Gaslight Anthem "45 RPM Club" fan club membership (w/bonus 7-inch annually)

From El Jefe:

I received a few e-mails regarding the cost of the 45 RPM Club poster as it relates to cost of joining the club. Although I'm not responsible for pricing, I want to share my thoughts. This will be the only time I address this issue. Please direct further questions to Infinite Merch. I am not a member of the club so I am going off my recollections.

For $25 you get a shirt, stickers, laminate, a 7" that is forthcoming, and some digital stuff like pre-orders or whatever. Again, I don't know the details but from my perspective you are getting a great deal.

A shirt is a least $5 to print, stickers are roughly 50¢ each, and a membership laminate is around $2 - $3. Then you include shipping and handling which for the US is roughly $8. Overseas it is around $14. So that is around $15 or in physical costs when joining.
Now figure in a the 7". Those can cost at least another $5-$8 to produce plus more shipping cost.

You also need to pay people for running the site, printing, designing (ME!), hosting fees, etc... That costs more money.

These are not the exact numbers but if you do the math it adds up quickly. At the end of the day, The Gaslight Anthem is most likely losing money on this not making any.
Like · · Share

From El Jefe:

I received a few e-mails regarding the cost of the 45 RPM Club poster as it relates to cost of joining the club. Although I'm not responsible for pricing, I want to share my thoughts. This will be the only time I address this issue. Please direct further questions to Infinite Merch. I am not a member of the club so I am going off my recollections.

For $25 you get a shirt, stickers, laminate, a 7" that is forthcoming, and some digital stuff like pre-orders or whatever. Again, I don't know the details but from my perspective you are getting a great deal.

A shirt is a least $5 to print, stickers are roughly 50¢ each, and a membership laminate is around $2 - $3. Then you include shipping and handling which for the US is roughly $8. Overseas it is around $14. So that is around $15 or in physical costs when joining.

Now figure in a the 7". Those can cost at least another $5-$8 to produce plus more shipping cost.

You also need to pay people for running the site, printing, designing (ME!), hosting fees, etc... That costs more money.

These are not the exact numbers but if you do the math it adds up quickly. At the end of the day, The Gaslight Anthem is most likely losing money on this not making any.

Like · · Share

That is pretty much it. For only $25 we are getting a great deal when you factor in all of the costs. If you don't like the price of the poster, don't buy it. I'm not. The monster ones are cooler anyway.

I don't know about his numbers. $5-$8 for a 7"? When they took the audio from a live recording and didn't book studio time? Why can I find numerous examples or 7"s that retail for $5 or less? It would be even cheaper if it ends up coming in just a sleeve or with a simple paper jacket. I don't know about the rest of them.

And yeah, that T-shirt is pretty bleh. Should have skipped the member card and t-shirt, made the print automatic with membership and shipped with the 7", and charged an extra 5 or so dollars to balance out the cost if necessary. Everyone would be happier.

Even just a cooler shirt and I think people would feel like they got more for their money.

Plus you get first dibs at tickets to shows. Definitely worth $25 in itself, as shows here sell out within seconds.

Meaningless to me. I purposely didn't preorder because I can go by the box office and order anytime, without the $6 in fees I would have gotten charged if I had preordered (adds up, I bought 7 tickets for me and my friends).

Meaningless to me. I purposely didn't preorder because I can go by the box office and order anytime, without the $6 in fees I would have gotten charged if I had preordered (adds up, I bought 7 tickets for me and my friends).

Well then I guess this club is clearly not for you, haha

Well, as it has been said before, if you live in the North-Eastern part of the country, Gaslight tickets go really fast and wind up on StubHub for stupid prices. I guess it varies from place to place/person to person.

This. Normally I'd have to be at a computer the very second they go on sale and still have to cross my fingers.

What's the cheapest way to get a frame for this? I don't want to pay $48 for the poster and another $50 to frame it (quote from Michaels)

http://www.amazon.com/Craig-Frames-25-Inch-Poster-1-Inch/dp/B003GF8L7A/ref=sr_1_1?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1357612455&sr=1-1&keywords=19x25+frame

These work fine for me

Department stores sell frames for pretty cheap, if they have one big enough. I don't know exactly how "quality" they are but this should be something you frame and then it stays on the wall for a long time. So if you are careful putting it in, I don't see why a cheap frame could fail.

I'm not a huge print guy though.

Michael's frames are all 50% off right now. I got a nice 50$ frame for a print my wife bought me for xmas last weekend for 25$. Avoid their custom framing at all cost though.

i think they almost always are 40-50% off, but still more expensive than the kmart/amazon route. at least every time i go in there. but i've never seen a 19x25 inch frame, always 18x24. 

if you don't mind losing a little of the border though, they'll usually size the print to 18x24 for free. just depends on if ya trust who's working there ha.