MAN ADVICE

The wife had some chepo sams club memory foam when we meet, I made her toss it. I made us sink to the middle, we woke up hot and sweaty wet, it was nasty swore them off.

Had this same issue with an old memory foam mattress set. I called it the taco bed. No matter what, we always ended up in the middle.

My marriage is falling apart. 

We've been married for two and a half years - barely any time at all - but its been plagued with constant fighting. It's been a roller coaster of highs and lows but lately mostly lows and I just don't know what to do anymore. She is talking about separating. I can't believe this is all happening.

Dude I was in your same boat ( year and a half for me).  All I can say is hang in there, if you feel the marriage is worth it, then keep trying to get her to talk and work things out.

On the plus side separation will give you a chance to cool off and work things out before actual divorce. Mine skipped that step. 

If you need a dude to talk to PM me. 

I'm trying to convince myself to get a therapist once I move in 5 or 6 months. There's just so much stuff I think that I'd like to say out loud to someone.

don't try or convince.  just do it.  and give it a fair chance.  it's a little weird at first, but you end up looking forward to it.  it feels good to have someone who is totally uninvested give you feedback on shit.

Thanks guys. it's been rough and there are a lot of times I just want it to be over with. I know that in those times it is the anger and frustration talking, but lately its just been that all the time. And from what she is telling me, she doesn't even want anything to do with it. I don't know how seriously to take it, it does tend to get this way a lot, and she does talk about wanting to leave a lot, but this time it just seems more real, and I am beginning to feel a bit apathetic about it, which I know is not good. I just feel like I am tired of caring because it seems like its no use, and I know she is feeling the same thing.

Where do I even start to look for a therapist to talk to? I've never had to deal with anything like this before.

my parents went through a separation just over a month ago. my mom dropped it on us from out of no where, and eventually everyone around her got through to her that what she was doing was stupid.

she moved back in, and now they're seeing a therapist, who they seem to really lke.

seemed like more of a mid-life crisis than anything, but i think the guy theyre seeing has helped them use this as a way to refresh what had probably gotten stale.

i saw this on facebook the other day.. found it to be somewhat profound. maybe this perspective might help you remember why you two believed that marriage was right for you. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-adam-smith/marriage-isnt-for-you_b_4209837.html

Thanks guys. it's been rough and there are a lot of times I just want it to be over with. I know that in those times it is the anger and frustration talking, but lately its just been that all the time. And from what she is telling me, she doesn't even want anything to do with it. I don't know how seriously to take it, it does tend to get this way a lot, and she does talk about wanting to leave a lot, but this time it just seems more real, and I am beginning to feel a bit apathetic about it, which I know is not good. I just feel like I am tired of caring because it seems like its no use, and I know she is feeling the same thing.

Where do I even start to look for a therapist to talk to? I've never had to deal with anything like this before.

APA.org. Every licensed therapist is listed on that website. You can go to the find a psychologist part, type in you zip and everyone near you pops up. You will have to do a little digging but find one that specializes in marriage and family and go from there.

my parents went through a separation just over a month ago. my mom dropped it on us from out of no where, and eventually everyone around her got through to her that what she was doing was stupid.

she moved back in, and now they're seeing a therapist, who they seem to really lke.

seemed like more of a mid-life crisis than anything, but i think the guy theyre seeing has helped them use this as a way to refresh what had probably gotten stale.

i saw this on facebook the other day.. found it to be somewhat profound. maybe this perspective might help you remember why you two believed that marriage was right for you. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/seth-adam-smith/marriage-isnt-for-you_b_4209837.html

Fuck Ry, That article almost made me lose it cause it seems exactly what I had to go through with my ex. I was in it for 100% her, and she was also in it for 100% her. Unfortunately she wasn't willing to change her stance. Good find dude.

Also there's this blog post that I recently found that fucking described the ex to a T and cementing my notion that she was just an immature little girl:

http://justmytype.ca/the-11-differences-between-dating-a-girl-vs-a-woman/

It definitely made me question the way I may have/probably acted in previous relationships.

And it also gives me a lot to consider for future ones. Not only in terms of how I need to carry myself, but what to look for from a partner as well.

I saw that shared by 3 different girls in one day, and when I went looking for it, it was no surprise that it had gone completely viral.

It definitely made me question the way I may have/probably acted in previous relationships.

And it also gives me a lot to consider for future ones. Not only in terms of how I need to carry myself, but what to look for from a partner as well.

I saw that shared by 3 different girls in one day, and when I went looking for it, it was no surprise that it had gone completely viral.

a ton of girls shared that on my fb feed too.

my friend did some math the other day. we graduated high school with 84 people. he’s friends with 62 of them on facebook. of the 62, 51 have kids, and 17 are married. crazy to me that i made it out of that place without being impregnated.

a ton of girls shared that on my fb feed too.

my friend did some math the other day. we graduated high school with 84 people. he’s friends with 62 of them on facebook. of the 62, 51 have kids, and 17 are married. crazy to me that i made it out of that place without being impregnated.

you are defying all of the odds.  unless bigbruise plants that seed.  tinybruises all over VC.