IVWT Banned?

HEY IM NOT INVOLVED AT ALL! BUT I HAVE MUCH TO SAY. FUCK PEOPLE AND OTHER PEOPLE ARE AWESOME! I HAVE STRONG FEELINGS ABOUT THINGS I READ ON A MESSAGEBOARD THAT ARE MOSTLY CONJECTURE.

ALSO I FEEL I HAVE THE RIGHT TO FEEL A CERTAIN WAY BECAUSE I AM FUCKING ENTITLED. SO GET OVER IT!

fuck this scene.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO there is a wealth of knowledge on here from some of the old threads and just stuff in general.

"Wealth of knowledge..." LOL!

Most people do not like change.

Most people are idiots and will follow the flock...that's exactly what happened with TV when Virgilgate went down.

I set up an account on TV last night but it's not moving terribly fast. Some folks from here are posting over on my board too - and while there's vinyl talk to be had, there's talk about life in general and everything else too. I like VC a lot, but I've never understood the idea of being loyal and sticking to JUST one board - the internet's big, surely folks like more than just records (perish the thought)

IMO there is a wealth of knowledge on here from some of the old threads and just stuff in general.

"Wealth of knowledge..." LOL!

Most people do not like change.

Most people are idiots and will follow the flock...that's exactly what happened with TV when Virgilgate went down.

Lol, I am far from an exceptional writer, and most times thinker. Yeah I more meant it as like the pressing info, funny threads, crazy shit, and stuff like that. Agree on the second one that majority are followers and you may be correct that many would follow, probably some sort of variant joke.

Agree on the second one that majority are followers and you may be correct that many would follow, probably some sort of variant joke.

I know for sure. When TV started up it had tons of potential, but eventually everyone realized this place wasn't going anywhere so the majority flocked right back over here.

I stick around here to sell stuff and make fun of morons, and go to VLV for good music talk...and to make fun of VC. N&B is pretty cool as well.

At the end of the day these are just distros and not record labels, people who essentially flip records for a living, so inherently there's probably going to be some shadiness on both sides.

If you actually believe this then you clearly have a downright stunted understanding of even the most basic economics. I'm surprised you've made it this far in your life without forgetting to look both ways crossing a street.

At the end of the day these are just distros and not record labels, people who essentially flip records for a living, so inherently there's probably going to be some shadiness on both sides.

If you actually believe this then you clearly have a downright stunted understanding of even the most basic economics. I'm surprised you've made it this far in your life without forgetting to look both ways crossing a street.

LOL!

Yep this gets a +1

Hey, guys! I just got back from a trip out West where I found a fucking sealed copy of that Compulsion record that's been in my sig for 5 years! And for only $10! What's new around he- HOLY FUCKING SHIT.

I always feel obligated to post on this shit and the obvious message board response to that kind of statement is, "no one gives a fuck you don't even have 2 stars and your handle sounds gay." But the reason I feel obligated to post is because I feel like this is a legit community of like-minded people and I feel like I'm a part of it. This is the only board on which I ever bothered to have a login for a reason. So. My thoughts, as a Veteran of Virgil Wars. All IMO. Feel free to ignore.

1. For whatever reason (which we, the public, may never know), SRC banned a dude who they thought was stealing their business, which he probably was because, as Mike Birbiglia said about "choosing" airlines: "If it was $.07 cheaper, I'd have flown on a kite." Scott nailed it with his free shipping post, too.

2. SRC "took over" this board so they get to ban who they want, even if it's short-sighted and will lose them support among the only real community that matters in terms of their client base. That they "run" the board is most certainly a misuse of the word since there aren't even real display ads on it anymore. They probably had some grand plans to do something bigger with it but they're too busy running a distro. But it's still Vinyl Collective. When it becomes the Shop Radio Cast Forum, no one will post on it anymore and they know that. Banning other distros is, at the very least, walking the line and at worst, crossing it.

3. IVWT shouldn't have responded or posted anything on Facebook about it. It's not that big of a deal to not be on this board since everyone would immediately have noticed his departure and looked into it. He won't lose any business over not posting his records here. We all know how to get in touch with SRC and IVWT outside of this board.

4. We all kind of like the occasional drama here and we shouldn't pretend not to. It's where good GIFs get their wings. Just let the people who stoke it do their thing, partake in what you like and ignore what you don't. Just like at an orgy.

5. On my trip, I also snagged a copy of the Sarge record for $4! I didn't even know it was on vinyl!

One more thing, this thread now beats the Jack White tri-color one for thread with the most sandy vaginas. I thought nothing could top that one.

I have never ordered from either place before, and after sifting through 13 pages of childish arguing and finger pointing, I'm not about to change the fact that I've never bought something from SRC and I'll likely avoid the other guy too for being a part of the whole thing.

If it was me, I'd have just taken the money and shipped the order. Who gives a shit who it was going to, IVWT would have gotten his money for selling the records. The whole banning and removing posts, etc just reeks of junior high school too, SRC should have just tracked down the records elsewhere.

Wow, you guys are singling out and focusing in on the one detail of my post that I feel was most irrelevant to the point I was trying to make. I was merely trying to say that you can't change people's already formulated opinions by coming on the board and calling them sillies. You have to introduce new facts which (it seems) neither side is going to do at this point. That's all.

As for my comment, victimofadriveby hit the nail on the head, I don't know very well how distros operate, I just know they buy records from one place and sell them in another and I'm assuming they don't lose money in the process. It really had nothing to do with what I was posting or saying about either distro. So smite me for my ignorance if you must, really it's just lesson learned to not come on the VC drama threads anymore.

var ads = new Array("300x250-1.png","300x250-2.png","300x250-3.png");

var num = Math.floor(Math.random()*ads.length);

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

{

if(Math.floor(Math.random()*2) == 0)

document.write('+':840wsd37]ProBoards Free Forums');

else

document.write('+':840wsd37]ProBoards Free Forums');

}

else

{

document.write('ProBoards Free Forums');

}

ProBoards Free Forums

No clue why but Im going to email or call Jenna tomorrow and see what the fuck is up. Ive never said anything bad about SRC except that I didnt think they should have banned IVWT. I even said Ive had nothing but great experiences with them personally when ordering from their site. This is bullshit.

according to TV, travis has been banned as well.

Just read this on his facebook, what the fuck is going on around here lately?

Watch your back lol.