MAN ADVICE

hate to say it, but that sounds like a cop-out to me. if a girl wants to be with a guy, she’ll find a way, even if she is crazy busy. If someone truly wants/needs to see you, they’ll find a way to do it.

Update... for anyone who cares....

I've been seeing this girl Beth. We've been texting nonstop every day for about a month and we've hung 5 times, hooked up the last two times... most recently on Saturday night (successful booty call wut wut!!). Last week I invited her to come watch me play baseball, I play in an office league and our playoff game was supposed to be last night (damn rain...). She agrees. Then on Sunday I text her to confirm she can still come, because she's been wishy-washy on plans before, and again she says yes. But then she adds "im not your gf." I'm like, "ok" cus it kind of caught me off guard, I hadn't been calling her my gf or anything. Then it got me thinking, maybe she is trying to make me think about how I'm acting. I'm still kinda seeing other girls too, and we've talked about it. So I tell her that she's the only one I'm interested in right now, and she gets all weirded out... slows way down on the texts for a few days, starts sending one word responses. The baseball game got cancelled due to rain so I never got to see her last night.

This morning I say good morning like most days, and mentioned that she's been quiet, is it because of something that came out of my stupid mouth? She says yeah, I really made her uncomfortable the other day. She doesn't want me to focus on her because she feels like she's leading me on. Leading me on, I ask? She says she's still meeting other guys. Including one last night that went "really well." I tell her I don't care if she "keeps fishing" (we met on POF) and ask if we're cool, and she says yeah we are cool. I don't know if I'm cool but I'm going to act it. And I guess I'll get back on POF and start meeting other girls? I do have about 3 conversations going on with others right now, so I shouldn't be so bummed that this one is going the way it is. But I really really like her, can hardly think of anything else!

And the saga continues....

Things were going fairly smooth after our talk but a little bit awkward. We saw each other pretty much every day for like the last week. I thought things were going great. I brought her out to meet some of my friends on Friday, she spent the whole night flirting with this other dude who wanted to play pool with her. I keep hinting "OK, lets get out of here..." but she was having none of it. We had a bit of an argument. She ended up taking him home so I broke things off. Apparently she was too drunk to remember this, and on Saturday we made up and decided to go exclusive, but it's been awkward.

So last night we decided to renig on the exclusive thing and had some awesome breakup sex. Then I called up this other girl I met after karaoke a few weeks ago.... took her out for drinks and we ended up going back to her place to do the nasty. Overall, pretty great night!!! Feeling like a champ right now. But now my love life is getting a little complicated....

damn. i applaud your talents there.

i got my hands on a pair of tickets for jason collett (one of the broken social scene members). hes playing nearby on monday night. decided im going to invite this girl, and if she doesnt say yes to that, im done trying with her.

im also a week away from hitting 4 months of inactivity.

hate to say it, but that sounds like a cop-out to me. if a girl wants to be with a guy, she’ll find a way, even if she is crazy busy. If someone truly wants/needs to see you, they’ll find a way to do it.

I dunno, while that may be true, I also know that when you are working on something that is important to you (especially if you are just starting), then trying to figure out how to balance things can be really overwhelming. I dunno, I kinda want to give her the benefit of the doubt here, probably because my roommate essentially has gone through the same thing.

My roommate just started taking more college classes and found that she had to figure out how to balance her full time job, new immense workload from the classes and her boyfriend of over two years. She told the guy that she wanted a break so she could get settled with school and figure out how to balance everything for herself. Dude was hurt but eventually understood, not that it really mattered. After a couple weeks of moaning about how much she missed him they got back together are essentially back together now.

This girl is kinda in the same boat. She has a full time job and apparently the graphic design career she is embarking on is starting to take off. She told me that she was working about 6-12 hours a week on it. She wants this to be her new career, but won't leave her current job until she can get a full time commitment from the firm that is hiring her to do all this work. I can respect that and we left things as they were. I only went on like 4 dates with her in total so it wasn't like we were going at things intensely. We'll see what happens, I told her if she still wanted to randomly hang out sometime to call me.

I've made it through page 31. This thread has too much squirting.

