Gaslight Anthem "45 RPM Club" fan club membership (w/bonus 7-inch annually)

I don't mind the price, I think a lot of work goes into a 4-5 color screen print, it's not like it's photocopied. I'm just psyched there are still bands around that put things together like this rather than just shitting out posters with the album artwork on them.

/possibly reasonable, possibly fanboy

I don't mind the price, I think a lot of work goes into a 4-5 color screen print, it's not like it's photocopied. I'm just psyched there are still bands around that put things together like this rather than just shitting out posters with the album artwork on them.

/possibly reasonable, possibly fanboy

I hear you but the same artist makes prints of the same quality for the same band at prices that are generally lower by $10. Many of the El Jefe prints I've bought for less are even more limited.

I hear you but the same artist makes prints of the same quality for the same band at prices that are generally lower by $10. Many of the El Jefe prints I've bought for less are even more limited.

Yup. Was going to post that the fan club poster isn't any more complex than this but at a 25% higher price with more printed:

il_570xN.339029950.jpg

yeah, sadly that's possible fanboy haha. I have a bazillion El Jefe prints (who is an awesome guy btw. Even helps judge graphic design competitons at the university i went to), and don't think I've ever spent more than $20 bucks on one. Even the 9:30 club Gaslight Print from last year was $20, and was (I'm fairly certain) equally as limited. 

I'm just curious if this will somehow sell out. I would hope almost everybody sees through this one and passes, which is a weird hope considering I want this fanclub to be something worthwhile..

Yeah that's true, I got a few at shows for $25 I think (including the one above, haha). They're probably underwriting the costs for the 7" with the markup on these. Definitely leaning more towards fanboy but as long as they don't keep pushing these out at these prices I'm still ok with it.

Yeah that's true, I got a few at shows for $25 I think (including the one above, haha). They're probably underwriting the costs for the 7" with the markup on these. Definitely leaning more towards fanboy but as long as they don't keep pushing these out at these prices I'm still ok with it.

Why the hell did we have to pay $25 if the poster is paying for the 7"?

looks like at least some fell for it. only 110 left (assuming they were all put up for sale).

I'm going to assume that 100 of those sales occurred within the first 2 minutes of this going up and was from people who were going to hit buy regardless of the price. Now that they are gone, I'm not sure the last 110 even sell this week.

Why the hell did we have to pay $25 if the poster is paying for the 7"?

I don't have the answer to that... just saying that's a pretty logical conclusion to draw from the markup. If they're clearing an extra 10 bucks or so per print and it sells out that's more than enough to get it pressed. Obviously there are still a ton of kinks that need to get worked out of this system.

As far as dollars and cents goes, there is going to be some initial fixed costs for setting this up, getting the website going, coding out the preorder system, etc.

If going forward the member benefits stayed about at the same level (a t-shirt, a 7", and the ability to buy a $40 poster...or comparable stuff) they will be making money off this in coming years and recoup whatever it cost them this year.

If you could look at it as "this thing cost more than we thought to do. We are selling these posters to recoup some of the money, and in the future the goal of the fan club will be do cool stuff for the fans while maintaining a near zero imbalance between fees and benefits", then that is totally cool and understandable. I'm speculating, though.

If you could look at it as "this thing cost more than we thought to do. We are selling these posters to recoup some of the money, and in the future the goal of the fan club will be do cool stuff for the fans while maintaining a near zero imbalance between fees and benefits", then that is totally cool and understandable. I'm speculating, though.

Well that's like, just your opinion, man.