt I'll cry. This was a novelty at best, an intersection of vinyl and Mad Men that covered two of my current pop-culture passions. C'est La Vie.

Maybe mine was not accurate and they are all delayed from the plant or pressed by MTS or something.

^ I don't think anyone was really all that pissed unless you read the comment section. Thats the only scene I missed honestly but from what I read I wouldn't find it much offensive as accurate. That's basically what this whole series is about.

id seen comments on various blogs and stuff the next day with people criticizing that. because i spent monday morning reading every review i could find.

And a response

Hello Damian,

I apologize for the delay responding to your message. We will be receiving more of theses 7"s. Unfortunately, our distributor only shipped a partial portion of our order to us earlier this week. The rest of our order should arrive at the end of this week and the beginning of next week. I am sorry for the wait on this item. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns.Have a good day, -John

Good to know. Thanks for posting the update.

And about the opening scene/Times article: people love to be self-righteous. Anyone who's upset at that particular scene has no idea about the level the show creators go to in order to maintain historical accuracy. Feeling uneasy with yourself because a television show depicting actual racism that happened 50 years ago is nothing more than first world problem. People are crazy.

Good to know. Thanks for posting the update.

And about the opening scene/Times article: people love to be self-righteous. Anyone who's upset at that particular scene has no idea about the level the show creators go to in order to maintain historical accuracy. Feeling uneasy with yourself because a television show depicting actual racism that happened 50 years ago is nothing more than first world problem. People are crazy.

This is true I always feel that so many critics are too busy nitpicking. I'm all for criticism it's just that this type seems hollow. The show is really unlike anything else on TV. Between mad men, breaking bad, community, and archer there is really no excuse not to be watching tv these days. Tv is better than movies right now.

Pardon me if these are stupid questions, but Joan's baby isn't Roger's, right? The doc came home and gave it to her in between seasons? Or did she not go through with the abortion?

Also, seems a little cheap to end last season with them teetering on the brink of a financial meltdown and then at the start of this season it is business as usual.

"there's my baby!" - roger. yes, its his. which has a lot to do with why shes such a mess.

and theyre totally still on the brink of financial meltdown.. there were several mentions of their lack of stability throughout the episode.

I remember Joan going to a doctor, I guess she never went through with it. But then shouldn't the Doc know that it isn't his? I thought the timing of the pregnancy would have made this clear. Does he not know she had a kid?

This is what I get for watching the whole series in a couple weeks on Netflix. Doesn't stick as well than when watched an episode a week.

And yes, they alluded to financial troubles. I thought the end of the last season didn't have a "we are pretty broke and need to cut costs" feel as this has started with, it had a "our firm is facing an imminent financial meltdown and we are all screwed" feel.

I remember Joan going to a doctor, I guess she never went through with it. But then shouldn't the Doc know that it isn't his? I thought the timing of the pregnancy would have made this clear. Does he not know she had a kid?

i'm assuming she's just going to fudge the facts and tell him the baby arrived late or something. she got pregnant 7 wks after he left and he wasn't around when it was born. back then dads weren't nearly as involved in details like that or even really doing much childcare as they are now so it's possible he wouldn't even give it much thought.

as for the 7", i ordered the black copy a little bit after this thread was posted and got a shipping notice but i'm not sure if it's for the full order or just another LP i grabbed while ordering the 7". i guess i'll find out on tuesday when it gets here...

Finally caught up on Mad Men and now regret ordering this. That song was terrible. Stupid blind allegiances to TV Programs just cost me $10. No one told me it was a joke to everyone on the show.

I think that's why it was such an unusual piece to press as a 7".

I honestly think this will be the worst record I own. I probably won't put it with the rest of my 7"s in case someone I respect flips through my boxes. I don't want my taste in music to be judged by this turd.

ive been avoiding this thread because i hadnt caught up on sundays episode.

can we get off the damn 7" already, and just have mad men discussion?

either way, there is now.

new episode certainly didnt illicit nearly as much geeking out as the last one. the only big things that really carried over from last week were how awesome harry is, and pete being one hell of a motherfucker.