MAN ADVICE

Well sadly I still have deep feelings for her but she doesn't know, which could explain. I don't know she's like my favorite human being in the world and she's absolutely perfect with no make up, shes like the epitome of stone foxes.

Why don't you just tell her that?

I'm sorry I won't say anything, just forget it.

I wasn't trying to be accusatory, I honestly just didn't get why eyeliner would bother/upset you, I mean if someone does something with themselves which I don't think necessarily enhances their features, it doesn't bother me, that's the only reason I asked.

Because I don't want to ruin our friendship with my stupid feelings, just it's for the better.

ok this i can advise on.

do you know how many times i told myself that in high school and then found out months later that she DID feel the same way but i never made a move so she moved on? i'm still kicking myself over some of these girls.

tell her.

i'm not gonna read it. not because i'm a dick but because i've learned the hard way you just gotta tell chicks how you feel or you're never even gonna get a chance to get what you want.

and i'm not gonna read it because i dont understand high schoolers anymore and still dont understand women some of the time.

i'm not gonna read it. not because i'm a dick but because i've learned the hard way you just gotta tell chicks how you feel or you're never even gonna get a chance to get what you want.

and i'm not gonna read it because i dont understand high schoolers anymore and still dont understand women some of the time.

telling chicks how you feel, honestly and upfront, works out 0/100 times.

I did, I threw myself at her for 4 months and nothing, so I pretend I feel nothing, because you can only chase for so long. 

telling chicks how you feel, honestly and upfront, works out 0/100 times.

I did, I threw myself at her for 4 months and nothing, so I pretend I feel nothing, because you can only chase for so long. 

I'm sure you'll be feeling this into/past your 20s, so get used to it.

Maybe take her off that pedestal she's on.

We have a couple of kids teenageeric's age who come into my work to stuff envelopes and whatnot. I don't even know how to interact with that age group anymore. I hear some of their conversations and I just don't know what the hell is going on in their heads. It scares me.

Anyway, I look at it this way, I'd rather tell someone I have feelings for them and get rejected than have to be around this person all the time secretly dying inside and thinking 'man I really want to sleep with this guy'. Or in teenageeric's case, hold hands.

Anyway, I look at it this way, I'd rather tell someone I have feelings for them and get rejected than have to be around this person all the time secretly dying inside and thinking 'man I really want to sleep with this guy'. Or in teenageeric's case, hold hands.

started out being sage advice, turned into the funniest thing i've read on the boards today.

We have a couple of kids teenageeric's age who come into my work to stuff envelopes and whatnot. I don't even know how to interact with that age group anymore. I hear some of their conversations and I just don't know what the hell is going on in their heads. It scares me.

straight up.  i'm saying that from a dude's perspective, as soon as you lay it down to a girl, you give up all the power.  now the girl doesn't have any of the excitement because she knows that the dude likes her.  if she knows and is STILL doing whatever, the dude is just punishing himself.  the modern woman is a tricky beast.  or it's something in the jersey water.

I don't know, we just started talking after our feelings fight/hiatus and I feel it's too soon. Besides somethings are just better off left unsaid.

Are there high school teachers here that could attest that kids in high school now are fucked beyond belief?

I'm going to be, I haven't done any work in a high school classroom yet though. I have however done some time in a middle school classroom and those kids definitely weirded me out most of the time. I'm pretty sure I could tell you which ones will be teen parents/burn outs/addicted to hard drugs. Some of them were great though, did good work, and will most likely make something of themselves. But there's kids like that in every generation. So I wouldn't say that they're as messed up as it seems at times. Believe in the children of the future, man!

Never posted in here before, but felt like I just needed to tell somebody this and get it off my chest. Also I know I'm only 17 and don't really know what love is, but I definitely have some feelings for this girl.

There's this girl I started liking sophomore year (she was a freshman) and we started "talking", went on a few dates, held hands (nothing more). Then one day she looks at me and says "Are we ever going to start actually dating?" and I replied "I don't know" and that was the end of the conversation. I was so scared of the thought of having a girlfriend (I had just gotten out of a ~18 month relationship [Yes I know it started when I was 15]) that I basically cut off most of the contact I had with her. 

Fast forward almost a year; she asked me to this dance at our school. We went to eat before and everything was fine, but the dance was basically 4 hours of nonstop grinding and I still wasn't attracted to her (because of the whole "girlfriend" thing). I knew that she still had feelings for me so a couple days later I flat out told her I was scared of a relationship and I didn't see us as anything more than friends.

