PO: Murder by Death - Bitter Drink, Bitter Moon.

I contacted MBD and they said there weren't plans for a special cover since it was the cut out cover. Pretty lame but they also said I can mail it back to them and they'll do something to it. So that's cool. Just found it weird that they weren't gonna do anything simply because of the cut outs. Paid a lotta money for this sucker so I want a fancy cover!!

I still haven't gotten my copy, mail just came today. Kind of disappointed, hope it at least gets here by tomorrow so I can spin it this weekend.

Should be close man. I live in Chapel Hill now, and mine came Monday :D :D . It's a slow-burner of an album for sure, but I think I like it. My biggest complaint is actually the elaborate packaging; It came w/ seam splits, the inner sleeve might as well be made of parchment paper, and just seems all-around fragile. I actually shelved the sleeve/zoetrope/lantern (all badass btw!) separately, and put this in a plain white sleeve&jacket, so I know I can take it out and listen to it w/o completely destroying everything in a month.

Yep. Mine got a little beat up in the mail as well. It's cool, but pretty fragile.

I'm not sure where I'd place this album yet but if I had to go off the top of my head its: Red > Bocca > Who Will Survive > Magpie > Bitter Drink > Exorcist, but I think it might top Magpie in the long run.

For anybody who hasn't received it like me:

DON'T FREAK OUT IF YOUR ORDER HASN'T SHOWN UP

Update #12 · Sep. 27, 2012

FOLKS- All your orders have been dropped off at the post office. In fact, they were all dropped off early, but since we live in a small town there are only so many people that work at the post office and can attend to the 5000+ packages that we gave to them.Therefore, there is a short delay on some of the orders. They have been working as fast as they can to get to all the packages, and I hope that by the end of today, all of them should be on their way! We did not do tracking numbers for these as filling out forms for 5000+ packages would have been a nightmare and would not have been worth it. so DO NOT DESPAIR. Your order will arrive by next week at the latest.Sorry for the delay, but the good people at the US Postal Service are busting their butts on this one. I felt so bad i dropped off some cds and autographed posters for them.

Anyway- hope you enjoy the album if you have already received it. If not, it shall arrive soon!

Adam