MAN ADVICE

Is it rude if I just don't write back? Every message I've gotten so far... I'm not into it.

It's actually expected that you not only write back, but you you include a scandely clad picture of yourself, and you sign the message with your first name followed by their last name

after a year i have yet to get a date from online dating. i've even copied my friends profile as he gets tail every other week if he wanted. so i know it's not the profile. i really don't think it comes down to anything but physical attraction. i always saw myself like that record you bought, listened to and just didn't like, but a few months down the road, it grew on you and you learned to love it. unfortunately for online dating, people don't get past my cover. it's unfortunate. next

Is it rude if I just don't write back? Every message I've gotten so far... I'm not into it.

depends. i personally find it unnerving when people don't give the common courtesy of at least responding in some fashion. if they are being complete jerks or too perverse to your liking, then it's warranted. but any other post should at least be kindly responded to. 

after a year i have yet to get a date from online dating. i've even copied my friends profile as he gets tail every other week if he wanted. so i know it's not the profile. i really don't think it comes down to anything but physical attraction. i always saw myself like that record you bought, listened to and just didn't like, but a few months down the road, it grew on you and you learned to love it. unfortunately for online dating, people don't get past my cover. it's unfortunate. next

I'll admit that when I take the time to troll around the dating sites I end up doing exactly what you are talking about.  I always thought of myself as more progressive and forward thinking but I'm a shallow fucking bastard.  Now I'm not saying I'm only looking for a perfect 10, but when looking through online dating profiles I do make a snap judgement.  This should be nothing earthshattering.  Men are visual creatures. 

Most of the girls that have initiated contact with me I actually feel somewhat bad but I don't respond to.  If your profile pic has you looking like your crying, I don't have a desire to get to know you better.  The other typical profile I get messages from are very very obese women.  Which, again may be shallow of me but is a huge turnoff and a conversation non-starter.  I should probably take the time and message back but I don't know how to say no thanks not interested. 

Heck a couple years ago a guy I went to high school kept trying to get me to go out on a date with him.  Awkward backstory is in High School over the summer of my Junior to Senior year a kid came out of the closet and was harrassed to the point where he had to change schools.  I was already an outcast so I just started a rumor I was gay and tried to make myself a lightening rod for any prejudice being dished out.  He was a super weird guy, maybe a bit off, and I didn't want to tell him I made up that story back in the day because I didn't want him to think I was making that up as an excuse and I didn't want to just tell him I'm not interested.  That lasted for about a month till things got a bit creepy.  He found out what car I was driving and where I worked, tried calling me at work a few times.  Started knowing when I wasn't at my apartment.  That was when I had to just be an asshat.

I'll admit that when I take the time to troll around the dating sites I end up doing exactly what you are talking about.  I always thought of myself as more progressive and forward thinking but I'm a shallow fucking bastard.  Now I'm not saying I'm only looking for a perfect 10, but when looking through online dating profiles I do make a snap judgement.  This should be nothing earthshattering.  Men are visual creatures. 

Most of the girls that have initiated contact with me I actually feel somewhat bad but I don't respond to.  If your profile pic has you looking like your crying, I don't have a desire to get to know you better.  The other typical profile I get messages from are very very obese women.  Which, again may be shallow of me but is a huge turnoff and a conversation non-starter.  I should probably take the time and message back but I don't know how to say no thanks not interested. 

