MAN ADVICE

This is the MAN advice thread son. So Im going to give you some manly advice. You will go nowhere with that girl. Its fucking high school, dont focus on trying to fall in love. Stop worrying about your chances and start pounding out all the ass you can while its still in its prime and not beat up from their first semester at college. Believe me, I did the whole girlfriend thing and I wish I didnt. It just causes headaches that arent worth it and missed opportunities for banging girls you will be kicking your ass later for not banging. And what kind of high school has fucking dances that arent prom????

It's not that I'm desperate to have a girlfriend or fall in love or whatever else. It's just that I've never felt these strong of feelings for anyone else. And the dance is called key club, it's a dumbed down prom for all 4 grades, not just seniors

It's not that I'm desperate to have a girlfriend or fall in love or whatever else. It's just that I've never felt these strong of feelings for anyone else. And the dance is called key club, it's a dumbed down prom for all 4 grades, not just seniors

So I'm 17 years older then you. And I'm hear to tell you, it doesn't get easier as you get older. You think it would. You think the high school drama would stop, but it doesn't. Sometimes it's fun, most times it's annoying. If you want to date this girl, tell her. Today. Simple as that. Done deal.

[q)uote e=kgry" post="1449442" timestamp="1362409665]

So I'm 17 years older then you. And I'm hear to tell you, it doesn't get easier as you get older. You think it would. You think the high school drama would stop, but it doesn't. Sometimes it's fun, most times it's annoying. If you want to date this girl, tell her. Today. Simple as that. Done deal.

There are 3 things that are keeping me from telling her. 1) she's my best friend and I don't want to lose that 2) I don't feel it's right to the other guy she's telling to even if she doesn't like him, they're still sort of an item and 3) I'm moving away to college in a few months and I know the long distance thing usually doesn't work, so I think what's the point if it's just going to end which leads back to the first reason

I understand 2/3 are me just worrying about stupid stuff but I don't want to be in a relationship just to be in one, I want it to be meaningful

There are 3 things that are keeping me from telling her. 1) she's my best friend and I don't want to lose that 2) I don't feel it's right to the other guy she's telling to even if she doesn't like him, they're still sort of an item and 3) I'm moving away to college in a few months and I know the long distance thing usually doesn't work, so I think what's the point if it's just going to end which leads back to the first reason

I understand 2/3 are me just worrying about stupid stuff but I don't want to be in a relationship just to be in one, I want it to be meaningful

forget her and wait for the college girls. it's a whole new world.

i wouldn't assume that she's shrugging off all this history based on one day of short texting. maybe she was busy. maybe she had a lot on her mind. maybe she's afraid of the fact that she can see you guys heading in the right direction. maybe she was getting ass blasted by the guy she's actually dating.

figure out what you want and talk to her. it's the only way you're going to get clarity.

i wouldn't assume that she's shrugging off all this history based on one day of short texting. maybe she was busy. maybe she had a lot on her mind. maybe she's afraid of the fact that she can see you guys heading in the right direction. maybe she was getting ass blasted by the guy she's actually dating.

figure out what you want and talk to her. it's the only way you're going to get clarity.

Turns out I was over reacting about yesterday. She spent most of the day sleeping then went on a date with the other guy. Then around 12 am she called me and told me about her date. I don't believe any ass blasting happened, but I could be wrong. 

And I still am thinking about what my next move should be. I think for now I'm at least going to wait to see how long this other guy lasts before I say anything to her. 

Also, I really do appreciate all the other comments (serious or not) they either gave me something to think about or a nice chuckle.

don't wait on the other guy. i know how that probably feels like a shitty thing to do. but you could be in the position that most people bitch about being on the other end of- where her happiness if probably what you care about, right? maybe her happiness means being with you and not him.

I did that in high school with my girlfriend. I told her I loved her after a couple months of "dating" because I was going away for spring break and didn't want her messing around with someone else. She replied with "Thank you?" Followed by about a minute of akward silence and a weird ride back to the school parking lot. Fast forward 9 years and we are married and expecting out first child in September.

I did that in high school with my girlfriend. I told her I loved her after a couple months of "dating" because I was going away for spring break and didn't want her messing around with someone else. She replied with "Thank you?" Followed by about a minute of akward silence and a weird ride back to the school parking lot. Fast forward 9 years and we are married and expecting out first child in September.

That story is absolutely adorable.  Way to make everyone else's lives that much more miserable.  Damn you and your happiness!

ok, so online dating.

here's the thing i keep running into.

i'm getting into a lot of conversations, with surprisingly attractive girls, all within a reasonable radius. hell, most of them go to the girls school a couple minutes from where i work.

but all these conversations tend to happen rather late at night, right as i'm about to go to bed. so we'll chat, find some commonality.. and it's cool and all.

but then it never seems to pick up from there. like, it's one thing to have a few messages back and forth over a couple days. but for some reason, the ability to restart an actual conversation seems to elude me.

ok, so online dating.

here's the thing i keep running into.

i'm getting into a lot of conversations, with surprisingly attractive girls, all within a reasonable radius. hell, most of them go to the girls school a couple minutes from where i work.

but all these conversations tend to happen rather late at night, right as i'm about to go to bed. so we'll chat, find some commonality.. and it's cool and all.

but then it never seems to pick up from there. like, it's one thing to have a few messages back and forth over a couple days. but for some reason, the ability to restart an actual conversation seems to elude me.

Conversations online with randoms is super hard. especially when you can't gauge thier physical reactions/interest levels. I would really suggest seeing if they would want to meet up for coffee/drink or something else that can take about 30 minutes. Do this just before you feel a conversation is about to lose steam. You should be good. 

is it normal to ask someone to meet that early on? i've tried it a couple times, and it tends to go unanswered.. even after a seemingly solid exchange.

i put mine back up. I’ve only exchanged messages with one guy. actually it was after I sent the first message back that he suggested we meet up for drinks. and he asked for my number. He said he’d rather get to know someone in person than through awkward messages.

It feels fast to me. but at the same time I think this guy is way out of my league. Also I don’t want to get murdered.

As a former love-lost high schooler, it's more important to stay friends with her then pursue a relationship.  If I had a nickle for every one of my high school female friends that I had a thing for at some point, then I'd have several dollars.  But instead of things being awkward and me resenting high school because of bad relationships/breakups/awkward friendships, I'm great friends with almost all of them.  And even though I don't see or talk to them all of the time, we are really are great friends.  I crashed at three of their places all around the country this summer, and I don't think I would've been able to do that had I asked them out/we dated.

And as Madie said, wait til college and have fun in high school (fuck it, have fun in college too).  A ridiculous amount of maturity (and immaturity) comes as soon as you move out of your parents' house.

Unless the two of you end up going to the same college, in which case, get up on that dude.