Melvins - "1983", "The Bulls & The Bees" & "Freak Puke" LPs comin'

Picked up a Mackie version of Freak Puke at the Chicago show. The show was excellent and they had lots of vinyl- the new 10"s ($35), the Hammerhead split 7" picture discs ($20), vols. 5 & 6 of the Sugar Daddy split 12"s, and of course the Freak Puke LP ($40). Wish i'd brought more cash, would love to have picked up vol 5 & 6 of the split 12"s.

Wait, wait...vol 5 & 6 of the Sugar Daddy splits are only available on tour?!?!...Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck...

I'm getting tired of buying Melvins records on eBay. But, being in Hawaii I have no real choice as there are no tour dates ever. Every once in a while I find a good dude on here or DF thats willing to sell some stuff for a couple of bucks over the sale price. I am about to stop buying Melvins records.

OK OK OK. I was scouring the AmRep board and it looks like the Sugar Daddy splits they have on tour are indeed tour-only BUT, they are clear vinyl as opposed to clear w/ splatter. The regular online version (clear w/ splatter) will go up for sale later. Whew!

I totally forgot to clarify that the tour only versions were different.

Its not really not fun buying Melvins Vinyl. Happy i could grab a copy of Freak Puke and wondering how long shipping takes to Germany. Never got any shipping confirmation though.

Yeah man, Its definitely lost its appeal since Amrep started releasing record after record, but limiting them severely(It is cool shit though, I love the hand made type stuff). Being in Hawaii, I'm forced to the "Bay" most of the time which really sucks. Everything is always 10x more expensive and I haven't been able to bring myself to pay(at least for the recent items, I really want that bulls and bees 10" on the clearish red)). The flippers are one thing, but the people actually paying the high prices for the items are just enabling all this to get out of hand. If people would just stop paying the ridiculously high prices, it would cease to be a problem. Hopefully one day I can finish my Melvins collection or at least catch up.

I know, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch.

Sinora

It's hopeless if you just want the releases to LISTEN TO on vinyl.

Had a quick read on the forum over at themelvins.net, seems like no-one is questioning all of this - the fans just keep shelling out for the plethora of releases. Fun I you like colors and stuff, but isn't enjoying the music the most important thing? They should enable more people the chance to do that.

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch! Hell, I even managed to score a copy of Freak Puke from shoxop last saturday, on a stroke of luck :ph34r:

Yeah man, Its definitely lost its appeal since Amrep started releasing record after record, but limiting them severely(It is cool shit though, I love the hand made type stuff). Being in Hawaii, I'm forced to the "Bay" most of the time which really sucks. Everything is always 10x more expensive and I haven't been able to bring myself to pay(at least for the recent items, I really want that bulls and bees 10" on the clearish red)). The flippers are one thing, but the people actually paying the high prices for the items are just enabling all this to get out of hand. If people would just stop paying the ridiculously high prices, it would cease to be a problem. Hopefully one day I can finish my Melvins collection or at least catch up.

I know, Bitch, Bitch, Bitch.

Sinora

good luck with your collection! really tough (and, like you already said, expensive) to get those records.

i bought 1983 and B & B on cd this time, just because i had the chance and didn't want to count on getting the vinyl. if i can get my hands on the 10"es i'll buy them too though.