IVWT Banned?

Guest screechingwizzle
^ dude we get it hes banned its silly. the other poster apparently doesn't know how distros work so no need to get bent out of shape. That said you don't have to relay statements or defend Brian here anymore. Everyone knows he has a webstore and a facebook and we could contact him there from now on.

Plus have you seen the poll in the other thread...people clearly side with him and hes won a few customers. I don't think hes at a disadvantage anymore.

So basically shut up and forget it ever happened? Fuck that. SRC still should address the open ended questions regarding their "order" and how they manage this board.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the end of the day these are just distros and not record labels, people who essentially flip records for a living, so inherently there's probably going to be some shadiness on both sides.

wow... that probably goes down as one of the most footle posts yet in this forum. if only for humor sake. way to postulate there buddy.

^ dude we get it hes banned its silly. the other poster apparently doesn't know how distros work so no need to get bent out of shape. That said you don't have to relay statements or defend Brian here anymore. Everyone knows he has a webstore and a facebook and we could contact him there from now on.

Plus have you seen the poll in the other thread...people clearly side with him and hes won a few customers. I don't think hes at a disadvantage anymore.

So basically shut up and forget it ever happened? Fuck that. SRC still should address the open ended questions regarding their "order" and how they manage this board.

Such insight! ::) Do everyone a favor since you're dying for answers. Contact ShopRadioCast for us and report back with the results of your investigation

[email protected]

[email protected]

1-888-747-3899

Can this thread be locked? It clearly isn't going anywhere anymore and the people who haven't read the whole thing pop up and just say the same thing that's been echoed for the last 11 pages.

If you locked it people would make more threads about it. Can't silence a message board. If you don't care for it, you don't have to read it. Locking thread would not end the discussion though.

I've never really understood the members of this board's aversion to arguments which they don't feel affect them. If you don't think that transparency from the company that moderates this community is important, much less a company that seems to be a prominent figure in the in vinyl purchasing community as whole, then you need to get real with yourself. Do the heterosexual amongst you withhold your opinions on gay marriage as well because you feel it's something that should be sorted out between homosexuals and the Christian lawmakers that degrade them?

Matthew's last post hits the nail on the head. Multiple aspects of SRC's story don't add up one bit, and ignoring all that, they are at the very least just being babies who have no problem turning what has mostly been an impartial community into a SRC-sponsored only board.

Also...must say I agree with what Matthew posted and Ryan followed up about earlier. In this thread there have definitely been some decent arguments in one hand and people just ranting and raving for the hell of it in the other.

In my opinion, the whole thing seems fishy and defending one side or another at this point is fairly futile. Getting defensive about the side you believe in does not help anything either, but just muddy up the discussion at hand.

I still agree that SRC managing, owning, coordinating, or whatever you want to call it, a public forum is questionable at best. In all honesty nothing against SRC in particular, but in regards to any individual or group that has commercial and economical aspects at stake, for lack of a better term. Obviously some may handle things differently and things may run more different then now, but eventually even the 'best' label or distro running a 'un-biased' public discussion forum may eventually be plagued by the same problems as others.

Like many before have said, nothing can really be done about that, because Virgil made the decision to sell it to SRC. It would be fine if the board was the SRC board and was on their website like many websites have. IMO events like this will continue to occur more frequently and more rapidly when an individual or group biased (which is understandable) has control over an entity which is supposed to be unbiased. Once one domino is pushed how long before others begin crashing down?

I also concur that fighting, bickering, name-calling, panty wadding, panty sniffing, yelling, crying, throwing toys, etc is just as childish as the root cause or reason that you are acting in that manner in the first place. If you prefer to not discuss this, don't. Skip the thread like many have, currently do, and will continue to do. Although, conducting a discussion about this will do little good for the community as a whole if it is tarnished, and you may have only yourselves to blame one day when nothing constructive ever came out of the discussions nor solutions made to any of the problems that began festering again, as if in repetition to the last 'downfall' of the boards.

Yeah, but a lot of people won't migrate and with a new forum I think it would suck to leave behind a ton of old information and threads. I mean starting new (or newish by moving to another already existing forum) would be difficult for a lot of people. IMO there is a wealth of knowledge on here from some of the old threads and just stuff in general. Of course moving forward will cause new information to arise but eh, I do partly agree as one part of my brain things yea it is a good idea, but the other knows it will be a pain. Most people do not like change.

Someone make a new forum.

Let everyone know via a sticky here, facebook, twitter, etc.

Everyone migrate.

Problem solved.

there is another board. i honestly think most people are over reacting about this whole thing. everyone can still order from IVWT and get news and updates via email and facebook. we can still talk about vinyl here. others can post things here if they see posts from IVWT. it's not the end of the world. this board survived Virgil and i believe it'll survive this (this is no where near the magnitude of the Virg situation though IMO)

I must have missed the whole SRC/MTS deal... anyone care to sum it up for me?

Dude was banned. Someone is mad. One guy is stupid. Another guy (me) is awesome and good looking. I think someone cried real tears. It was sad.