What Else Do You Collect/Have a Large Collection of?

Comic books. I have almost a complete first run of The Avengers, The West Coast Avengers, Alpha Flight, and Excalibur. Also a small Ghost Rider collection. I also have every first edition Chuck Palahniuk, as well as a shit load of other books. I also collect DVD's, I have a few thousand of those.

Mostly just action figures. Mattel WWE wrestling figures, Marvel Legends, Transformers Classics (2007) along with the few higher end anime figures (some Guyver figures and a Play Arts Ichigo Kurosaki from Bleach) are all I have on display in IKEA Detolf cabinets. Between keeping up my wrestling figure collection and new records, I drop way too much money on hobbies haha.

I mentioned before I've got a love of books, and I decided to show my bookshelves off because after spending 13 hours overnight in the ER with my mom on the 7th, I I decided I'd rather reorganize everything than deal with all the big important stuff.

In my bedroom is mostly graphic novels and fiction. GNs alphabetized by topic, fiction by author. A few non-fictions filled the top right and bottom shelf, and they include part of my religion / philosophy stuff and at the bottom a good chunk of my econ books.

2012-07-14_12-07-03_289.jpg

Downstairs I have two bookshelves flanking some cheap French doors... I think they're French styled, but what do I know. The left one has oversized books, coffee-table style books, and miscellaneous novels that aren't all mine, then begins the history section, first with US chronologically, then where the leaning books break on the second last shelf begins education stuff, then the bottom is textbooks and binders of various sorts.

2012-07-14_12-07-43_631.jpg

To the right is a shelf of my mom's miscellaneous stuff, then my world history stuff chronologically, then other non-fiction such as sports, more philosophy, and current events stuff. The bottom shelf is a lot of coaching materials.

2012-07-14_12-08-04_624.jpg

In the front living room is lots of random things like books on dogs and a lot of feel-good novels my mom read, but there's unsorted history and other books in there too.

2012-07-14_12-08-55_841.jpg

Then I have DVDs. These are all mine, alpha'ed of course, starting with TV shows because single DVDs would fall off the top, then movies, then back to TV shows at the bottom. It's filling up, so the horizontal ones are obviously out of order. You can see a magazine rack because why not? We like to read in my family.

2012-07-14_12-08-19_882.jpg

Here's more DVDs, unsorted except for the bottom right which are my music DVDs. Most of these are my mom's.

2012-07-14_12-08-27_832.jpg

This all excludes my sister's room which has plenty more DVDs and books, and there's boxes of books laying around in the attic and a random pile on my bedroom floor. I'm on the hunt right now for a full-size bookshelf for my bedroom because I have crates of teaching stuff just piled in the corner because I don't have my own classroom.

None of this is as impressive as my record collection which, while pushing probably 900+ titles, still pales in comparison to most of yours. I'm a media whore I guess, in the book-music-movie version of the word.

I really like some of his books, and dislike others, but they're super-quick reads so I have given them all a chance. Really likes: Diary, Rant, Fight Club. Really dislikes: Choke, Pygmy, Snuff. The others are meh. I got through most of them in 2 or 3 days of casual reading.

I think the Cormac McCarthy books re-tip the scale back away from gay.

i liked the Palahniuk I've read too.

that being said, my collection is pretty much just vinyl and Sabres pucks.

also I've saved almost every ticket stub from the shows i've gone to and started making mini collages of them when i get enough to fill a 12x12 frame. so i guess that counts as a collection too, haha.

Ha, I probably would pass it off to you in a heartbeat, but it was given to me by my ex, so until I start hating her I'll probably keep ahold of it to remind me how much she sucks.

I totally agree though, Rant is, by far, one of my favorite reads. After Snuff I just gave up on the guy.

Ha, I probably would pass it off to you in a heartbeat, but it was given to me by my ex, so until I start hating her I'll probably keep ahold of it to remind me how much she sucks.

I totally agree though, Rant is, by far, one of my favorite reads. After Snuff I just gave up on the guy.

Yea, Snuff was just so perverted that I didn't care about his stuff much more. I feel like lot of his books have some seemingly-unnecessary perversion to them... I gave Pygmy a try and all I remember about it was the kid ass-raping people for some reason. Even Rant had some sexual deviancy element to it, but it worked well in the story.

Regarding your last post, I'm with you completely on the wall-space. I have a lot of photography and artwork I'd love to hang but just don't have the space.

I'm the same way and I bet a lot of people on this board are. I will never buy a kindle. I love being able to hold the physical copy of something in my hand... books, records, tapes.

I am right there with you on books!

I am big into media in general. Books, movies, music. Music is probably the most extensive, as I've got records, cds, tapes, and way more posters/buttons/stickers than I'll ever need.

I am right there with you on books!

I am big into media in general. Books, movies, music. Music is probably the most extensive, as I've got records, cds, tapes, and way more posters/buttons/stickers than I'll ever need.

I totally agree as well but I have a Kindle. Even though I love holding books and all, I've read so much more ever since I bought the Kindle and still use it all the time. But I still own all my favorites in a physical form.

• 3 weeks later...