PO: Circa Survive - Violent Waves

I have a feeling the issue has to do specifically with the circa record, hopefully it will be fixed soon. It will apply the BOGO discount to every other combination of records in the store besides that one

Called customer service and they don't know why it's the case but they said hopefully it will be fixed soon, but ultimately they didn't know.

For anyone who really wants it now though, they did say that I could place an order over the phone and they would make sure I got BOGO discount. But I'm not too desperate for it at the moment, so I'll wait it out.

I can't wait to see Circa ruin these people.

From what I understand, Circa paid a company to get the physical copies, both vinyl and CD, done, and they fucked it up big time. The band is still really bummed and pissed about the company, who they won't name yet, dropped the ball.

Who did you contact? What spots sound better/worse? Like, I was legitimately stunned at the amount of sound degradation between sides 1-3 and side 4. Side 4 just sounds atrocious.

i went directly through topspin. on the first one the c-side sounded horrible. which really sucked because it had some of my favorite songs from the album on there. everything else sounded great though. they sent a replacement and everything sounds great, but the b-side is sub-par. not nearly as bad as the c-side from record 1 though. they requested that i send back the first one, but i was in the middle of a move and never did. so i guess i have one really good copy and one really shitty copy lol.

I can't wait to see Circa ruin these people.

From what I understand, Circa paid a company to get the physical copies, both vinyl and CD, done, and they fucked it up big time. The band is still really bummed and pissed about the company, who they won't name yet, dropped the ball.

lol nick spilled the beans to me. and yeah they're going to destroy them after they finish pressing copies for them.

i ordered this on hottopic.com. If I get it and it sounds like shit, can I exchange it for store credit? i didn't see anything on the website that specifically states that music isn't returnable, only clearance. but usually it isn't... so I must ask.

A lot of places say that music is only refundable if its damaged, but I'm not sure. Never had to send anything back.

A lot of places say that music is only refundable if its damaged, but I'm not sure. Never had to send anything back.

right... I'm wondering if I could claim that a shitty mastering job classifies as damage haha. or, I could always snap a record in half and say it came that way when I opened it? Jk jk fraud not good

i ordered this on hottopic.com. If I get it and it sounds like shit, can I exchange it for store credit? i didn't see anything on the website that specifically states that music isn't returnable, only clearance. but usually it isn't... so I must ask.

----------

I've returned a couple open records from hot topic but it was from shipping damage and not from pressing error so I'm not sure how they'll handle that. If you really dont want it I'd probably try to crack one of the records or damage the jacket and just say it was damaged in transit and they probably wouldn't question it.

FYI Both times I was told they'd send me a new copy of the record (bought with hot cash discount), one time they sent a new record the other time they refunded me without notice.

Good luck!

No need to break it. If you aren't happy with it, just bring it back to a store and let them know that there was a defect with one of the records. The employees likely won't understand what you're talking about with "mastering" but they should still give you credit with no hassle. Hopefully.

No need to break it. If you aren't happy with it, just bring it back to a store and let them know that there was a defect with one of the records. The employees likely won't understand what you're talking about with "mastering" but they should still give you credit with no hassle. Hopefully.

thanks! you too, Yanqui!

• 1 month later...

What problems are you guys having with sound quality? I thought it sounded a little compressed on the c/d side but I need to listen to it again.

I was scared to even open mine from what I read in this thread, but it's one of the best sounding records I own. no surface noise, super dynamic, and it's mastered loud as hell. sounds like my copy is a rarity though.

I was scared to even open mine from what I read in this thread, but it's one of the best sounding records I own. no surface noise, super dynamic, and it's mastered loud as hell. sounds like my copy is a rarity though.

I agree. I bought mine at hot topic about a month ago and it sounds just fine. And like it's been mentioned before it's loud as all hell. Only complain I had is the way the edges were cut, but eh. No big deal. As long as it plays im okay.