Warped Tour 2012

I've had some pretty awesome Warped Tour experiences. My first year was 2000, but '02 and '03 were the best for me. My friend at the time's mom was a nurse on the tour for years, and in 2002, her and Dave Raun from Lagwagon got us backstage passes. I was standing next to Fat Mike's wife on the stage while they played, and I was up there for Lagwagon, No Use For A Name and Bad Religion, too. It was probably one of the coolest moments of my life.

2003 in Ventura wasn't as cool, because they wouldn't let us on stage for some reason...BUT the way we got in was funny. We decided last minute to go. My friend calls his mom and tells me we can go, but we have to go to her house first. We go to his mom's house where she fills up a duffel bag full of pills. When we get to the show, my friend makes a call and the side gate opens up. So we walk over and my friend exchanges the duffel bag for 4 backstage passes and 4 actual tickets (there were 3 of us). We used the backstage passes for everything, so we went out later and sold the free tickets for $20 a piece.

I don't remember what happened to the other pass...might have sold that, too. I just looked it up and realized that was 2004. It was a pretty decent year, though. I really only remember the regulars like NOFX, Bouncing Souls, Bad Religion, and The Vandals...Guttermouth was there on one of the small stages talking shit on Warped Tour. Good times. Totally not into big dumb outdoor festivals anymore, though.

I've had some pretty awesome Warped Tour experiences. My first year was 2000, but '02 and '03 were the best for me. My friend at the time's mom was a nurse on the tour for years, and in 2002, her and Dave Raun from Lagwagon got us backstage passes. I was standing next to Fat Mike's wife on the stage while they played, and I was up there for Lagwagon, No Use For A Name and Bad Religion, too. It was probably one of the coolest moments of my life.

2003 in Ventura wasn't as cool, because they wouldn't let us on stage for some reason...BUT the way we got in was funny. We decided last minute to go. My friend calls his mom and tells me we can go, but we have to go to her house first. We go to his mom's house where she fills up a duffel bag full of pills. When we get to the show, my friend makes a call and the side gate opens up. So we walk over and my friend exchanges the duffel bag for 4 backstage passes and 4 actual tickets (there were 3 of us). We used the backstage passes for everything, so we went out later and sold the free tickets for $20 a piece.

Did something similar with Family Force 5 one year. They had run out of their demo cds so my buddy at Maverick sent me 2 boxes. Took them with me to the show, called them at the gate gave them the boxes and they brought me in.

Now I just email Kevin a week or so before if I want to go.

The only thing my friends and I kinda remember from '01 was taking a whole Chevy blazer back full of beer to Indy warped and drinking a shit ton of beer and hanging out with A7X while we gave them beer (which is why we bought a shit ton of beer). Everything else about that day is spotty and blurry.

Had so much fun at warped tour this year even if it was 95 degrees the majority of the day. Polar Bear Club, Every Time I Die, and Falling In Reverse (modern day Motley Crue) I hadn't seen before were all great. Taking Back Sunday, Bayside, and New Found Glory have held up pretty well. Anti-Flag, when they were playing and not talking, were really good. Plus seeing about 10 more acts. Overall really enjoyable and I'll go next year for sure. If I could I'd go again to see the bands I had to skip (Senses Fail, Title Fight, A Loss For Words, Transit...)

Taking my little bro on Weds. he is getting stoked on life right now and the 83 degree weather (they are predicting) will make his diabetes easier to control over the course of the day :D

PBC (his favorite band)/Transit/AL4W/CN!CC!/MDAM/NFG/MOB/TF

This 15yr old is getting stoked on life right now

Taking my little bro on Weds. he is getting stoked on life right now and the 83 degree weather (they are predicting) will make his diabetes easier to control over the course of the day :D

Awesome! Irvine was in the 80's as well, but nothing can top last year when it was 70's and overcast all day :) Have fun!

I went to Warped in Irvine the other day and it was pretty fun. I hadnt been for like 5 years or so.

I picked up a bad ass Every Time I Die shirt and I got in for free so I cant really complain. Ill probably go back again next year.

ETID killed it yesterday, LIKE DESTROYED EVERYTHING!!

They played 2 new songs and everything was throwback, it was killer! Plus free Monster! $10 beers can suck it!