MAN ADVICE

Never been into choking. A couple girls I've dated were really into it, and I just never felt comfortable with it.

That girl I said was perfect a few weeks ago. Not so much. Haven't seen her since I picked her up from the mega bus at 4:30 AM on a Sunday before I had to go to work, 3 weeks ago. I expected something fun before work that morning, but that didn't happen. Every time we've had plans since then, she always cancels last minute. It sucks because she's a total babe and a lot of fun to be around, but its a pretty crappy situation at the same time. I'll continue to pursue it while she's in town for the next month, no other leads right now.

winter break has sucked so bad for me. I've tried to hit up girls from high school but they either have boyfriends or are going way the fuck out of town. and apparently my school is the only one that doesn't go back until the 14th, so I've got two more weeks of literally doing nothing and being desperate to find a rebound to help me get over my ex. speaking of, that process hasn't been going well at all. she still texts me every couple days and of course I text back after I argue with myself for a couple minutes about pretending not to care. I wish I was better at not giving a fuck.

I can't wait to be able to post something positive on here

Just don't listen to your ex. Ever. PERIOD.

I was in the same situation, dated a girl for many years and finally called it quits. I was totally down in the dumps over the whole thing and spent the past year feeling sorry for myself while she was with some other dude.

Fast forward to a month ago, she ends it with this guy, and starts talking to me again. I come back like a lost puppy and now we're "together", though its not really official.

She's not the same person, and clearly the chemistry is gone. She's boring, and hates everything I like, but is still crazy enough to be convinced we're going to get married. I'm completely miserable

In the meantime, I met someone a few months ago, who I've completely fallen for since. We talk every night, and in fact are spending the whole day together in the city tomorrow. I want something to happen, but I don't know if im just lying to myself, and also I feel bad for being "unfaithful" (although everything is strictly platonic at the moment)

sigh. 

So out of curiosity has anyone tried dating websites ? I really didn't want to resort to it and it kinda takes away the anonymity of 

just walking up to a woman. But I feel i'm so out of it which was my fault for all the wonderful self loathing/confidence issues though they're getting better. I really have nowhere to meet women as I live in a small town where the main thing to do  is go drinking (surprise ohio). My friends never want to go to the bar and are all wifed up so i'm solo as far as wingman is concerned. It's either this or meijers/walmart 

i got winked at and was given a over the should bye. and i'll see you later. my coworker saw and said, oh shit mike, she digs you and saw my tip and knew it. i just told him, she probably had a tick or something.  :(

immediately after i had a conversation (15 minutes to make 2 sandwiches..ooof) and got tipped 70%) with another women about sweets, cereal, and pie. said she'd be back as well. got called a chatty kathy and my coworker said i should have given her my #. glad i didn't tell her about me showering drunk while i ate 3/4 of a key lime pie. that would have ended the conversation right there. 

but then again, what's wrong about eating a pie in the shower? i can multitask. though this happened like 15 years ago while drunk after a 10 hour binge. i am not that same guy. now i'm just boring and eat my pie on a plate. 

man i'm missing out i need to get caught up on this thread. and to think i used to get bitched at for bringing candy in the shower

I never have. I feel too strange about the idea of meeting someone and automatically pushing chemistry. If I meet someone in real life, I know if I would have the potential to have those sorts of feelings for them. My friends have used it, and I don't know how many of them have had successful relationships from it. They certainly have notches on their bedposts that can be chalked up to Ok Cupid though.

my old roommate does it and gets hit on left and right. but most of the women he dates off ok cupid are in most cases nuts or it doesn't pan out. ok cupid is usually good for when you just want to find someone to hook up or do the casual dating thing. i personally had no luck with it, but then again, i'm unattractive by most women's standards.  oh, and i hate outdoorsy shit. 

I just dont fucking understand what happened. I really dont. Like honestly everything was fucking perfect until a week ago. This girl would talk about marriage and how I was the only thing to make her truly happen and the best thing to ever happen to her. But now she cant have a relationship and it doesnt have anything to do with me? It just doesnt make any fucking sense to me. I fucking hate love. 

How are you holding up man?

I basically rage quit okcupid the other day. If you are thinking about it be prepared to send many messages get fewer back and go on even fewer dates. It works for some people if you just want to get that booty call, but I feel that can be accomplished just as easy as in real life. 

I am just saying fuck it at this point and just do things I enjoy and lay on the charm on girls IRL. It's also really awkward to do that on the internet in a random message.

So out of curiosity has anyone tried dating websites ? I really didn't want to resort to it and it kinda takes away the anonymity of 

just walking up to a woman. But I feel i'm so out of it which was my fault for all the wonderful self loathing/confidence issues though they're getting better. I really have nowhere to meet women as I live in a small town where the main thing to do  is go drinking (surprise ohio). My friends never want to go to the bar and are all wifed up so i'm solo as far as wingman is concerned. It's either this or meijers/walmart 

FWIW, 6 friends of mine who have tried dating websites have either married or been in that relationship for longer than 7 months. i say go for it.