My high school sweetheart broke up with me after her second year of college. I was a huge dick back then, so looking back on it, it makes sense. She left me for another dude. He was better looking, but a total bro. It was basically convenience instead of comfort. However, we were in a band together, so this made things awkward.

She didn't have a car, so sometimes I would have to drive an hour and a half to her college town to pick her up. She'd always ask "So, what have you been listening to? Anything new?"

At first, I'd have plans to blow her mind... All KINDS of new bands on a mix CD for the hour and a half ride in the car. Then it got to the point where I realized, "Wait a second, this is the one thing she misses from me... and she's still getting it..." So I only listened to the radio on the last few drives. The band inevitably broke up. She played the hammered dulcimer. It was a cool band.

You can never have to much squirting.

I need some help, and I'll try to use short paragraphs

I've been dating a girl for almost two years, and things just aren't the way they used to be. I realize that happens, but it's just been ridiculous. I'll include some detail, but there's much more. She gets mad at me for just about anything I do, and trying to make her not mad is way too much work. This whole thing is like a constant nagging obligation. I care about her still, but it's beginning to dwindle.

We've talked about it sort of and she knows that things aren't like they were, but continued to say how happy she was with me. Hearing that didn't make me feel any better though, as I've been riding out this shit storm for about 10 months now.

I do think it's about time for me to be single, and I'm really getting used to the idea, but I don't know how to do it because her birthday was on monday. She's having a party in Cincy (2.5 hours away) tomorrow and I REALLY don't want to go. Oh, and I won't know anyone there. I need to find a way out of this fucking party.

I wish birthdays weren’t such a big deal. There’s really no easy way out of this one. i broke up with my boyfriend of about 4 years a week before his birthday. I wanted to wait but it was getting bad, really bad. anyway he still randomly pops up and brings that shit up, saying I ruined his birthday.

but yeah it sounds like you already have your mind made up. I wanted to be single for about 9 months before I actually did it. and I first brought it up to my friends about 3 months before. Even just saying it outloud to someone helped me realize I 100% wanted to be single.

You could just tell her you’re definitely planning on coming, then call and say you were on your way but you blew a tire or something. i don’t know, depends on how bad you want out of this. unless you two are riding together, then you’re kind of screwed. just don’t break up with her, unless you can handle all of her friends and family talking about what ‘an asshole’ you are.

Man advice: sell all of your Converge/Gaslight Anthem/Against Me! variants and buy your girl a fat diamond (ethically mined, of course).

I dunno, sounds like being called an asshole is going to be inevitable since you are planning on doing this in a near time around her birthday.

That being said I would just get it over with sooner rather than later personally. The worst is being in a place with people you have absolutely zero desire to be around and that you don't even know anyone there. I would rather save me that anguish than deal with faceless people calling me names.

I really don't like this idea that people wait MONTHs to break things off with the other. Save them the heart ache and break over agonizing about what the hell is wrong with you/them and just break it off. If you are really not sure, talk it out and air what it is that is bothering you. This pussyfooting around people's feelings is getting old and I'm amazed that people have time for it. Saying this, cause I know that my ex-wife kept telling me how she was thinking about getting the divorce for months before she did it and all I could think about was how much everything about her attitude the months leading to this had just changed.

Trust me, if you are not in it now, delaying it for any amount of time is just going to make it worse. The perverbial knife is in, just pull it out now.

being at that party would be pure agony.

i went through something similar in a past relationship. maybe a week or two before things ended, i was subjected to a family party of hers that left me miserable the entire time. she knew it, her whole family knew it, and it was just ugly.

My ex texts me yesterday, and after a lengthy conversation (about nothing really) tells me she has dreams about me usually about once a week. I thought that was funny. She's had two boyfriends since we broke up and lives with one right now.

Oh, also, I am not supposed to tell anyone that she told me that.

so i asked her to the show

"yeah i think i can do that, but i might be out of town."

"actually, i probably will be out of town blah blah blah"

so i just straight up said, hey thats cool. but i cant help but get the impression you lost interest.

"its not a question of losing interests, i think we have different interests. although i think youre awesome and would love to remain friends, and not a bullshit way, but really"

wut?