Since then we've become even closer friends, and I've actually started to like her again, and I think I'm actually ready for a relationship. The thing is she dated one guy (he was crazy, wrote her love songs and shit) and she's talking to/sort of dating another guy. We decided to go to that same dance again this year, and it was still grinding, but more enjoyable for me because I actually liked her.

Fast forward again to Friday night, we went and ate at Sonic (our favorite place to go and talk) and we started talking about the guy she's talking to, and she said she didn't really like him and he was weirder than the other guy. Then we decided to go our local skating rink (which neither of us have been to in at least 6 years) and it was sort of like a date. We held hands for a little bit while skating and we both had a great time. Then last night she invited me to this party at her friend's house and we pretty much just ended up cuddling on the couch for most of the party. This leads me to think we could actually start dating, but then today I texted her and she was really distant sounding (sent me 3 really short texts the whole day.)

She's an awesome girl, and I'm really hating myself because I may have missed my chance.

I don't know why... but I feel better after typing that out even if no one cares. It was like a short therapy session.

TL:DR

this girl liked me, I didn't like her. I start to like her, she is/was dating. Now she may/may not have any feelings for me, and I think I may have missed me chance with her.

I don't know, we just started talking after our feelings fight/hiatus and I feel it's too soon. Besides somethings are just better off left unsaid.

You can think that now, but in years you'll look back and wonder why you didn't man the fuck up.  If you have feelings, you say them shits, what's the worst that can happen?  You tell her and the friendship gets weird, oh well, you'll have a tough enough time being friends with somebody you wanted more from.  I was a bitch in high school and those of the opposite sex terrified me, looking back, some confidence and the ability to tell a gal I was into her definitely would have made high school a little bit of a shit show than it was.

Never posted in here before, but felt like I just needed to tell somebody this and get it off my chest. Also I know I'm only 17 and don't really know what love is, but I definitely have some feelings for this girl.

There's this girl I started liking sophomore year (she was a freshman) and we started "talking", went on a few dates, held hands (nothing more). Then one day she looks at me and says "Are we ever going to start actually dating?" and I replied "I don't know" and that was the end of the conversation. I was so scared of the thought of having a girlfriend (I had just gotten out of a ~18 month relationship [Yes I know it started when I was 15]) that I basically cut off most of the contact I had with her. 

Fast forward almost a year; she asked me to this dance at our school. We went to eat before and everything was fine, but the dance was basically 4 hours of nonstop grinding and I still wasn't attracted to her (because of the whole "girlfriend" thing). I knew that she still had feelings for me so a couple days later I flat out told her I was scared of a relationship and I didn't see us as anything more than friends.

Since then we've become even closer friends, and I've actually started to like her again, and I think I'm actually ready for a relationship. The thing is she dated one guy (he was crazy, wrote her love songs and shit) and she's talking to/sort of dating another guy. We decided to go to that same dance again this year, and it was still grinding, but more enjoyable for me because I actually liked her.

Fast forward again to Friday night, we went and ate at Sonic (our favorite place to go and talk) and we started talking about the guy she's talking to, and she said she didn't really like him and he was weirder than the other guy. Then we decided to go our local skating rink (which neither of us have been to in at least 6 years) and it was sort of like a date. We held hands for a little bit while skating and we both had a great time. Then last night she invited me to this party at her friend's house and we pretty much just ended up cuddling on the couch for most of the party. This leads me to think we could actually start dating, but then today I texted her and she was really distant sounding (sent me 3 really short texts the whole day.)

She's an awesome girl, and I'm really hating myself because I may have missed my chance.

I don't know why... but I feel better after typing that out even if no one cares. It was like a short therapy session.

TL:DR

this girl liked me, I didn't like her. I start to like her, she is/was dating. Now she may/may not have any feelings for me, and I think I may have missed me chance with her.

This is the MAN advice thread son. So Im going to give you some manly advice. You will go nowhere with that girl. Its fucking high school, dont focus on trying to fall in love. Stop worrying about your chances and start pounding out all the ass you can while its still in its prime and not beat up from their first semester at college. Believe me, I did the whole girlfriend thing and I wish I didnt. It just causes headaches that arent worth it and missed opportunities for banging girls you will be kicking your ass later for not banging. And what kind of high school has fucking dances that arent prom????