Heck a couple years ago a guy I went to high school kept trying to get me to go out on a date with him.  Awkward backstory is in High School over the summer of my Junior to Senior year a kid came out of the closet and was harrassed to the point where he had to change schools.  I was already an outcast so I just started a rumor I was gay and tried to make myself a lightening rod for any prejudice being dished out.  He was a super weird guy, maybe a bit off, and I didn't want to tell him I made up that story back in the day because I didn't want him to think I was making that up as an excuse and I didn't want to just tell him I'm not interested.  That lasted for about a month till things got a bit creepy.  He found out what car I was driving and where I worked, tried calling me at work a few times.  Started knowing when I wasn't at my apartment.  That was when I had to just be an asshat.

yeah, see, id put my foot down if someone was bothering/stalking me. that's going a bit too far. 

so far, just a bunch of thugs, eminem type looking guys with wifebeater mirror pics, and old guys.

most of them just say 'ur hott' or 'what would u think about getting to know each other better'

The crazy saga continues for me. After we had broken up we still kind of talked and shit, but only because she was afraid that I was going to ruin her life somehow. I hinted at things, but I would never follow through with something like that. The main thing was telling her mother that she does drugs and how she lives her life, especially since her mother pays for everything.

Anyway, she comes over last night to have this final talk with me so I can attempt to get closure on everything. The talk goes fine, and about 30 minutes into it she starts kissing me. Then she's talking about how she wants to stay friends, and fuck around still, but if someone else comes into our lives then we move on. I'm kind of hesitant towards this idea so I told her I'd sleep on it.

She asks me for a drink and when I come back she's in my bed naked and trying to fuck, so I'm thinking why not because I'm a dumbass and can't pass that up. Right before we get down to business she tells me she's had sex already that day and that she hasn't showered. I can't tell if this is a lie to try to hurt me, or a truth to try and hurt me. I tell her to leave and she starts texting her friend that I was acting crazy again and that he needed to come over and beat me up.

The entire night she had threatened me with this "master plan" that would ruin my life if I ever did anything bad to her. She said something along the lines of falsifying reports of abuse and harassment, but I'm not sure if this is what she was talking about. I was never threatening towards her, nor was I physical with her in any way, so I don't think anything would hold up if she ever tried to do something like that. I'm supposed to have a talk with her roommate later tonight to get all of this bullshit sorted out and make sure that nobody ends up hurt or in trouble for something that never happened.

What the fuck is wrong with people? Part of me wants to ruin this girl's life because she really needs that to happen to her, but I don't want to find out what she has planned for me if I did anything

you should stay as far away from her as possible. all of that sounds absolutely crazy and ridiculous. save yourself the trouble now and move on. it doesn't seem like that should be too tough. 

Yeah, I'm for sure gone after I have a talk with her roommate tonight. He's just as confused as I am. I'm going to try to get him to get her help because she's out of control and really going to fuck something up soon.

What the fuck is wrong with people? Part of me wants to ruin this girl's life because she really needs that to happen to her, but I don't want to find out what she has planned for me if I did anything

You said earlier that she's bipolar, right? Well, that's what's "wrong" with her, she sounds manic as fuck right now. Personally I'd count your losses on this one and head for the hills. Not sure why you think telling on her to her mom is going to solve anything if she's not on her meds.

Just my overly-simplified two cents, though.

You said earlier that she's bipolar, right? Well, that's what's "wrong" with her, she sounds manic as fuck right now. Personally I'd count your losses on this one and head for the hills. Not sure why you think telling on her to her mom is going to solve anything if she's not on her meds.

Just my overly-simplified two cents, though.

Yeah, she is bipolar. She talks about getting help for it, but never follows through.

The only reason I was going to tell her mom about her was because during some other fight that we had she told my ex-gf about everything involving us. I was still friends with my ex at the time and now she's gone, obviously. It was just my way of getting back at her. I don't think I would have ever done that, but the fear was planted in her head and that was good enough for me.

talking to her mom should be done as a means of making sure she's medicated properly.. not revenge.

That was another thing too. When we first met she had a problem with pills, but has been fine for a few months. Lately she's been talking about how she can't wait to get a job so she can do drugs again. By talking to her mom that would probably get her into rehab and keep her safe. I don't think her mom cares much about her mental health, because she said her mom is also bipolar and unmedicated, but she would do something about the drug problem since her brother went through the same thing. It's really just a fucked up situation that I wish I didn't get myself into.