IVWT Banned?

Quick, to the N00dzcollective board.

nips or gtfo.

not understanding why people order from a distro is silly. better prices (in most cases), one large shipment > many single orders, variety of selection, sometimes the last place to find it once a label sells out. so many reasons. plus it's good business getting your releases in distribution and reaching a larger audience that isn't necessarily being covered by buying label direct. I'm all for buying directly from TRL, No Idea, Mylene Sheath, etc. I try to encourage it all the time, but a distro works for picking up a bunch of older releases you may have missed as well. as long as the label is getting paid, I don't see the problem in it at all.

when a record is 2 variants (color and black), it's kind of cool to get a color. when it's fucking 3-5 variants per release, and another 2-4 each repress, it's severely out of hand. I wish people would stop trying to collect them all. each variant I sell, I feel better that it's going towards another record. I still have so many more to pawn off. it's so easy to get caught up in it, I understand the mentality. I moreso wish labels would stop catering to variant hoarders.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This board seems like mostly teenagers who buy records to hang up the wall, and get all giddy over mainstream represses on stupid new colors. It didn't used to be like that. There was occasional alt country horseshit, but not threads about the latest super cool pirates press triple gatefold, with built in fleshlight that is limited to 100 on plaid vinyl for 60 bucks+. I think the downfall started when Reinventing Axl Rose was getting repressed twice a week, and people had all 963 variants.

Reinventing Axl Rose has been pressed on a million colors since it came out, and it's usually just leftover random colors arbitrarily numbered and named. Var definitely doesn't cater to the collector mindset beyond providing pressing information. The bullshit truly started when entire pressings of mediocre records sold out in preorder on the strength of their "limited edition" appeal, and the waves of $25 reissues people bought "for nostalgia's sake" started coming in. I think the low point for me was when represses of 311 and Dream Theatre were met with enthusiasm. The problem is for all the morons and ap.net users that have joined, there's a lot of cool people here still, and it's hard to get people to migrate to another board. There have been 1003 active users in the last 24 hours on here. No independent upstart board is going to have anything close to that anytime soon, and it's no fun to log onto a board and find only 10 or so new posts in the last day.

Around here, the 311 and Dream Theater threads definitely stumped me when they popped up.

As for upstart forums, I think the trick is to not be afraid to blitz post and start new threads to help jump start during slow periods - conversation will happen, it just has to be encouraged. Folks will often come in and if nothing conversationally going on that already exists interests them, they split instead of making posts and threads that do interest them. Also, viewing separate boards as their own entities instead of replacements for one another is good. I don't post so much around these parts lately, but I'll be posting on TV while still checking in and posting here - it's a good mix of people over there as well.

IVWT biased response: why did Jenna say Danny ordered the records and then Nick was used for the name?

Another fun contradiction: Jenna posting that SRC puts in a lot of work maintaining this board and then posts that she doesn't have time to sit on the board. What maintenance does a moderator do off the board?

I think the low point for me was when represses of 311 and Dream Theatre were met with enthusiasm.

i always say, if you like 311(and can't admit you only like it for nostalgia even though you know it's bad) i can't take your music appreciation seriously. i once stopped dating someone just because she liked 311 and dave matthews. i knew it was doomed from that point on. No piece of ass is worth having to deal with that shitty music on the way to dinner.

don't get me started on jam bands.

There's not much I can say that hasn't already been said. This whole thing reeks of bullshit. I'm glad I've never ordered from SRC and I definitely won't be in the future.

with so much drama in the SRC (or Old VC), it's kinda hard being IVWT.

Hahahahahahaha, fantastic. This read in Snoop Doggs voice in my head right off the bat.

everything makes me hungry for chic-fil-a. especially on sundays.

Hearty lol

The problem is for all the morons and ap.net users that have joined, there's a lot of cool people here still, and it's hard to get people to migrate to another board. There have been 1003 active users in the last 24 hours on here. No independent upstart board is going to have anything close to that anytime soon, and it's no fun to log onto a board and find only 10 or so new posts in the last day.

This. Also its nice to have some small label people here too to give a heads up with PO's shipping delays sales etc. People also recommend music to check out that I order sometimes too so thats nice as well.

In general I don't understand why people get all bent out of shape over 34 pressings of Reinventing Axl Rose

Maybe i'm missing something here..and I am by no means a SRC supporter but what exactly is shady about them ordering 4 records from IVWT? I still think it's childish for them to ban IVWT, i'm just trying to figure out why IVWT bothered to message them in the first place instead of just sending the records.

The message board consensus seems to be that we are not getting the full story. The other alternative is that both of these distros are run by 12 year old girls whose feelings are hurt because the other didn't like their facebook post about a new outfit.

^ That's the conclusion drawn by many. This is EXACTLY why I said that if I were in SRC's spot, I would try to undo this as quickly and quietly as possible.

Whatever really happened, SRC is looking like a child throwing a tantrum. Everything is perspective, and they're losing out because of it.